• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marie Antoinette - the trailer

cool teaser.
 
It was good...in a weird, funny, freaky sort of way.
 
is this the only thread on this trailer? if so, someone else comment. if not, please point me to the thread with more than two posts. thanks.
 
Cool trailer... too bad we gotta see poor Kirsten get her head chopped off. :(
 
ma1.jpg


ma3.jpg


ma7.jpg
 
In many ways, when I think about it, I do feel bad for Marie Antoinette back then. It just got out of control for her..
 
she's executed by decapitation correct?
I dont remember too much about the French Revolution except "let them eat their cake" and le droits de le homme
 
The resemblance between Marie Antoinette and Kirsten Dunst isn't all that striking to me.Peculiar casting choice.Perhaps they were thinking of something along the lines of Claudia in Interview with the vampire ?
 
So another Coppola casts a family member as a lead.
 
Sophia Coppola is Francis Ford Copppla's daughter,Kirstin Dunst is the lead role in the film
 
Shuley said:
Sophia Coppola is Francis Ford Copppla's daughter,Kirstin Dunst is the lead role in the film


Psst Shuley,
I think Jack is talking about Jason Schwartzman being in it, he's Sophias cousin.;)
 
She's not even doing the generic aristocratic accent!! BOLLOCKS!!!
 
KenK said:
She's not even doing the generic aristocratic accent!! BOLLOCKS!!!


She's got a nice butt though.
 
ugh i hate films like these. theyre so gay! and to be honest with you guys some of those clothing designs are highly exaggerated. i hope this film doesnt get nominated for best set nor cloth design.
 
I like historical dramas, but I hate it when a director doesnt even try to make it accurate. Sophia Coppola knows that Marie Antoinette never said "Let them eat cake" but decided to put it in the movie anyway.
 
Darth Elektra said:
Cool trailer. I wonder whats happening in this picture.

My money is on eating a lot of cake.

GoldenAgeHero said:
ugh i hate films like these. theyre so gay! and to be honest with you guys some of those clothing designs are highly exaggerated. i hope this film doesnt get nominated for best set nor cloth design.

I absolutely love it. Period pieces with style, never bore me especially when they have a writer that can keep it following.

Demogoblin said:
I like historical dramas, but I hate it when a director doesnt even try to make it accurate. Sophia Coppola knows that Marie Antoinette never said "Let them eat cake" but decided to put it in the movie anyway.

One line will kill this film? One line she very well may not say? She said it was in, never who said it. You give Coppola far to little credit.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,709
Messages
21,790,380
Members
45,617
Latest member
BadlyDrawnKano
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"