Man Of Steel Soars @ Comic Con

Status
Not open for further replies.

Showtime

Your Friend In Time
Reaction score
Use this thread to discuss anything pre and post Man Of Steel @ Comic Con.
Warner Bros. Pictures will once again have a major presence at this year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego, including appearances by fan-favorite stars and filmmakers from some of the Studio’s most anticipated films. Comic-Con attendees will also be treated to never-before-seen footage, including some that will be shown nowhere else. Talent from the films will also be on hand to answer questions, sign autographs, and more.

The presentation also includes the DC Comics superhero who, inarguably, started it all. Superman will be back on the big screen next Summer in the much-anticipated action adventure “Man of Steel.” Filmmaker Zack Snyder, the director behind “300” and “Watchmen,” will be at Comic-Con and will take questions from the audience about the making of “Man of Steel,” which opens on June 14, 2013.

Well today is the day. I hope whatever is shown creates a great impression. WB needs it. Let's not repeat a GL at CC shall we?

For some reason though; I don't know why, but I really don't have a good feeling about today's presentation; Idk...maybe I'm just jaded by past comic cons, but I'm not expecting much from today's panel. I hope to be proven wrong.

For some reason though; I don't know why, but I really don't have a good feeling about today's presentation; Idk...maybe I'm just jaded by past comic cons, but I'm not expecting much from today's panel. I hope to be proven wrong.

Well yeah.

I mean, this is their first CBM panel since GL, and yeah, that didn't go that well. However, that was because that movie was horribly behind schedule with their CGI work and which is why it was still somewhat poor in the finished product.

It's a different case with MOS though as, if the rumors are true, Snyder and Co. are WAAAAAY ahead of schedule with this film, even as far as FX go.

So I expect them to make a very good showing today. Even if they end up just showing the teaser, which I doubt.

I'm sure they'll show a 5-8 minute reel.

I'm so damn excited! Please give us something big to chew on... PLEASE!

I'm hoping WB has a heart and releases the teaser online ahead of TDKR.

I really don't wanna have to watch a bootleg.

I was really hoping this too. Not just because I want to see it for the first time in good quality, but I genuinely don't want to see it in the cinema before I watch TDKR... because how could I possibly concentrate on TDKR after watching the first MOS teaser? :p

So I expect them to make a very good showing today. Even if they end up just showing the teaser, which I doubt.

That wouldn't be very exciting, at least I don't what the point is of reading a description and reactions to a teaser I will see next week before TDKR anyway. But as The Hobbit and Pacific Rim will both have footage especially for Comic-Con, I cannot imagine MOS not having it, even though it was not announced. The disappointment would be too big and it would backfire, as everyone including the media expects to see footage.

But Snyder was at an Art Center in L.A. this week and their blog stated that he ´´came directly from an editing suite where he and a crew are preparing a trailer of his next film, the Superman reboot Man of Steel, for this weekend’s Comic-Con``. So they will probably show an extended trailer, only for comic-con. And I don't care if it get's bootlegged or not, I'll be happy with descriptions and (hopefully) positive reactions.

I'm watching the bootleg. I've never minded watching CC bootlegs and always enjoyed watching them for what they are.

But I highly doubt we'll be getting the trailer before TDKR hits theaters.

I am guessing they show an extended version of the teaser but who knows. I think its going to be exciting to get the descriptions from some of my fellow webmasters who attended.

With all due respect Showtime can this thread be closed down where only mods can edit it till after the Man of Steel showing/pannel has concluded and then open it up to the posters. That way all the info can be on page one and we don't have to search through pages for everything.

Great idea to have this as its own thread. It's silly but I'm nervous for what we hear about today. We've spent so much time talking about this and hoping it turns out good that we're (or I am) emotionally invested.

Didnt somebody say this was going to be a Presentation of Artwork only?
I am sure that I read that somewhere .

Will the panel be streamed online? Or are we gonna have to rely on people's iPhone recordings?

With all due respect Showtime can this thread be closed down where only mods can edit it till after the Man of Steel showing/pannel has concluded and then open it up to the posters. That way all the info can be on page one and we don't have to search through pages for everything.

:dry: Horrible idea, IMO. Some of us also want to discuss the news in detail, while some would maybe rather not know any spoiler-ish things so they can stay out of this topic.

Didnt somebody say this was going to be a Presentation of Artwork only?
I am sure that I read that somewhere .

Legendary was/will supposedly show artwork from MOS and some other movies in their booth on a LG CINEMA 3D Smart TVs. I don't know if that will make it's way online.

:dry: Horrible idea, IMO. Some of us also want to discuss the news in detail, while some would maybe rather not know any spoiler-ish things so they can stay out of this topic.[/QUOTE
Well Said!

:dry: Horrible idea, IMO. Some of us also want to discuss the news in detail, while some would maybe rather not know any spoiler-ish things so they can stay out of this topic.
I am not saying don't discuses it I am saying close it so the information can all be on one page instead of spread out over 15 didn't pages and then open it for discussion. If people didn't want spoilers the mods would have opened a second forum for it. I am just saying have it all the info on one page much like the Batman forums do and then discussion after the info.

I am not saying don't discuses it I am saying close it so the information can all be on one page instead of spread out over 15 didn't pages and then open it for discussion.

Moderators can edit the first post and add information there if they so choose, there is no need to close the topic. :yay:

So, as it turns out....... Not getting into the panel today. Wasn't willing to camp out and it looks like that's what you needed to do. Really disappointed, but I just don't have the patience right now to deal with a 10,000 person line. I'd rather have some fun at the booths (and then just count on working on the campaign). I wish I could have given my impressions to you guys, but we'll have to hope that others can really fill us in.

Too bad .
I was unable to make it this year and I have a mild disabilty, So, usually I get a Disabilty Pass,
I could have bypassed the lines with that pass .
Just flash it and they open the door for you .
and, they are really nice about it too .

So, as it turns out....... Not getting into the panel today. Wasn't willing to camp out and it looks like that's what you needed to do. Really disappointed, but I just don't have the patience right now to deal with a 10,000 person line. I'd rather have some fun at the booths (and then just count on working on the campaign). I wish I could have given my impressions to you guys, but we'll have to hope that others can really fill us in.
Sorry to hear that. I'd probably do the same. The older I get the less patience I have with lines for such things.

Are there any other Hype regulars going, do we know?

Snyder's MoS teaser will have a loooot of sloooooow-mo glory shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"