Iron Man Marvel crossover *Rumor*

I don't believe this for one second...

I mean considering what we know about both films storywise...it just doesn't make much sense...

But hey, i'm all for it if its true.

How so? What about the plots makes this unlikely?

Iron Man is an origin story, correct? With a majority of the film centering on Tony Stark being captured, creating the Mark I suit, then Mark III, etc. Fighting F-18s and eventually, Iron Monger.

Meanwhile...

The Incredible Hulk/Bruce Banner is spending his time escaping from the US Military while also trying to find a cure for his 'disease' eventually having a showdown with General Ross and Abomination.

With Hulk, Banner is already a known entity whereas Iron Man is new to the public.

Based on that basic stuff, I just don't see how exactly would both Banner and Stark cross paths without it seeming completely forced and unecessary...

Obviously both movies cannot be happening in the same time frame becasue Hulk is on the run and Stark is still trying to figure out his whole "hero" thing.

It just doesn't mesh for me, unless they meet in like a flashback sequence or something...

Just my opinion.

Iron Man is an origin story, correct? With a majority of the film centering on Tony Stark being captured, creating the Mark I suit, then Mark III, etc. Fighting F-18s and eventually, Iron Monger.

Meanwhile...

The Incredible Hulk/Bruce Banner is spending his time escaping from the US Military while also trying to find a cure for his 'disease' eventually having a showdown with General Ross and Abomination.

With Hulk, Banner is already a known entity whereas Iron Man is new to the public.

Based on that basic stuff, I just don't see how exactly would both Banner and Stark cross paths without it seeming completely forced and unecessary...

Obviously both movies cannot be happening in the same time frame becasue Hulk is on the run and Stark is still trying to figure out his whole "hero" thing.

It just doesn't mesh for me, unless they meet in like a flashback sequence or something...

Just my opinion.

Your opinion doesn't make much sense to me. So what if it is an origin story? Hulk rampaging on Tony's TV, Stark Industry weapons being used on the Jade giant... Nick Fury introducing himself to both, etc. These could all work. If it's true I doubt it's an entirely new scene forced into the films plots more of a cameo appearance. Like say.. Iron Man flying past Hulks final battle or something and saying "I don't have time for this" going to face his foe...or...something I don't know.

if it happens I doubt it would be "Hey Tony, my names Bruce, oh.. I see you're just getting used to the hero thing, guess I should go the military is trying to kill me! See yah!"

No one is seeing a Ultimates movie out of this? Iron Man, Hulk and Fury were the only preestablished characters in the first six issues.

Perhaps the Magneto movie will introduce Pietro and Wanda in time.

Tell me that doesn't sound like a multi-million dollar idea.

Only kink I see is if Thor gets a solo movie.

I think the gears are already in motion. I've had this feeling since a cryptic exchange between Bendis and Millar in Hollywood.

No one is seeing a Ultimates movie out of this? Iron Man, Hulk and Fury were the only preestablished characters in the first six issues.

I think the gears are already in motion. I've had this feeling since a cryptic exchange between Bendis and Millar in Hollywood.

Why must you taunt me with visions of awesomeness?

That would rock if there is a scene in Iron Man of him flying over the city where the Hulk is causing destruction from an aerial point of view. Then in TIH it's shot in reverse showing Iron Man flying overhead from a view from ground level.

Perfection. Love this idea.

Perfection. Love this idea.

I dont. Its too much. I want something more subtle. Actually having the Hulk in Iron Man's movie and Iron Man not doing anything to stop him removes some of the heroic aspect from Iron Man.

If true, it would be a scene in The Incredible Hulk. Filming on Iron Man wrapped up several months ago, whereas filming for Hulk is just starting to wind down.

If true, it would be a scene in The Incredible Hulk. Filming on Iron Man wrapped up several months ago, whereas filming for Hulk is just starting to wind down.

Iron Man is having re-shoots in March. And the filming could have already happened, very secretly.

That would rock if there is a scene in Iron Man of him flying over the city where the Hulk is causing destruction from an aerial point of view. Then in TIH it's shot in reverse showing Iron Man flying overhead from a view from ground level.
That would be excellent. And I'm sure general audiences would love that kind of trivia...

