Civil War Martin Freeman Cast as Everett Ross

MadVillainy

C'mon Son
Reaction score
Well now both Sherlock Holmes and James Watson are part of the MCU. Marvel announced today that Sherlock and The Hobbit star Martin Freeman has joined the bursting-at-the-seams cast of Captain America: Civil War. Directed by Captain America: The Winter Soldier helmers Joe and Anthony Russo, Civil War is technically a Captain America movie, but it’s becoming harder to believe it’s not actually The Avengers 2.5.
Marvel doesn’t specify what character Freeman is playing, but as of now the lineup for Civil War includes Chris Evans (Steve Rogers), Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark), Scarlett Johansson (Natasha Romanoff), Jeremy Renner (Clint Barton), Sebastian Stan (Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier), Anthony Mackie (Falcon), Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch), as well as Chadwick Boseman’s debut appearance as Black Panther, Daniel Bruhl as the villainous Baron von Zemo, and the new Spider-Man who has yet to be cast.
http://collider.com/captain-america-3-civil-war-adds-martin-freeman/
Who is he playing? What is he doing? Cumberbatch reunion later in Doctor Strange :o?

Very interesting. Probably a bureaucrat is my theory.

YEah that's what I see too Terry. I don't think he'll be a recurring character or a well known comic character

He's clearly going to be playing Spider-Man.

One of the suggestions I saw, though unlikely, is Norman Osborn, and I'd be cool with that.

It's obvious, he'll be playing Wong ;)

I really want him to be Norman Osborn but I love the actor and I really want to not be a one off character.

Osborn? Nah...No...Nein

I love Freeman. Love him as Watson, Loved him in Fargo. But he's not OSborne.

I say go for Kevin Bacon.

It'll be Baron Mordo so he can play against Cumberbatch again. :p

Yeah I could see him playing that. I was hoping for someone younger but I can see Freeman in that role

Part of me wants him to play a ridiculous character like Typeface from the Civil War comic.

1999902_everett_k_ross_took_my_pants_black_pant.jpg

Might be random but Moon Knight? Or do they not have the rights to that character??

Norman Osborn seems to be top choice I'm seeing and I actually have no problem with that.

Freeman as Osborn seems as odd and will leave me as skeptical as Eisenberg as Luthor

I've seen some people say Mar-vell to build up to the Captain Marvel movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"