Mafia II

CaptainAmerica

Desciple of the Creed
Reaction score
I didn't see any threads about this.

vito-1.jpg

Just saw the new trailer on Gametrailers. Looks great. The first one was great for the PC, but terrible for the PS2 and Xbox. Hopefully this one is better.

I just heard about this and it sounded familiar. Turns out I played the demo for the original and loved it, but somehow forgot about it by the time it actually released. I bought the PC version for about $8 earlier today (online, so it'll take a while to get here). Has there been anymore news on the sequel?

I love the theme for this game.

Iv never been a big fan of anything mafia(Godfather,Sopranos etc) related, unless someone like Frank Castle was offing each member of a mafia one by one. Still tho, this game looks pretty solid.

I already plan on getting this day one. It looks gorgeous and the set piece/levels look interesting and different.

The original game was very linear for an open world game with some pretty odd difficulty level jumps. As long as there is a decent involving story like the first and pins down the time period feel then I'm happy.

Demo's out? Sweet, I'm on it.

I loved the first one, thought it was really fun. I'm excited for this one, I heard it's a big improvment on the first one.

demo was fun. controls were actually pretty bad. maybe it was the animation...but cover was clunky and sprinting felt tiresome, like i was actually running. still might get it.

It was a fun demo, but the controls were bad, car turning was slow, and it was incredibly easy

On foot gameplay was fine, cover system was meh I thought but thats because I'm used to the way that you can just move the control stick back and hop out of cover, that's just my playing style I got use to from Gears and RDR. And no diving/rolling? Youre breaking my heart.

I might still get this. I was so pumped for this I remember bragging to my friends how its going to be a contender from game of the year, but from the demo it doesnt seem like it. Might wait for price to go down

It was a fun demo, but the controls were bad, car turning was slow, and it was incredibly easy

On foot gameplay was fine, cover system was meh I thought but thats because I'm used to the way that you can just move the control stick back and hop out of cover, that's just my playing style I got use to from Gears and RDR. And no diving/rolling? Youre breaking my heart.

I might still get this. I was so pumped for this I remember bragging to my friends how its going to be a contender from game of the year, but from the demo it doesnt seem like it. Might wait for price to go down

How were the game physics, do people react when the get shot like in RDR or GTA4?

IN all honesty I dont pay attention to that stuff that much. I'll pay more attention to it the next go round.
I dont think that if you shoot someone in their arms that they'll cradle their arm or limp away (if shot in leg) but then again I was just straight killing

IN all honesty I dont pay attention to that stuff that much. I'll pay more attention to it the next go round.
I dont think that if you shoot someone in their arms that they'll cradle their arm or limp away (if shot in leg) but then again I was just straight killing

I see, I pay attention to it because it pisses me off if you empty a clip on someone and their still running around, but who knows maybe they dont react like that in this game

I pre-ordered off steam a couple of days back, been playing the original game. Even if it's only with £5-£10 now that cut's the game price down to a about £20-25, gotten 13 hours out of so far, pretty decent deal me thinks. From the gameplay footage in the trailers, it looks like this mission takes place in during winter in the full game. Presumably it takes place over a certain amount of years like the original.

I see, I pay attention to it because it pisses me off if you empty a clip on someone and their still running around, but who knows maybe they dont react like that in this game
I just played a little bit more. Headshots work fine. I shot people in the leg and they seemed to be walking fine after, which is lame. Aiming system is hard and everyone is moving so I couldnt try with the arm. People go down pretty easily. Including yourself, everytime I try and start something with the police and either I die in a car crash (the car doesnt explode you just crash) or I get riddled with bullets because there is no evade system and cops surround from all sides

But if you shoot someone while there in a car, you'll see there head fly back and droop over the back of the chair...but that happens no matter which angle you shoot them from
The hand to hand combat is cool

I was caught off guard by the fact the playboys arent just covers, but the center folds. I picked up the magazine when you first start out and was quite surprised to see a naked chick pop up on screen. I have a feeling a lot of kids are going to download the demo just for that, haha.

I just played a little bit more. Headshots work fine. I shot people in the leg and they seemed to be walking fine after, which is lame. Aiming system is hard and everyone is moving so I couldnt try with the arm. People go down pretty easily. Including yourself, everytime I try and start something with the police and either I die in a car crash (the car doesnt explode you just crash) or I get riddled with bullets because there is no evade system and cops surround from all sides

But if you shoot someone while there in a car, you'll see there head fly back and droop over the back of the chair...but that happens no matter which angle you shoot them from
The hand to hand combat is cool

Thats whats up, thanks for the info bro

Also there is no blind fire. Alot of seemingly standard third person shooter aspects are missing from this

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"