• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Man in suit for Hulk.

not_a_victim

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was watching Hellboy just the other day, and I could not help but thin that if the "man in suit" could be pulled off so well for it, then it could be done for Hulk.
Seriously, I think all they need is an ACTOR in the 7' range, put him in a GOOD suit, and it could work.

not_a_victim said:
I was watching Hellboy just the other day, and I could not help but thin that if the "man in suit" could be pulled off so well for it, then it could be done for Hulk.
Seriously, I think all they need is an ACTOR in the 7' range, put him in a GOOD suit, and it could work.

HELL NO! You can´t do Hulk justice with a guy in a suit, it would look incredibly bad and would almost certainly make sure that TIH would flop big time!

The Hulk is bigger then live and you just can´t capture that with a guy in a suit. For prove just look at Thing in the Fantastic four movie, sure he was played ok but he never seemed all the big and powerful in the movie, plus his movements became slower and more ackward.

CGI all the way!

Wyrminarrd said:
HELL NO! You can´t do Hulk justice with a guy in a suit, it would look incredibly bad and would almost certainly make sure that TIH would flop big time!

The Hulk is bigger then live and you just can´t capture that with a guy in a suit. For prove just look at Thing in the Fantastic four movie, sure he was played ok but he never seemed all the big and powerful in the movie, plus his movements became slower and more ackward.

CGI all the way!

To reiterate what this guy said

HELL NO!!!

not_a_victim said:

Yeah, because Hellboy has the same proportions as the Hulk doesnt he? NO. Hulk is 3 times the width of Hellboy and probably a little taller, so how could it work. IT COULDNT.

not_a_victim said:
nah, Hellboy isnt like Hulk. Hulk only wears shorts, Hellboy wears alot of things on him. Hellboy doesnt do half the things Hulk has to.

Afew reasons a Man-in-suit isn't right.
  1. Hulk can't move like he's burdened by his own weight. As an actor in a suit would.
  2. Hulk's proportions are pretty extreme, he's way to wide to fit as a traditional human form as a 7' guy in a suit would.
  3. Hulk does alot more than Hellboy as stated. Man in suit isn't practical for Hulk jumping around and smashing his enemies. Moving around with power and dominance. Hulk isn't some guy in a suit, he's a gamma powered dynamo.
Since they have stated they will use cgi for the action scenes. They will need to look like Hulk as far as a man in suit faking the cgi Hulk.
Unless they are radically changing Hulks appearance for Film 2 I doubt they will go for a heavy usage of man-in-suit. Simply because even at his smallest(first transformation) he's just sickeningly big.
I've used these two images time and time again(for these sort of discussions, the regulars will remember them from last time):
hallway.jpg

hallway2.jpg

To get Hulk man-in-suit friendly, they would need to horizontally compress Hulk so a person's arms could reach to the hands.

This is a duplicate thread..... Search "Does it bother you..." thread.

Admin... if you could, please.

It needs to be even a little CGI to distinguish it from the Lou Ferrigno series/movies.

Wyrminarrd said:
Couldn't have said it better.

I don't see a reason to go back to a painted bodybuilder or have a guy in a rubber costume.

Wesyeed said:
I don't see a reason to go back to a painted bodybuilder or have a guy in a rubber costume.

Me neither, the CGI worked fine in the first movie, i dont understand why they dont go 100% CGI for the sequel, but i could handle animatronics mixed with CGI.

I'm good with whatever method works. It doesn't have to be done on a computer just because the first one was.

Best to do a combination. Hyde in LXG was almost all done with a man in a suit.

The transformation scenes were best though.

No.
Hulk needs CGI, for himself and everything he does.

If they wanted to do makeup, they should of done it in the first movie.

Bottom line: It's weird to see a CGI Hulk go to a guy in make up in the followup movie (sequel, remake, whatever).

They could go for the mr hyde way. Film a guy in a suit but adjust his environment so he appears bigger.

not_a_victim said:
my god... get out of my sight, no, no just leave. how could you even think of that horrible of an idea? are you high? lol. im not that much of a comic fan to be serious saying something like that but seriously man, that is a horrible idea

Suit=Dumb Decision.
The CGI in the first Hulk worked, so why try to fix something that's not broken?

not_a_victim said:
You're crazy, a nutty, you're him:
35621041_9338aa30a4_m.jpg

Send him away boys.

not_a_victim said:

F***ing stupid idea, the whole idea of a remake is stupid in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"