Official Rulk Thread

Hmm, maybe the Incredible Hulk series might have a chance of selling better than Hulk after McGuinness leaves. I can almost allow myself to hope.

Of course, they'll probably assign Steve McNiven after McGuinness leaves and we'll be in the same situation.

Has Loeb ever been paired with an average selling writer? Doesn't seem right that he gets the treatment that he does.

You mean McGuinness? He seems to work a lot with Loeb.

Still cant believe it hasnt been revealed who it is yet, I have a feeling it may be Betty Ross though, I know this sounds crazy, but remember when She Hulk knees him in the balls and says "Thats gotta hurt!" Rulk just turns around and says "Not so much." Which leads me to believe he may not have male genitalia.

Not to mention if Rulk is a woman, she's been running around flashing her extremely masculine boobage this whole time.

I don't know what people are complaining about, I think McGuiness is a great Hulk artist, it had weight and power to it. That's what a Hulk book needs.

See.:bh:!

Who's complaining about McGuiness? They're complaining about Loeb and the fact that he's never worked with a crappy to average artist, which might explain why this atrocity of a book manages to sell so well.

Larroca's style has deteriorated to the point that it's painful for me to look at his art now.

Larroca suffers from a bad case of "I'm experimenting with my art, and it's just not working." I'd never seen art that made me think "maybe this dude should regress by about 5-10 years in his art style" 'til I saw Larroca draw Brubaker's second arc on Uncanny X-Men.

I haven't been keeping up with the series or this post, but has anyone guess that Rulk could be the Red King from Planet Hulk?
First, we all know that death means nothing in comics, so forget about that. Next, it would makes sense that The Red King would take the image of the one creature that defeated him, a form of humiliation for Hulk.
Time travel obviously plays into this story as shown by Samson suddenly going from a crew cut to having long hair in the first 6 issues, which Loeb has said takes place within a week. So when Rulk says he's waited years to get back at Hulk, it doesn't really matter.
Loeb's also gone on record as saying that people compare Rulk to Hulk, so if you forget your ideas of who Hulk is, maybe the Rulk you've seen is the only version of him there is (in that, he doesn't revert to an alter ego like Banner). Blowing smoke? Has this theory already been shot down? Anyone..?

I know time isn't exactly reliable in comics, but it seems like Rulk was around on Earth at the same time as the Red King was revealed to still be alive on Sakaar.

Time travel obviously plays into this story as shown by Samson suddenly going from a crew cut to having long hair in the first 6 issues,

Incredible Hulk #600 reveals that Doc S has his own split personality - the good "Leonard," with the short hair, and evil "Samson," with long hair and some kickin' mutton-chops. :wolverine No time travel is involved. And yes, it is stupid.

Not sure if I've done this yet, but just to throw a Hulk-related name out there: Glenn Talbot.

Not sure if I've done this yet, but just to throw a Hulk-related name out there: Glenn Talbot.

He seems to be the only one left who would make any sense whatsoever. I however suspect that it's going to be Hank Hall

Nobody does....nobody.

I read #14, it wasn't an improvement IMO. The big fight next month might be good, we'll see.

I had a feeling that nobody did. But I had to ask, just to check up.

I think Loeb knows that he'd lose about 90% of his readers if he ever revealed who Big Red was.

He's already lost this audience. I just want to hear the character destroying moment where he ruins yet another by making them Red Hulk.

He's already ruined Rick Jones and Leonard Samson, for no other reason than to make them suspects for an issue or two. :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"