Majik1387's Art Thread

So I just realized I could do these thumbnail link things, and I figured I try them out.

With the leaked teaser trailer of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, I figured I'll post some of my mixed fairytale(currently using Fables as a title) art/designs that a couple people on here may know about.

Newer designs for the Red Queen of Hearts, older Alice Liddle, and older Dorothy Gale

Princess Knight Aurora, humanized Ariel, ballgown Belle, and ballgown Snow White. (Using Disney names only until I can think of names that aren't a rip-off)

Mad Hatter, Pinocchio, and teen Alice Liddle

Cowardly Lion and Caterpillar

Cheshire Cat, Dorothy, and the Wheelers from Oz

Older Red Riding Hood, evil Oz witch Mombi, the White Rabbit, and Princess Ozma

Liir, Elphaba a.k.a. Wicked Witch of the West's son.

Death of the Snow Queen

And finally, older Alice Liddle vs. Red Queen of Hearts.

I have more Fables related pieces on my deviantart, though they are older.

Teaser Trailer???? WHERE???!?!?!?

From what I've read, Disney took it down already.

Someone must have ripped the trailer, I must see it!

Latest update on my Universal Monsters piece. I'm actually taking a lot longer than I anticipated I would. :csad:

UMWIP.jpg

Well, not quite sure who still looks through this thread, but just thought I'd share the status of some of my art pieces.

After some time, I've decided to get over frustrations over not getting some Teen Titans not looking right, and to take it off of my "On Hold" list and have 4 1/2 Titans done, and more to go, so don't expect a finished product anytime soon, but it is coming.

As for my to-do list, is mainly gonna be mock up movie posters. They're just so fun to do.:yay:

The list at this moment is:
Machete
Jem and the Holograms
New X-Men
A icon horror movie mash up
My Zombie/Vampire comic
My futuristic noir story

The last three have been projects of mine from high school and college that I've sort of had on hiatus. The one that has the most work done is the zombie/vampire comic, which has about 50 pages of storyboard/comic done with a lot more to go.
The noir story was a creation of mine after seeing the Sin City trailer when it first came out and I ended up developing it more with the Sims 2 game of all things. :oldrazz:

As for the horror movie one, sorta got the idea from Freddy vs Jason, and like every other horror fan, I wanted to see more matchups and I sort of made up a story which I'll share when I post the art when it's finished. I did make character designs my first year of college, which I'll post here a bit later. The designs were done like 3 years ago, so I know a lot of them need to be redone.

And I'll also be uploading older art of mine from my years, I guess to show my progression, but also because I'd like to share it. It's the reason I have this thread.

So yeah, that's my update for right now. Be posting art in a bit!

I look forward to the New X-Men poster.

So here are some unfinished drawings for my Zombie/Vampire comic
The unfinished poster
ZombieVampirePoster.jpg

Another poster idea inspired by The Walking Dead GN covers
ZombieWIP.jpg

Part of a scene in the story
ZombieFinale1.jpg

Some Harry Potter fanart in thumbnails

Last one colored with colored pencils and sharpee

More coming in a sec

Dumbledore's Army in Sharpee

Some X-Men drawings in Sharpee

A redesign of the main X-Men team in my X-Universe.
Teampic.jpg

An X-Men: Evo inspired Dark Phoenix rising

Older superhero manips

Kate Winslet as Poison Ivy
kwpoisonivy.jpg

Jodi Lynn O'Keefe as Wonder Woman
3445.jpg

Rhona Mitra as Catwoman
3732.jpg

Tim Burton's Batman 3, but used the title Batman: Triumphant even though that was supposed to be Schumacher's 3rd movie title.
burtonfuturemovie.jpg

Keri Russell as Catwoman
krcatwoman.jpg

Marley Shelton as Harley Quinn
MarleyHarley2.jpg

Christopher Lloyd as Mr. Freeze
mrfreeze.jpg

Some more older manips

Sarah Michelle Gellar as Poison Ivy
smgpi.jpg

The Little Mermaid live action made when Enchanted came out
thelittlemermaidbig.jpg

Missy Peregrym as Wonder Woman
wonderwoman.jpg

Matt Long as Nightwing
newnightwing.jpg

Kate Winslet as Poison Ivy
PoisonIvyHeadshot.jpg

Emily Blunt as Black Widow
BlackWidow.jpg

Some more drawings
Some original superhero characters of mine
NatureBoyAuraHellfire.jpg

Batfamily drawing of mine from high school
OldBatfamilydrawing.jpg

Polaris drawing from high school
OldPolarisdrawing.jpg

Romeo and Juliet drawing for a possible poster at school that never ended up happening
RomeoandJuliet.jpg

And that's it for now. Next postings will be the drawings of the horror movie mix

Okay, so here's the horror movie mixup project.

Keep in mind, I drew these about 3-4 years ago, and at the time, this was the first time I ever even thought of drawing these characters. I know a lot of them need some redesigns, and that I have to add more fan faves, and that the story needs tweeking, but at the moment, I think it has a good basis.

Here's the first group of characters
Team.jpg

From left to right;
Our main character and new recruit Cole Sear(The Sixth Sense), Tiffany(Hellraiser 2), Tommy Doyle(Halloween), Danny Torrence(The Shining), Ash J. Williams(Evil Dead trilogy), Charlie McGee(Firestarter), Andy Barclay(Child's Play trilogy), and Tommy Jarvis(Friday the 13th parts 4-6)

They make up a secret government team to handle "unknown" happenings in the country(thought of this before I even knew of Hellboy) because they're all survivors of supernatural circumstances while some are recruited due to their supernatural abilities.

