• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Man in suit for Hulk.

I used to like the idea of a man in a suit but it would probably look crap. It would be cool to see a guy actually play the hulk again like lou but I don't think your ever going to find a guy that huge to fully do the hulk justice. A guy in a suit would look too slow and restricted when moving around.

Animatronics and cgi mixed together is definitley the best way to go.

They should however change the hulk's size and face though. His face looked way too pretty in the first movie and he should be no taller than 9ft max. He needs to look a lot more scary at times so that when he becomes the hero its more surprising to people.

I'd like to see the hulk talk a bit more too and show the opposite personalities of banner and hulk. To show how the hulk is more simple in the that way he views things.

Spider - Man said:
It would be as implausable to make Hulk a man in a suit as it would have been to have Gollum be a human in makeup. CGI is the much better way to go.

But Gollum is THINNER and shorter than his original form. It would be hard to add bulk to an actor and make them seem thinner.
All I am saying is that Pearlman looked awesome in a Hellboy suit, and maybe, just maybe, they could do the same thing for the Hulk.

I was watching Hellboy just the other day, and I could not help but thin that if the "man in suit" could be pulled off so well for it, then it could be done for Hulk.
Seriously, I think all they need is an ACTOR in the 7' range, put him in a GOOD suit, and it could work.

The had a man in the suit for the acting scenes, but all the action was pulled off using CGI. You are not going pull off a 15 foot guy by putting a 6'7" guy in a padded suit. The CGI was fine for the Hulk. His problem is that he doesn't have the fan base to turn a profit on a $200 million film. The need to lower the budget and settle with the $250 million take.

Man in a suit won't work. Just how the muscles move and stuff would be impossible to achieve with suit. What WOULD work, sort of, is a huge bodybuilder painted green. Only problem is he would have to be on all kinds of steroids to stay huge and that wouldn't be cool.

do i see here complex animatronic tests for a hulk movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRRMMmWnevo&feature=player_embedded#

That does look quite interesting. I'm surprised at how smooth the movements looked once the "flesh" was placed on the robot. A "man-in-a-suit" will never work, but this would be the next best thing to cgi. I mean, animatronics/cgi combo. However, cgi alone is still the best way to render the Hulk. Everything they did with him in TIH was awesome. After all, there is a reason why they did not pursue the animatronics route.

I was watching Hellboy just the other day, and I could not help but thin that if the "man in suit" could be pulled off so well for it, then it could be done for Hulk.
Seriously, I think all they need is an ACTOR in the 7' range, put him in a GOOD suit, and it could work.

Well you find me a decent actor who is over 7 foot tall and I'll give you a cookie.

Seriously man no offense, but this is a stupid idea.

Hellboy is no where near as big as Hulk. Hulk NEEDS to be fully CGI

I'm not usually the guy who is campaigning for CGI, but in this case I really have to be in the digital hulk camp.

Suits work for characters like Hellboy, but even Hellboy was a mix of CG and costuming.

When you get a costume of a character that has dimensions well beyond anything humans can accomplish you often get a character that has been scaled down. Just look at poor Juggs.
promo1juggernaut2.jpg

juggernaut2ov1.jpg

Would you want to see Hulk get a similar treatment?
or would you like to see something like this again?
second-trailer-for-the-incredible-hulk-movie-more-edward-norton-and-liv-tyler.jpg

Incredible%20Hulk%20movie.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty much check mate.

I am not sure what cgi you guys think was used to realize Hellboy, but there was VERY little in either movie. Sometimes his tail was digital and I think one shot of his stone hand was in part one. SOME of the fight scene would have a digital stunt double here and there, but the vast majority was ALL practical. And HB2 had even LESS digital work.

You could easily do a Hulk as a Make-up/costume and increase his size to what ever hight you need. The Lord of the Rings movies are full of these shots, as are any number of fantasy films over the years. Shots like the one above with Tim Roth could even be done in camera at no extra cost. My big beef with the both Hulk's has been his design. TIH is a step in the right direction, but they need to move closer to the great Kirby/Ayres Hulk and not this long haired crap.

It's not just the look/size of Hulk, it's the way he moves.

You just couldn't have a guy in a massive body suit move like Hulk.

I am not sure what cgi you guys think was used to realize Hellboy, but there was VERY little in either movie. Sometimes his tail was digital and I think one shot of his stone hand was in part one. SOME of the fight scene would have a digital stunt double here and there, but the vast majority was ALL practical. And HB2 had even LESS digital work.

You could easily do a Hulk as a Make-up/costume and increase his size to what ever hight you need. The Lord of the Rings movies are full of these shots, as are any number of fantasy films over the years. Shots like the one above with Tim Roth could even be done in camera at no extra cost. My big beef with the both Hulk's has been his design. TIH is a step in the right direction, but they need to move closer to the great Kirby/Ayres Hulk and not this long haired crap.

Lets take a closer look at your 'Lord of the Rings" example. While creative camera angles and forced perspective shots can make someone look bigger, smaller or just disproportionate, however you will notice in those movies when they did shots like that it was in scenes where people were just sitting or standing around. For example the council at Elrod's house, and Gandalf and Frodo on the wagon. When it came time for someone to fight something huge a CG effect was used. Example The Balrog and the Cave trolls. It would be prohibitively difficult to choreograph a fight between Hulk and someone else if they were in two different locations like that. The punches would look wrong, there is no way Hulk could throw someone. Its a nice idea, because I admit CG still has not progressed to the point where it is indistinguishable from something that is really there, but I still think this would look worse.

Man in a suit is not needed for Hulk. Louis Leterrier said that they tried some man in a suit tests for both Hulk and Abomination and they weren't good enough because you couldn't get the skin and muscles to move properly.

That video which shows the animantronic Hulk from the film that never happened looks pretty cool but again, it will be extremely difficult to have it moving like how skin and muscles move.

CGI is the only way to create Hulk but animatronics could be used for some scenes when like we only see Hulk's hands or feet.

Man in a suit is not needed for Hulk. Louis Leterrier said that they tried some man in a suit tests for both Hulk and Abomination and they weren't good enough because you couldn't get the skin and muscles to move properly.

That video which shows the animantronic Hulk from the film that never happened looks pretty cool but again, it will be extremely difficult to have it moving like how skin and muscles move.

CGI is the only way to create Hulk but animatronics could be used for some scenes when like we only see Hulk's hands or feet.
agreed.
Golem/Smegol proved that you can have a CG character that is almost lifelike, and while Norton/Hulk was not quite at that quality, it was still decent. As technology improves CG will only get better. I can't wait to see how good the next hulk looks.

Still I firmly believe that when you can make a character with costumes, and do it right, you should.

Agreed. I seem to recall that LL talked about an animatronics Hulk hand that they wanted to use for the scene where Hulk comes out of the street. However, I don't think they used it.

But to me what a man in suit could achieve is possibly give us a good metamorphosis in the style of the Howling and AWIL, wich no CGI Hulk have been able to convey.

Does anyone know why the '90s Hulk film was scrapped seeing as they spent quite a bit of money making an animatronic Hulk.

After seeing the Hulk from TIH...I think that's the best version. the scaling, the appearance, everything was fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"