Official Rulk Thread

Mr. Green

Where the Wild Hulks Are
Reaction score
For those of you who totally ignored all Hulk related events for the last month or two, Hulk is a new ongoing coming out in January featuring a red Hulk. It will be written by Jeph Loeb with pencils from Ed McGuiness. Apparantly Greg Pak has at least some say in what happens.

Jeph Loeb explains more in this interview.

So who is this new red Hulk? Banner? Rick Jones? Someone else? And will Jeph Loeb do a good job or will this just be another Ultimates 3?
hulk1.jpg

I really want to read this! I always thought it was banner!

loeb won't do a good job. the guy sucks now.

.....but given the fact its hulk a book, which you don't need that good of story to tell, loeb will be probably be good at this.

lolz, GAH totally just pwned all Hulk stories ever and Loeb in one sentence. I'm almost on the verge of liking him. :D

But still not there. :o

Anyway, I'll be passing on the red Hulk. It's pretty gimmicky and, frankly, the prospect of a Hulk who isn't Bruce Banner holds no appeal for me. I'll be happily enjoying The Incredible Hercules instead. :)

loeb won't do a good job. the guy sucks now.
I was thinking the same things the second I realized he hasn't come out with anything that hasn't sucked in a long time.
.....but given the fact its hulk a book, which you don't need that good of story to tell, loeb will be probably be good at this.
So if he doesn't tell a good story, how will it be good? :huh:

I personally think this Red Hulk will be Banner.
I think I read a short interview in the back of a comic where Loeb mentioned Banner by name when talking about the new Hulk story. I'm not 100% positive that's what he meant though.

On the one hand, it would suck if the red Hulk wasn't Banner. On the other hand, at least if this isn't the actual Bruce Banner/Hulk that we all know and love, Loeb can screw him up all he wants and it doesn't really matter.

Doesn't anyone else remember seeing the inside of Banner's holding tank glowing red at the end of WWH?

Of course it's frickin' Bruce Banner.

Doesn't anyone else remember seeing the inside of Banner's holding tank glowing red at the end of WWH?

Hmm, if Loeb can overcome his inherent craptastitude, it may actually be worth reading then. If it turns out it is Banner, I may pick up a couple issues to see.

I actually didn't notice it that at all. When I first read that I didn't think twice about it. I figured it was just a way to transition to the Sakaar scene or something.

Good call, Xofenroht. :word:

On one hand, I'm happy that it's probably Banner, but on the other, it kind of makes Marvel look like a bunch of *****ebags for promoting it with this whole mystery over the red Hulk's identity just to have it be Banner again.

Yeah, no kidding! The only reasons I thought it wasn't Banner were a.) that stupid teaser pic in the first post and b.) I thought Pak would be the only person to continue Banner's story after WWH.

Damn you, Marvel! :cmad:

Will probably check it out, but will DEFINITELY drop it like a (red) hot potato if it's anyone other than Banner....

Just not interested, otherwise. :bh:

My theory is that Banner's body responded to that blast the same way it did to the Gamma Ray Bombardment.

What did they use to explain how Banner survived the original blast again (the one that turned him into the Hulk)?

It would explain why the Hulk is red now, instead of green. He could be completely drained of the gamma radiation and instead now under the influence of whatever that red beam is composed of.

On one hand, I'm happy that it's probably Banner, but on the other, it kind of makes Marvel look like a bunch of *****ebags for promoting it with this whole mystery over the red Hulk's identity just to have it be Banner again.

That would be very Bendis-esque.

My theory is that Banner's body responded to that blast the same way it did to the Gamma Ray Bombardment.

What did they use to explain how Banner survived the original blast again (the one that turned him into the Hulk)?

It would explain why the Hulk is red now, instead of green. He could be completely drained of the gamma radiation and instead now under the influence of whatever that red beam is composed of.

That's not a bad theory to tell the truth. However, I dunno if his body can absorb anything OTHER than Gamma radiation.

Well, no one knew his body could even absorb Gamma Radiation until this grey hulking monster started smashing **** up wearing his clothes.

His body absorbed the energy of the warp core explosion pretty well back on Sakaar. Hence WWH's Hulk being "the strongest Hulk ever," according to Pak.

For those of you who totally ignored all Hulk related events for the last month or two, Hulk is a new ongoing coming out in January featuring a red Hulk. It will be written by Jeph Loeb with pencils from Ed McGuiness. Apparantly Greg Pak has at least some say in what happens.

Jeph Loeb explains more in this interview.

So who is this new red Hulk? Banner? Rick Jones? Someone else? And will Jeph Loeb do a good job or will this just be another Ultimates 3?

I doubt it's Rick Jones seeing as how he was killed at the end of WWH. Unless I missed something :huh:

I was thinking the same things the second I realized he hasn't come out with anything that hasn't sucked in a long time.

What about the Fallen Son miniseries?

I doubt it's Rick Jones seeing as how he was killed at the end of WWH. Unless I missed something :huh:
Eh, he just took a spear to the gut. People have survived worse, especially in comics. Hell, Batwoman got better after being stabbed in the heart.

If Rick Jones had actually died, I'm sure they would have had some kind of memorial for him. It's not as if he isn't a big deal. (He'd definitely whoop Jimmy Olsen's ass).

Even with Jimmy's powers?

Actually, I always equated Rick Jones more to Snapper Carr than Jimmy Olsen. I guess either comparison works, though.

What are Jimmy's powers again? I stopped picking up Countdown.

He doesn't have set powers, as far as I recall. Different, apparently random powers just show up whenever he's in serious danger. I stopped picking up Countdown a month or two ago myself, though, so they may have stabilized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"