Now for the main antagonists of the story
Trinity-1.jpg

The Unholy Trinity
Regan MacNeil(Exorcist series), Damien Thorn(Omen series), and Carrie White(Carrie)

Damien Thorn is trying to live out his prophecy and on the way he's managed to wed an amnesiac Carrie White(I'm modifying the film version of the character) and also having an affair with Regan, who thinks Thorn is only pursuing herself. With this, Thorn's prophecy is revealed in an ancient finding that the dark forces have a chosen bride for their antichrist to assist Damien on his rise to domination with powers that are comparable to his own.

And now we have the next group.
MidnightSociety.jpg

The Midnight Society (kudos to those who know the reference)

Elvira(Elvira Mistress of the Dark), Cole Sear(The Sixth Sense), Madame Serena(Teen Witch), Sarah Bailey(The Craft), Louise Miller(Teen Witch), Lydia Deitz, and Beetlejuice.(Beetlejuice)

This is a different collection of people involved in the supernatural. They mainly concentrate on witchcraft and psychic abilities. Madame Serena is the head of the coven, who is desperately trying to find her long lost twin sister Tangina Barrons, while she continues to mentor Louise and newcomers Sarah and Lydia. She hopes to train them to become the new Witches of Eastwick like the original trio of women who have gone into hiding. Elvira is trying to learn more about her ancestry and the lineage of witches in her bloodline while Beetlejuice is failing at flirting with her constantly. Cole had just become a member of the coven before the government team requested he join them as he plays a role in Thorn's prophecy.

The next group
Civilians.jpg

Jill Johnson(When A Stranger Calls), Jesse Burlingame(Wrong Turn), Trish Jenner(Jeepers Creepers), Indiana Jones(Indiana Jones series), Jonny Quest, Hadji Singh, and Jesse Bannon.(Jonny Quest series)

Now, I know Indy and Jonny aren't horror movie characters, but I wanted to use them.:oldrazz:
Indiana Jones is pressured by Doctor Jones to take Jonny and co. for some reason I have yet to think of. So as they're on an artifact search, they find another ancient tomb that has more details on the prophecy of Damien Thorn.
Jill Johnson has become an expert on famed slasher profiling and is helping Burlingame and Jenner in their cases of locating the murderer(s) of the recent victims that seem to lead to Cole Sear.

Which brings me to the final group
Minions.jpg

Candyman(Candyman), Jason Voorhees(Friday the 13th series), Freddy Kruegger(Nightmare on Elm Street series), Michael Meyers(Halloween series), Pinhead(Hellraiser series), Angela Baker(Sleepaway Camp series), Djinn(Wishmaster series), and the Blair Witch.(Blair Witch Project)

Here are the minions that do all of Damien Thorn's dirty work against his oppressors. Since the team and Midnight Society, other than Cole Sear, are missing from Thorn's prophecy, he decides to improvise against them the way they're trying to prevent his prophecy.

And that's what I got. Again I know it needs work, but I like it overall. I do have more story ideas and characters to add to it, but I'd appreciate all comments on what I have so far. :yay:

Yours truly.

I never cared for the Marlon Wayans casting, and I couldn't find good pics of Robert Olveri or Lukas Haas in the early 90's era.

Haha, I thought that was you

Don't mention Marlon Wayans...

I miss your manips.:(

I love the SMG as Ivy one.(That's definetly a different choice)
Also love your Burton Batman poster and Russell as Catwoman.(I think the Catwoman is one of your best, love the pose and costume)

Haha, I thought that was you

Don't mention Marlon Wayans...
Marlon who? :cwink:
LOOOOOVE these!
Thanks. Randomness, the Mr. Freeze one would be falling under the Burton Bat-universe as I think Burton would have loved to use Lloyd in one of his films.
I miss your manips.:(

I love the SMG as Ivy one.(That's definetly a different choice)
Also love your Burton Batman poster and Russell as Catwoman.(I think the Catwoman is one of your best, love the pose and costume)
Manips will be coming, they're just on the backburner. It's hard finding good base pics that aren't overused through all hell.

Well, instead of just using google and getting all those basic pics, try using fansites. And even try using images from premieres, magazine scans etc. Thats what I do.

Oh I use a lot of different kinds of pics in photomanips, it's a matter of just finding the right combo of them to frankenstein together.

So I noticed I forgot to show these older manips of mine as well. Mainly Batman manips

These were made when Heath Ledger was first announced as Joker
darkjoker.jpg

newjhq.jpg

newj.jpg

And when I supported Zooey Deschanel as Harley Quinn
hqzd.jpg

newbigharley.jpg

Rosario Dawson as Poison Ivy
poisonivy.jpg

David Gallagher and Marisa Coughlin as the Maximoff twins(one of my oldest manips)
maximofftwins.jpg

Kelly Clarkson as Dazzler
kcdazzler.jpg

I made a couple of different variant posters from all the rumors that surrounded TDK before we really knew anything about the story.
newbatposter.jpg

redone.jpg

newposterinprogress.jpg

Scarlett Johannsan as Catwoman
sjcatwomannew.jpg
sjcatwomannew2.jpg
sjcatwomannew3.jpg

A Robin suit design for a Bat-movie sequel
robin.jpg

Kelly Carlson as Emma Frost
diamondemma2.jpg

X-Girls