Imagine taking a friend to the movies, and your friend doesn't know anything about IM or Hulk... You watch Iron Man and at some point you tell him "You see that? that's the Hulk, from the movie next month"

It would be cool if it happens, I just hope it doesn't come across as forced if true.

Your opinion doesn't make much sense to me. So what if it is an origin story? Hulk rampaging on Tony's TV, Stark Industry weapons being used on the Jade giant... Nick Fury introducing himself to both, etc. These could all work.

The point i'm trying to make is that it just doesn't make sense to ME. How would Banner even have the time when according to TIH timeline, he's on the run? Unless the two movies timelines are different, then I can see it happening with say IM taking place months after the events of TIH, etc.

If it's true I doubt it's an entirely new scene forced into the films plots more of a cameo appearance. Like say.. Iron Man flying past Hulks final battle or something and saying "I don't have time for this" going to face his foe...or...something I don't know.

And you wouldn't find this as forced and unecessary? :whatever:

if it happens I doubt it would be "Hey Tony, my names Bruce, oh.. I see you're just getting used to the hero thing, guess I should go the military is trying to kill me! See yah!"

Okay but at the same time, you can't say that it wouldn't be that. It can go both ways, and I am imagining something like this happening.

Meanwhile...

Just my opinion.

I don't see any conflict there at all. Bruce just started his little adventure befoe Tony did. Not all superheroes started out at the same time.

The point i'm trying to make is that it just doesn't make sense to ME. How would Banner even have the time when according to TIH timeline, he's on the run? Unless the two movies timelines are different, then I can see it happening with say IM taking place months after the events of TIH, etc.

And you wouldn't find this as forced and unecessary? :whatever:

Okay but at the same time, you can't say that it wouldn't be that. It can go both ways, and I am imagining something like this happening.

Nomore forced and unecessary as anyother movie who's characters come together, for example Superman returning from a five year absence at the same exact time that Luthor is discovering his fortress of solitude. Or Parker becoming Spider-man at the same time Norman becoming Goblin.

It can fit into the timeline perfectly, Hulk and Abomination causing destruction in New York isn't going to catch the eye of Tony Stark??

See, I want it all. On the one hand, I want my old favs the AVENGERS brought to the big screen in all their 616 glory.

On the other, an Ultimates movie would kick the ass of Jesus!

How bout during the Hulk fight have two f-18's chasing a red a gold streak across the sky. And then in the iron man have someone mention "we gotta get a handle on this iron man character, we dont want another incident like what we had with the hulk in new york" easy peasy

Right now, I think anything would do, and would be a great step in the right direction... even the smallest thing, like a TV showing the Hulk in the background for 2 seconds

this would be awesome but its to hard to put together. whenever hulk is rampaging in NYC where is ironman that time....and hulk have to be mention alot of times in ironman cuz hes destroying NYC or ironman would be metion in incredible hulk movie. and how come ironman fought ironmonger first is he more destructive than what hulk is doin if they were in the same NYC.
and if hulk would be shown in the tv in ironman movie. how come ironman didnt try to stop him in the first place.

did that make sense guys. sorry its really hard for me to explain.

Iron Man is set in L.A., not NYC, so that's easy to explain why the Iron Man/ Iron Monger and Hulk/Abomination fights didn't cross each other's paths. I still say Fury is the best way to tie these two together. Monitoring superhuman activity IS his and SHIELD's job, after all.

I could see Stark (not Iron Man) showing up in TIH, but not the other way around. As someone said, the timing doesn't line up to have Iron Man and Hulk. It would be great to see Stark in TIH, a nice little foreshadow to future events.

the fact that Hulk's origin is tied to the SSS is good enough for me

I would be all for something like Stark and Norton meeting through Fury in a lab or something subtle like that.It would really make sense if it was last minute too.No need for costumes or effects,just getting the 2 actors together.

I like this idea. Three easily recognizable Marvel characters (not so much Fury...and I guess not so much any of them without the costumes but still). This idea what fit perfectly within both movies I'm sure.:im::heart::bh:

I think this is an excellent idea, it combines the universes of the films and would just be really cool to see the same scene in both films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"