Luke Cage casting call (merged)

swifty said:
PLEASE!!! Keep this joke of an actor AWAY!! from Luke Cage!!

I say they should go with Michael Jai White all the way!!!

I would prefer LL for Cage. but, Tyrese isn't a joke actor. Check out Flight of the Phoenix.

skorponok said:
The Elektra film has nothing to do with Luke Cage.

Yes it does. He is from Marvel, just like she is, and the Punisher. If they bombed there is no way in hell Luke Cage will do well. Not saying it can't, but I just don't think it will. It is obvious that the lower name characters aren't making noise at the box office. That is why Black Widow will suffer the same fate. Good job there Avi, oh yeah, and I'm really looking foward to Deathlok.

If they only made films of the flag ship characters, how much money, and time they will save.

LL would be a great Cage but wheres a spirct and what would be the story? I think LL would be great and it would make the movie alittle more well known.

Cage2.jpg
judge4.jpg
judge1.jpg

C'mon, Christopher Judge!

Michael Jai White for Cage, Ray Park for Iron Fist, make a Heroes for Hire movie, there is alot of potential in a buddy-action super-hero flick.

LL Cool J fits the mold. I think he'd be great. He's my first choice. Henry Simmons is also good. I think a well known actor should be cast as the villian to help in the film's box office potential. The rock also wouldn't be bad. He has the most box office potential, and he looks like he can pull it off if you look at his appearence in the upcoming movie Be Cool.

Tyrese doesn't scream luke Cage to me. I really don't care for him as an actor. he hasn't shown any range in the pictures I've seen him in. He's the same character, but different names.

Vapor said:
Cage2.jpg
judge4.jpg
judge1.jpg

C'mon, Christopher Judge!

Not bad, but he even less known the henry simmos, I just don't see a box office draw here. No studio is going finance this project with him as the lead.

Roughneck said:
Not for Cage. This guy IS Bishop.

Hell, No!!!

Keith Hamilton Cobb or Malcolm Jamal Warner is Bishop.
The idea I like so far is LL. His acting is as good as anyone anybody named. And it would guarantee a bigbox office. Now if they can only write a good script...

Roughneck said:
Not for Cage. This guy IS Bishop.

Chris Judge IS NOT Bishop. You want Bishop? Click my sig.

I'm trying to post pics, but they aren't coming up. I'll get some links for everyone.

Aw... screw it. This damn thing!?!?! Sorry guys, if you don't know what they look like look them up.

Henry Simmons would be my choice.

Phifer is the perfect Cloak dammit; why is he on the poll for Luke Cage?;)

Philly Phanboy said:
Henry Simmons would be my choice.

Phifer is the perfect Cloak dammit; why is he on the poll for Luke Cage?;)

Because a lot of people have suggested him for Cage also.

Avi said they were gonna get Jamie Foxx for Cage pre-Oscar. Now they don't know if they can get him, but may find "the next Jamie Foxx." Jamie was a TV star and movie bit player before the huge break of "Any Given Sunday." Henry Simmons is a TV star right now on "NYPD Blue," which is ending, and he's had bit parts in some films. Could it be? Could Henry Simmons get in the running for Cage? One can only hope.

If anyone wants exact quotes from Arad about Luke Cage, an archived version of the webcast, including visual materials will be available @ Marvel.com for thirty days, according to the site. It should be posted later today. :)

http://marvel.com/company/index.htm

and now Avi Arad is-- or was-- throwing Jamie Foxx's hat in the ring.. I don't see why they couldn't get him-- unless he wants to start charging $20 mil per film-- heck, i don't see why they couldn't get him to defer his salary against the gross, like a few of these guys do now..

Just the idea of casting Jamie Foxx as Luke Cage is ridiculous.....
Is Avi Arad on drugs or something? :confused:

Isildur´s Heir said:
Just the idea of casting Jamie Foxx as Luke Cage is ridiculous.....
Is Avi Arad on drugs or something? :confused:

Agreed. Jamie is definitely not my first choice...or second...or third...

The three I've liked so far are Simmons, Cross, and Judge. I'm not sure which one I'd prefer, but right now I'm leaning towards Cross. Especially after he pwned those 2 guys on 24 last night.

Some fun facts, Cross played one of the Secret Service agents in X2 during the opening sequence and Judge was the voice of Magneto on X-Men Evolution.

Philly Phanboy said:
Agreed. Jamie is definitely not my first choice...or second...or third...

I love jamie, but not as luke cage. Jamie is like 5'9

Hollywood Ghost said:
what do you mean 'IMagine' fifty cent with super powers.
He's ****ing bullet proof already.

Oh sweet lord almighty, noooooooooooooooo 50 Cent for cage. Ughh, what a horriable suggestion. the last thing i want is a rapper as Cage. i don't want to see him stumble and mumble his way through the role. I don't have to have seen 50 cent in anything, i can say with confidence that he can't act.

Henry Simmons would make a great Cage! He looks like he was born to play him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"