• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Man in suit for Hulk.

After seeing the Hulk from TIH...I think that's the best version. the scaling, the appearance, everything was fantastic.

I liked that one too. I thought Ang Lee's hulk was to rubbery looking and his size was really inconsistent.
But the more recent Hulk movie was good stuff.

Why does it have to be 100% CGI or Man in Suit?

I don't think the CGI has been the decisive factor in either Hulk movie. But, I do think that whether or not you like one better than the other, they both fall into the "uncanny valley".

I tend to think that ultimately they're going to come up with a compromise where they capture the actual face of the actor, perhaps the same actor that portrays Banner with some added prosthetics and makeup, and paste it on a CGI / Animatronic / Man in Suit depending on what's best for each sequence. They did some similar stuff in Benjamin Button and I think that's ultimately the best solution.

Right now, CGI seems to be a hammer that they're using in every instance with The Hulk when there are more tools in the special effects toolbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"