Luke Cage Luke Cage General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
devin faraci ‏@devincf 25m25 minutes ago
Buzz i am hearing: LUKE CAGE is great.

Ok, I'm really scared now.

devin faraci @devincf 31 March 2015
Hearing very bad buzz on DAREDEVIL.

I'm hoping for the best. Marvel/Netflix hasn't let me down yet.

New pic, Luke and maybe Misty?

5zqrs4.jpg

Excited for the panel tomorrow.

I hope they release the comic con panel like they did for Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Ok, I'm really scared now.

devin faraci @devincf 31 March 2015
Hearing very bad buzz on DAREDEVIL.

There's nothing to worry about. Devin Faraci posted that, and then guess what happened? A bunch of super positive reviews came out for Daredevil.

And just looking at some of his other comments/posts, he seems very biased against dark comic book stuff (he kept hating on the promos for DD S1 for that very reason for a long time, but oddly enough he loves Jessica Jones).

I'm sure this show will be awesome, but Devin Faraci isn't the guy I'd go for in terms of opinions on these shows.

Excited for the panel tomorrow.

Super hyped for the show as well.

So today's panel is at 8:45 pm eastern I believe for anyone like myself on the east coast. I may be wrong but could've sworn that's what I was reading in an article earlier.

Faraci is a f***ing herb. He wants every comic book film to be Batman & Robin.

http://time.com/4415838/luke-cage-mike-colter-jessica-jones-marvel/

How will Luke Cage be different from Jessica Jones or Daredevil?

Colter: Daredevil has bad place’s Kitchen. Luke Cage has Harlem, and that has a totally different feel to it. The people who live there are different; the history is different. Harlem has this relationship with music that’s special—The Apollo Theater, The Cotton Club. For decades, artists lived in Harlem because they felt like it was a place they could thrive and live on their own terms.

The neighborhood went through a tough time in the late 70s and early 80s because of the influx of drugs and violence. So it took a bit of a rebuilding. Now, Harlem has gone through this whole gentrification process. And in this show past meets present.

But it’s very intimate. Jessica had a very personal story, dealing with one specific villain. Luke Cage is intimate in terms of the sense of community and a neighborhood. The people who live in the neighborhood connect with Luke Cage and want leadership.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/21/luke-cage-mike-colter-marvel

That fact is not lost on the show’s executive producer and cast. During an interview at the EW lounge at San Diego Comic-Con, series creator Cheo Hodari Coker discussed the black superhero’s relevance as “somebody that the community can touch and go to.”

“There’s never been a time in history where having a bulletproof black man, in terms of just looking at how that affects a neighborhood, in terms of looking at, for example, how it not only changes law enforcement but also changes the criminal world, and really in a sense, it’s like Luke’s entrance into this world changes the ecology of the entire neighborhood,” Coker said.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07...runner-compares-the-defenders-to-wu-tang-clan

During IGN's San Diego Comic-Con livestream, Luke Cage showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker compared Marvel's Netflix plans of bringing its various series together to the Wu-Tang Clan — fans can appreciate every individual member for their solo work, but The Defenders is its own unique take on all of these characters.

"Each individual series has its own vibe, but then you come together with The Defenders, it's the supergroup," Coker said. "So if Daredevil is The Genius, and Jessica Jones is Raekwon and we're Ghostface Killah, we're all going to come together with The Defenders as Wu-Tang."

"The same way that you can individually have your own favorite members of Wu-Tang, but when they come together as a group, that's really the power and really the genius of how it's set up ... Everybody gets their moment," Coker said.

Raphael Saadiq and Faith Evans will be performing in Cottonmouth's club?

Holy **** that's dope.

Mike Colter said Episode 4 is one of his favorites and features the origin.

Hyped.

Anyone else following the live blog or am I the only one? Haha

Every episode will be named after famous/well known songs.

Footage shown and cast interviews.

Misty will be undercover for a part of the show. Apparently she takes Luke back to his place and gets rid of the dress. Hopefully this isn't a romance between the two as I want Danny and Misty.

Last edited:
Rosario Dawson couldn't be there because she's shooting another Marvel Netflix show in New York. Iron Fist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"