Ms. Marvel Marvel Studios' Ms. Marvel General Discussion Thread

Mephisto confirmed

f3b3d36030b138ddca8d6936fbefddb89c30d78b.jpg
That screenshot looks like one of the comedy jokes from Disney Channel.

That trailer was really…meh

Comes off looking more like a kiddy Disney Channel series than the MCU shows we’ve gotten. Probably gonna skip it until I hear some reactions or if there’s any worthwhile cameos

Here's to hoping this show actually surprises a lot of people and ends being better than it actually looks because I do think it has potential to introduce a new character within the MCU a really cool way.

At least her powers look cool on a visual level, but I have to agree with those who have said that it does look cheaper and less cinematic than the Disney Plus MCU shows we have gotten so far.

I'll definitely watch it though and I'm always down for Marvel to do different stuff, but I can't help but remember that they also tried to do something really different with Eternals and I wasn't a fan of that at all.

I thought the trailer was ok at best. The beginning with the effects and the song was actually nice but then it quickly dissolved into a very plain thing.

I really liked the poster though.

Not particularly impressed with the trailer but I'm still hopeful and will reserve judgement when the show actually airs. Gotta admit though, kinda think Ms. Marvel should've been a movie. I know she'll be in Captain Marvel 2 but would've liked Kamala getting the full spotlight in a big budget feature.

Not particularly impressed with the trailer but I'm still hopeful and will reserve judgement when the show actually airs. Gotta admit though, kinda think Ms. Marvel should've been a movie. I know she'll be in Captain Marvel 2 but would've liked Kamala getting the full spotlight in a big budget feature.
I think a series would've been better to give her more screentime and allow for some more development and exploration of her personal life besides becoming a superhero, if not for the fact that I think her change in powerset is in large part because they couldn't make it look good on a D+ budget + length. I would have preferred a movie that maybe didn't get as much time to explore every aspect of her if it had gotten us the comic powers.

I think a series would've been better to give her more screentime and allow for some more development and exploration of her personal life besides becoming a superhero, if not for the fact that I think her change in powerset is in large part because they couldn't make it look good on a D+ budget + length. I would have preferred a movie that maybe didn't get as much time to explore every aspect of her if it had gotten us the comic powers.

Although the budget could be a reason for the change of power, I don't think it would be the only reason.

I suspect they want Khamala to have more similar powers to Carol and Monica, since they will be The Marvels.

Watched the New Rockstars breakdown of the trailer, and Erik pointed out that at a couple of points when she’s using her powers, you can actually see her limbs stretching inside the constructs. The dimension she falls into in that one shot at that convention also kind of looks like a mix of the same kind of energy that gave Carol/Monica their powers and the Quantum Realm from the Ant-Man films.

I wonder if they’re doing some sort of midway thing where the bands give her the power to not only project energy constructs but the also allow her to channel the energy directly from that realm into constructs to manipulate the length and size of her limbs and other parts of her body at will. Kind of like Ant-Man with the Pym Particles, only just able to “embiggen” each individual limb and no needing to worry about running out of juice.

If that’s the case, it’s slightly assuaged my fears a bit. Perhaps we’ll see this expanded on in The Marvels.

So Brie is kinda confirming, that it’s her at the end

Watched the New Rockstars breakdown of the trailer, and Erik pointed out that at a couple of points when she’s using her powers, you can actually see her limbs stretching inside the constructs. The dimension she falls into in that one shot at that convention also kind of looks like a mix of the same kind of energy that gave Carol/Monica their powers and the Quantum Realm from the Ant-Man films.

I wonder if they’re doing some sort of midway thing where the bands give her the power to not only project energy constructs but the also allow her to channel the energy directly from that realm into constructs to manipulate the length and size of her limbs and other parts of her body at will. Kind of like Ant-Man with the Pym Particles, only just able to “embiggen” each individual limb and no needing to worry about running out of juice.

If that’s the case, it’s slightly assuaged my fears a bit. Perhaps we’ll see this expanded on in The Marvels.
I do think it makes sense that it could be the MCU version of something like the Quantum Bands (which can create energy constructs in the comics and draw energy from the Quantum Zone, which I could see being merged into the Quantum Realm for the MCU) or the Nega-Bands which are Kree-made and typically associated with the Marvels (but get their power from the Negative Zone). I think the Nega-Bands aren't really needed elsewhere for the MCU, but I do hope we'll see Quasar get the Quantum Bands eventually.

