Marvel films release dates announced....by marvel.

Alex The Great

Avenger
Reaction score
Marvel Studios Sets Four More Release Dates!
Source: Marvel Entertainment

Marvel Entertainment released their first quarter report to its shareholders this morning to coincide with the announcement about the success this past weekend of Marvel Studios' first production Iron Man, which grossed an estimated $104.2 million domestically and over $201 million worldwide. The announcement included an update of Marvel Studios' feature film slate with the already-rumored Iron Man 2 announced for a release on April 30, 2010, followed by three more movies for the summers of '10 and '11. Matthew Vaughn's Thor is set for a release on June 4, 2010, and The First Avenger: Captain America (the working title) will kick off the summer of 2011 on May 6, followed by the highly-anticipated and foreshadowed The Avengers scheduled for July 2011. (Edgar Wright's Ant-Man is also listed as being in development with no release date set.)

In a conference call this morning, Marvel Studios' David Maisel said that Iron Man 2 will be used to introduce Thor. Regarding more "Hulk" movies, Maisel said "We definitely plan on continuing." He added that development continues on Spider-Man 4. "I can't give any other updates other than to say it's in development and everybody's excited about 'Spider-Man 4,'" he said.

With that in mind, one can start expecting a lot more announcements in the coming months about creative teams and casting for those movies including who might direct the Captain America and Avengers movies. (Whomever plays Steve Rogers AKA Captain America presumably will be making two movies at once.)

heh. thought SM4 was dead. Captain Amercia, nice to hear news on that....bla bla bla...IM2...cool. Ant-Man...eh....so that's it kids. read....

Let's get those movie forums goin!

So Spider-Man is given a go too eh? I wonder if all the cast will come back or will they just get a whole new cast? Not to excited for the Hulk movies, but hey who knows maybe I'll enjoy this new Hulk movie. Maybe they'll get this one done right. I'm really glad about Iron Man 2 I can't wait for that film. Intresting how it will introduce Thor.

Good couple years ahead for fans. Hope they keep or better the quality of Iron Man, then noone (except DC/Warner :oldrazz:) will lose!!!

All I want to know really from SM4 is if Sam is in or out. Any other plot based knowledge, etc. I can wait on. I just want to know if Sam will be back as director (I hope so personally).

Good couple years ahead for fans. Hope they keep or better the quality of Iron Man, then noone (except DC/Warner :oldrazz:) will lose!!!

D.C/Warner is loosing already, these movies will make millions. Iron Man has already done that. They only have Batman and Superman when those films are all done what will they do?

I hope the whole IM2 won't be just a bridge to Thor. :csad:

Yeah, that way it would just become a "product", and lose what it should be: A DAMN MOVIE.

i'm hoping thor just has a small cameo at the end or after the credits.
also if war machine is introduced in iron man 2 people will wonder why he isnt in the avengers movie. im hoping iron man 2 will basically be about a showdown with mandarin and another possible villain .

also there has been no casting yet but we have release dates? who nelly.

I want to see armor wars with maybe Crimson Dynamo and some other armored villain... War Machine would make sense there... Mandarin seen but largely kept in the background and a major player in Avengers.

We'll probably get the same amount of Thor in the IM2 movie as we got of Nick Fury in IM.

I'd be over the moon if all we get is a glimpse of his hammer (and/or helmet) while he takes note of events on earth. This at the end of the movie.

Plus, the Thor film (coming after IM2) will be a Thor origin, so it's definitely not going to be a bridge to Thor.....
That's if they use the current $300mil script :cwink:

Hope they do this!!!

i'm hoping thor just has a small cameo at the end or after the credits.
also if war machine is introduced in iron man 2 people will wonder why he isnt in the avengers movie. im hoping iron man 2 will basically be about a showdown with mandarin and another possible villain .

also there has been no casting yet but we have release dates? who nelly.

Yah I'm hoping its about Iron Man V.S Mandarin too and of course the whole Rings plot. But yah as said in other threads its most likely a cameo LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"