Marvel/Del Ray Pact? Anime/Manga????

Del Rey Manga, Anime Selects Plan for NYAF
posted on 2007-12-04 10:53 EST
Del Rey hosts panels with Faust, Marvel; Comcast auditions Tokyo reporter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Del Rey Manga will be hosting an industry panel, a spotlight on the editor of Japan's Faust magazine, and a joint announcement with Marvel Comics at this week's New York Anime Festival (NYAF). Dallas Middaugh (Associate Publisher), Mutsumi Miyazaki (Director of Licensing & Acquisitions), Tricia Narwani (Editorial Associate), Ali T. Kokmen (Marketing Manager), and April Flores (Publicity) will host the company's industry panel with new manga announcements on Friday, December 7. On Saturday, December 8, Middaugh and Miyazaki will host a spotlight on Katsushi Ota, the editor of Kodansha's Faust literary anthology magazine. Del Rey announced at October's MangaNEXT convention that it will publish selections from the magazine. Finally, Del Rey will co-host a panel with Marvel Comics on Sunday, December 9, and it promises that the two companies will make "a special announcement."

Anime Selects, the free anime Video on Demand service of the Comcast cable television company, is holding on-site auditions for Tokyo Reporter 2008 at the convention. Anime Selects sent its first Tokyo Reporter, Tasayu Tasnaphun, to Japan earlier this year to report on life in Japan's biggest city and the Tokyo International Anime Fair. Candidates for next year's Tokyo Reporter position can do an audition at the Anime Selects booth at NYAF or upload a video at the Tokyo Reporter website.

more about it.

Whatever, so long as the manga doesn't mess with any good comics.

I'm sure that stuff will be at arm's length at all times. :up:

I wonder if Marvel is going to just distrubute books that Del Ray Manga publishes or if there's going to be some Marvel manga books coming out as a result of this deal.

Does Del Ray actually create mangas? I was under the impression that they themselves were just the North American distributors for a lot of existing Japanese mangas.

That's what I figured as well. Maybe Marvel's going to...redestribute them...or something. I don't know. Maybe Del Ray's going to start making original mangas based on Marvel's characters.

Oh God, that would suck. :(

I'd be mad. Then sad. Then probably indifferent once I start ignoring it.

What if they make you start having to read it? Like, it becomes a part of the regular continuity. You'll buy Immortal Iron Fist #16 and it'll be continued in Go-Go Fists of Iron Moon Volume 4. What then?

I'm sure that stuff will be at arm's length at all times. :up:
I prefer just a few feet away from the barrel. :o
That's what I figured as well. Maybe Marvel's going to...redestribute them...or something. I don't know. Maybe Del Ray's going to start making original mangas based on Marvel's characters.

Oh God, that would suck. :(

Marvel Mangaverse: Round Two?

What if they make you start having to read it? Like, it becomes a part of the regular continuity. You'll buy Immortal Iron Fist #16 and it'll be continued in Go-Go Fists of Iron Moon Volume 4. What then?

His attack would be: Shadow of the Light!! Iron Fist of the Heart's Vengeance...soul...trapper...flannel!!!

And he'd have to say it every. single. time. Oh, and it would be followed up by three pages of it charging up.

And you just KNOW Orson will be revealed to be his long lost ancestor, turned corrupt eventually, and will be "fixed" after Rand gives this childish speech about love and family, where he'll sacrifice himself needlessly. :(

He he he.

I would find whoever decided to call it "Go-Go Fists of the Iron Moon" and create my very own murder/suicide crime scene. :o

No one should have to see Iron Fist go out like that, man. It just ain't right. :(

I know a lot of acne ridden teens in raver pants that would disagree. Well, I don't personally know them, but you get the idea.

Yeah, I saw. Neither sounds interesting to me at all, but if it gets more people reading Marvel's other comics, more power to 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"