Hopefully you're right about the stretching limbs. If that is at least a part of her powers supplemented with other stuff it may not be as bad. Though I definitely would've hoped that'd be the focus (like when she closed the door with her powers it would have been nice if she used her arm for that instead of just a force projection). I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I don't think Ms Marvel's limbs stretch inside her constructs. After all, we can see that her hand doesn't become bigger when she creates the construct of a big hand.

It's more likely that she could stretch her constructs. Then, this could reference her comic powers (she creates constructs of big hands or long legs), but her limbs won't changes.

I do think it makes sense that it could be the MCU version of something like the Quantum Bands (which can create energy constructs in the comics and draw energy from the Quantum Zone, which I could see being merged into the Quantum Realm for the MCU) or the Nega-Bands which are Kree-made and typically associated with the Marvels (but get their power from the Negative Zone). I think the Nega-Bands aren't really needed elsewhere for the MCU, but I do hope we'll see Quasar get the Quantum Bands eventually.

I'm thinking Kamala IS MCU Quasar, a mish mash character in the manner of Whiplash or the Mandarin. She seems a lot like Kamala from the comics, but wielding a weapon that in the MCU has the light construct powers of the Quantum bands but the Kree origin of the Nega bands.

I'm thinking Kamala IS MCU Quasar, a mish mash character in the manner of Whiplash or the Mandarin. She seems a lot like Kamala from the comics, but wielding a weapon that in the MCU has the light construct powers of the Quantum bands but the Kree origin of the Nega bands.
Okay what I'm about to say is 100% total cope and there's no way it'll happen because they won't set up and get us used to Kamala's powers like this only to take them away after her first appearance. But... what if there's some arc or storyline where Kamala has to learn the "if you're nothing without the suit band, then you shouldn't have it" lesson and by the end she has to return it to the rightful owner (Wendell or Phyla or Avril or Noh-Varr or someone like that who we'll then see use ), but during some heroic act without the powers she gets exposed to something that gives her her comic accurate powers..

Yeah, there's no chance. I can't see them make that flow well in the story. One can dream though...

Looks cute, definitely skewing towards younger girls which makes sense. I just wish it was a little more original now that weve seen this whole notebook-drawing effects in a number of things recently, but kids arent as hung up on originality as we are.

Still dont like the power change tho. Whos going to feel isolated and alienated from those powers? Theyre beautiful. That could be her go to party trick and people would love it, as opposed to being kinda grossed out by her comic powers

Okay what I'm about to say is 100% total cope and there's no way it'll happen because they won't set up and get us used to Kamala's powers like this only to take them away after her first appearance. But... what if there's some arc or storyline where Kamala has to learn the "if you're nothing without the suit band, then you shouldn't have it" lesson and by the end she has to return it to the rightful owner (Wendell or Phyla or Avril or Noh-Varr or someone like that who we'll then see use ), but during some heroic act without the powers she gets exposed to something that gives her her comic accurate powers..

Yeah, there's no chance. I can't see them make that flow well in the story. One can dream though...

Or, as someone else pointed out, the exposure to the bands alters her DNA to the extent that she develops comic accurate powers without needing to rely on the Nega bands. This would allow for a more authentic Kamala while opening the door for Quasar in the MCU. Best of both worlds.

How cool would it have been if Marvel had developed a brand new female Muslim superhero to assume the Captain Marvel mantle and had made this new hero Kamala's idol instead of Carol? Danvers could have changed her identity to Warbird or Binary, opening the door for a new Muslim Captain Marvel in the MCU.

Having a Muslim superhero be Kamala's idol would have been a very progressive idea. If they're going to change the basic essence of the Ms. Marvel character anyway, they may as well be more subversive about it...

In this image of the trailer, it seems that her hand really becomes bigger. It's just covered in her "crystal power".

FOENvEHVEAQkBOy

Honestly, I doubt they will change this power for a more accurate comic version. After all, Ms Marvel powers in the series are more convenient for the creators:

-It's easier and cheaper to create the special effects for this power. And stretch power could look pretty bad in live action.

-It makes her powers similar to Carol and Monica, which is convenient as they will be The Marvels.

In this image of the trailer, it seems that her hand really becomes bigger. It's just covered in her "crystal power".

FOENvEHVEAQkBOy

Honestly, I doubt they will change this power for a more accurate comic version. After all, Ms Marvel powers in the series are more convenient for the creators:

-It's easier and cheaper to create the special effects for this power. And stretch power could look pretty bad in live action.

-It makes her powers similar to Carol and Monica, which is convenient as they will be The Marvels.

One of the guys from pReviwe'd channel also said the live action stretch effects have not looked good so far (F4 films and Elongated Man on The Flash), so this would allow them to hide it in a way. I'm liking this approach even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"