New to Marvel/Avengers

Aesop Rocks

Now I'm Free.
Reaction score
While I am currently finding myself coming back into comics, I have really only read single arcs like Captain America and Iron Man, seeing how they're the only two that really appeal to me and my personal tastes (that and I love what they're doing with Captain America). I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to the Marvel U, I know about a few more characters and things.

Which leads me to my question. Being new and getting myself stoked up for the new Avengers film that will be coming out, can you suggest me any good Avenger reads? I read New Avengers a bit back. With Cap, Wolverine, Ms. Marvel (Or is it Spider-Woman?), Spider-Man, Iron Man and, Luke Cage and that was a really fine read. I understand they've brought it back after Civil War and Secret Invasion with Dark Avengers and New Avengers but as much as I love Bucky as Cap, he just doesn't seem like a leader.

Can/will you guys suggest good arcs or one shots, anything to read, Avengers related.

Anything from the 90s-early 00s Kurt Busiek run is gold. In particular, check out "The Kang War", a long arc, but an epic, and featuring probably the largest long-lasting roster in Avengers history.

I recomend getting the avengers essentials aswell for current reads i recomend new,mighty and dark avengers.

any avengers story with wonderman i always liked!!!

i liked the morgan le fay story with yeoman america et al..

Ah yes, with every Avenger up to that point making an appearance. Also where Justice and Firestar joined.

The rise, fall, and redemption of Hank Pym.

Start here.

Avengers211.jpg

End here.

Egghead.jpg

Includes the infamous "slap" heard round the world.

:cap: :thor: :stark:

Anyone remember when marvel had the old Classic Avengers storylines reprinted and they only had 12 issues, is there a trade that I can buy that continues the issues or would I have to track down each comic seperately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"