Mageina Tovah aka 'The Chocolate Cake Girl' Is Back!

Retroman

Avenger
Reaction score
The actress -Mageina Tovah- who played the infamous role of 'Ursula Ditkovich' (Landlord's daughter aka 'Chocolate Cake Girl') in Spider-Man 2 is back in SM3. I stumbled upon this interview she did last year where she said this. I know the interview itself is a little 'old' but after doing a few searches i couldn't find any evidence that this was ever posted here or at any other website.

From the Toronto Star:
In the meantime, he has a lot to keep him busy. Including plans to direct his own film, using a script he's writing around his Waterborne co-star and close friend Mageina Tovah, 24.

"I'm writing this script right now. I've fallen so mad about Mageina, I'm writing this part for her. I just think it's an incredible part. And I'm really ready to direct."

Tovah inspires her own double takes. She had a small part in Spider-Man 2 as the Russian neighbour to Tobey Maguire.

A lot of fans figure that was a tip by Spider-Man writer/director Sam Raimi that Tovah is going to play the role of Black Widow in the third Spidey film. Black Widow is a Russian spy who becomes a superhero.

"I don't know," Tovah herself said coyly. "Sam Raimi told me there's a part for me in Spider-Man 3, but I don't know if it's big or small. We'll see."
Source: http://thenextattack.com/ftp/Press/TorontoStar-Can_Uncle_Rico_protect_LA.pdf

More info on Tovah: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1033193/
http://www.mageinatovah.com/

UPDATE
Mageina's official site confirms she's in the movie and that she's just wrapped filming.

Mageina has just finished filming Spider-man 3, due out May, 2007 and Live!, a film with Eva Mendes, (Hitch, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Once Upon a Time in Mexico), and David Krumholtz, (Numb3rs, 10 Things I Hate About You).

Mageina recently won the Method Fest's Best Supporting Actress award for her role in the film Dark Heart.

Her film Bickford Shmeckler's Cool Ideas with Patrick Fugit, John Cho, Olivia Wilde and Matthew Lillard, is making the film festival circuit, catch it at a festival near you!
Source: http://www.mageinatovah.com/

spiderman2130qb.jpg

Tovah and Maguire in a deleted scene from Spider-Man 2

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! THAT MEANS PETER IS STILL IN THAT S**TTY APARTMENT AFTER 3 FRICKIN YEARS!!!!

Good find Retroman, but that is the most pointless part I have heard of. We already have Gwen and MJ and the chocolate cake scene from last movie sucked.

lordofthenerds said:
We already have Gwen and MJ and the chocolate cake scene from last movie sucked.

I actually liked the cake scene. For once, Raimi actually used silence to get a point across (versus having a 20 minute speech based on completely obvious statements).

In some respects this might be good. It means they didn't rapidly advance the romance. Pete and MJ will actually be dating for the first time, and won't be living together (which to me also suggests no marriage at the end :up: ).

On the other hand, if Pete's still in that apartment, it leaves room for more "comic relief" with the landlord and Ursula (remember her scenes other than the Cake scene... her "ackward, bumbling" sort of presence?

I also thought Tovah did a good job with her klutzy cute character.

If she's in SM3, I'm sure it will be a very quick scene where Ursula passes MJ on the stairs to Peter's apartment and gives MJ a dirty look or something funny like that.

Mr. Dumb@$$ said:
THAT MEANS PETER IS STILL IN THAT S**TTY APARTMENT AFTER 3 FRICKIN YEARS!!!!
Do we have confirmation that SM3 is supposed to take place three years after SM2? I don't think so...

I thought at one point Sam said it takes place only a few months (at most) after SM2.

Well, seems to me like Peter will be eating more for free, on account of Ursula.

She should have kept the cake for herself, she needs it.

Let's not forget Betty.. Peter turns playa in Spidey 3.

Mr. Dumb@$$ said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! THAT MEANS PETER IS STILL IN THAT S**TTY APARTMENT AFTER 3 FRICKIN YEARS!!!!

Well at least he cracked me up! lol! :up:

I don't mind that she returns but please no more would you want this or that? from her whiling talking to Peter

Spider Boy said:
I actually liked the cake scene. For once, Raimi actually used silence to get a point across (versus having a 20 minute speech based on completely obvious statements).
:up:
Hmmm... so the chocolate cake girl is back, eh? Will there be more chocolate cakes to eat or will she offer a mocha one instead? Would she gain weight? Would Raimi redesign the character because most viewers found her first appearance "unsatisfying"? Will she wear a mask? The possibilities are endless...

S-M1: GG
S-M3: GG2? :spidey:

S-M2: CCG
S-M3: CCG2? :eek:

lordofthenerds said:
Good find Retroman, but that is the most pointless part I have heard of. We already have Gwen and MJ and the chocolate cake scene from last movie sucked.

yea, what was that scene about anyways. did peter even talk to her, or just eat his cake and having her stare at him, with that mole over her eyebrow.

i hope the movie doesn't take place three years later. they probably wont show this, but i really wanted to see the conversation after with peter and harry.

OH GREAT.....NOW WE HAVE THREE UGLY, SKINNY CHICKS, COMPETING FOR PETE'S AFFECTIONS. :o

Sean Adisano said:
i hope the movie doesn't take place three years later. they probably wont show this, but i really wanted to see the conversation after with peter and harry.

I read in an interview with Raimi that the movie will take place immediately after part 2 ended. I don't know if he means it will begind uring the last swing of spider-man 2 or the next day or what. Becaues I do wonder what is up with those fake looking helicopters in the last scene.

But anyways Chocolate girl is so incredibly ugly. I mean jeez. Start eating don't stop, and don't get out of bed for a week. Get breast implants and but implants too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"