Civil War Civil War Blu-ray/DVD Thread

Just purchased and am watching it right now. Hot damn do I love this movie.

I usually don't care about the cover of a blu-ray case, but I regret not getting the steelbook. Oh well.

:up:
I normally double dip on Films I LOVE. Since I don't have a 3D player or tv, I get a dvd copy, place THAT in the steelbook and the 3D disc in the dvd case for later use or if I meet someone who HAS the 3D stuff to view it lol

Just purchased and am watching it right now. Hot damn do I love this movie.
I'm at work at the moment, but I WAS up to just after the airport battle with the Commentary. I already watch the Gag reel, the featurettes, and deleted scenes.

So just like Winter Soldier, in order to get a Digital HD copy, it only comes with the 3D and Blu Ray and not just Blu Ray+Digital HD copy?

Well, alright. I'll get it anyway, but still.

Dude, that's been true for the last six MCU releases on Blu-ray (since Thor:TDW).

I'm at work at the moment, but I WAS up to just after the airport battle with the Commentary. I already watch the Gag reel, the featurettes, and deleted scenes.

I watched the two part featurettes and the movie, can't wait to watch the movie again with the commentary track.

Steelbook sold out in my area so I went with the Target exclusive. Really looking forward to the commentary track because the Russo's are a fun listen.

I watched the two part featurettes and the movie, can't wait to watch the movie again with the commentary track.
I'm loving the Commentary so far. They kind of hint at certain things like There's pictures of both Wanda and Peitro on her dresser, why they brought that up in the scene where she's in her room was kind of sudden.

Steelbook sold out in my area so I went with the Target exclusive. Really looking forward to the commentary track because the Russo's are a fun listen.
That happened to me with the Winter Soldier Steelbook. I've yet to look for a used one but ever since then, I've been on Best Buy's door step at opening on the release dates lol

Last edited:
Dude, that's been true for the last six MCU releases on Blu-ray (since Thor:TDW).

I don't keep track of how Marvel Studios releases their films. Heck, I only JUST got Winter Soldier recently and it's the only Phase 2 film that I own until I get Guardians later. If Marvel Studios has been doing this for all their films as of recent, then fine. Given that First Avenger had a Blu Ray+DVD+Digital copy, I figured the others in the series would follow suit.

Man, I really would like to know what the deal with Spider-man's absence from all this material is. He's not on any covers or anything. You'd think Sony would be all too happy to have their poster boy plastered all over the home video release especially since he was received so well. There's definitely some shady legal shenanigans going on behind the scenes.

Or maybe Sony just wants to promote the heck out of him for Homecoming since, as far as I can tell, Sony doesn't make a dime from his appearance in Civil War, but would in Homecoming since that's partially their responsibility.

Right, but if I'm Sony, I see Civil War as the perfect advertisement FOR Homecoming. Advertising is all about raising awareness, why not remind people "Hey everyone, SPIDERMAN was in this movie, you all loved him, and your gonna get more of him next year!" I don't see what Sony's benefit is by telling Feige "Do NOT put our poster boy on your home video release, we don't care how much people loved Tom Holland, we'll market him ourselves, thank you very much." that doesn't make business sense to me. They may not make a dime but its free advertising.

Last edited:
The general public will see a new Spider-Man film anyway, so whether he's in promotional material for Civil War or not, audiences showed up in droves for both the Raimi and Webb Spider-Man films, so they'd definitely show up for a new incarnation, more so when it's a Sony AND Marvel Studios production.

Word of mouth and the positive feedback both from the second trailer for Civil War and Spider-Man's appearance in the film, even if shoehorned, may be advertisement enough.

That's cool that you guys have it. I have to wait till Thursday to get my copy.

Yeah Doc, there are four people doing the Commentary this time around lol

The Digital code card
JlhoYD0.png

R8a75Xm.png

The information sleeve
gxkvvnl.png

I'm smacking myself for not pre-ordering The Steelbook. I pre-ordered before but last time with Ultron they had plenty and sold them for weeks after. I also saw that they dropped the price on the BvS Steelbook to $16.99 a few weeks after it came out. So I waited. But for CW I can't even order it and pick it up at a store since

We're sorry. This item is not available for pickup within 250 miles of [NYC]

:wall:

That sucks Talisman. yeah I've been there like I said.

Ordered my copies today from Best Buy so I'm not going to be getting them for over a week. I can be patient since this week is premiere week for network TV so I'll have enough to watch until they get here.

I just bought my copy. Going to do a marathon Monday.

Does the commentary give us any spoilers or insight into any of the characters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"