Man of Steel vs. Pirates- who wins box office?

Sava said:
maybe they are aiming for a late 08 release, 3 years doesnt make sense but ... its Marvel, maybe they are taking it slow.

Maybe go for a big Christmas relaunch for Hulk ? I hope the director is Proyas and it looks like Bana may come back:up:

god i hate her :(

She aint to fond of you either sunshine:mad: :(

Erzengel said:
I'm definitelly looking forward to next year and see with so many "3rd" movies who can actually come up with the hat trick.
how many 3rd movies are there?.. i can ony think of 2

Spiderman 3
Shrek 3
Pirates of the Carribean 3
Bourne Ultimatum

hunter rider said:
Maybe go for a big Christmas relaunch for Hulk ? I hope the director is Proyas and it looks like Bana may come back:up:
i doubt it, maybe that guy who did Night Watch, or that British director who did Dog Soldiers and the Descent. THose 2 are the only ones been linked to TIH so far.

hunter rider said:
She aint to fond of you either sunshine:mad: :(
Good :mad:... she broke up the Sonny and Cher show

Sava said:
i doubt it, maybe that guy who did Night Watch, or that British director who did Dog Soldiers and the Descent. THose 2 are the only ones been linked to TIH so far.
oh.....ive never seen either of those:( i wpnder if Bana would wear a suit

Good :mad:... she broke up the Sonny and Cher show

But.....but.....I got you babe:(

hunter rider said:
oh.....ive never seen either of those:( i wpnder if Bana would wear a suit
i think they will let him, i doubt the new director would do what Ang did

hunter rider said:
But.....but.....I got you babe:(
dammit, i dont know any of their god damn songs :(

Those are excellent second weekend numbers.

That's a second weekend that's bigger than a ton of other stuff that's gotten released this summer. That's a bigger second weekend than the first weekend of Superman Returns, MI:3, Poseidon, some of the biggest and most expensive movies of the summer.

It's actually very possible Superman Returns could make $200 million. It just needs another $37 million. If it can hold on some during the weekdays and have a 4th weekend dropoff under 50% like this weekend, it's very possible it might just barely get over $200 million like Batman Begins did.

Erzengel said:
Okay I saw POTC 2 yesterday and I wasn't especially "wowed" by it. I think I went in with a very unbiased reaction but while it was a fun movie, it didn't do it for me.

did you bring proper lubricant? :)

TheVileOne said:
It's actually very possible Superman Returns could make $200 million. It just needs another $37 million. If it can hold on some during the weekdays and have a 4th weekend dropoff under 50% like this weekend, it's very possible it might just barely get over $200 million like Batman Begins did.

I dont knwo if I'm buying that $11.6 number, seems unusually high after a $3.2 on a Friday. Guess we'll find out when the hard numbers are released Monday afternoon

The Incredible Hulk said:
did you bring proper lubricant? :)

Well I wasn't expecting the equivalent of a sexual encounter more like a handy but all I got was a feel up over the bra. :down

i just said it... but i'll say it again:

pirates of the carribean 2 was nothing more than 2 and a half hours of nothing but set up for the 3rd movie... seriously... all set up, and no pay off.

Mr. Credible? Tell me JLBats was joking with that comment?

i don't know... he says he was, but i went back and looked at the thread, and it doesn't look like it... so, i don't know.

Mr. Credible said:
i just said it... but i'll say it again:

pirates of the carribean 2 was nothing more than 2 and a half hours of nothing but set up for the 3rd movie... seriously... all set up, and no pay off.

At least Pirates was entertaining to watch, unlike the boring eternity that was Superman Returns.

Star Wars Ep III 380m....POTC2 381m

PASSSSS!
pic5.jpg

Have you seen the MadTv sketch called the "Lillian Verner Gameshow". LOL, Carol Finnie

I think it will come close but won't surpass Spiderman.

Flexo is so terribly, terribly misguided. :(

"Well I tell ya, I like to roll nickles...and I have a windmill magnet collection, annnndd my daughters my best friend!".

hunter rider said:
He has tremendous tendon strength though:up:
You're telling me.

I once saw him snap a shell off of a turtle with his bare hands simply to prove it was neither a mutant nor a ninja.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"