She-Hulk Marvel Studios' She-Hulk General Discussion Thread

Show was an admitted mixed bag for me but it's like the Venom movies where I will kind of love it. Quality is all over the place but Tatiana and some of the stuff they did with She-Hulk really won me over big time.

Man, if you don't like the 4th wall stuff, maybe this show just wasn't for you

No harm in not watching every piece of content

Well, the problem is that's it's pretty strongly integrated part of the overall MCU narrative. And I really did enjoy the connections...I loved finding out what Professor Hulk is actually doing with his life after Endgame and how he healed his arm and why he was in his human form again, I loved finding out about what's going on with Wong and Abomination, I loved catching up with Daredevil and seeing him interact with another lawyer superhero, I loved that they introduced the Intelligencia which could potentially set up the return of the Leader, I loved that Hulk's life on Sakaar had lasting consequences...that kind of continuity stuff is my jam.

I get why some might think the whole 4th wall breaking is problematic or at least it violates dramatic storytelling rules. But if She-Hulk (and Deadpool) can have fun in their own little corner without tampering with the rest of the MCU, then I'm cool with it. This was a lot of fun.

Truly didn't think the Devil from Hell's Kitchen would be showing up again this week.

I get why some might think the whole 4th wall breaking is problematic or at least it violates dramatic storytelling rules. But if She-Hulk (and Deadpool) can have fun in their own little corner without tampering with the rest of the MCU, then I'm cool with it. This was a lot of fun.
It’s from the comics. I think they approached it just right

It’s from the comics. I think they approached it just right
I agree they approached it the right way. Specially at this stage in the MCU. But not everything that works in the comics works in cinema/television. Different art forms with different languages. I understand why it might not work for everyone.

All of this works for Jen and to an extent Emil, but I’d rather not have the whole Hulk mythos turned into satire.
Yeah, I love this, but She-Hulk and Hulk are two different things. Hulk having some fun while hanging with Jen is different then having the Hulk stuff proper being similar.

I guess that's just the downside of "It's all connected". It's not like Breaking Bad is in the same universe as, like, Saved by the Bell. But here we are expected to take a show like Daredevil seriously while at the same time knowing that he canonically gets it on with someone who is basically a live action Freakazoid character.
This sounds amazing! :D

Yeah, I love this, but She-Hulk and Hulk are two different things. Hulk having some fun while hanging with Jen is different then having the Hulk stuff proper being similar.
Yeah, and they’ve been smart enough so far that even their use of Emil is still on brand for that character. But it’s not something that applies to all of the characters.

Definitely bring back Betty.

Just not in this show :oldrazz:

All of this works for Jen and to an extent Emil, but I’d rather not have the whole Hulk mythos turned into satire.
I'm excited for Hulk blood getting out and for further Hulk derivatives out in the MCU, but much of that will need to take place outside of the She-Hulk show. Also when She-Hulk appears in other MCU projects I'm not expecting much if any 4th wall stuff.

I guess that's just the downside of "It's all connected". It's not like Breaking Bad is in the same universe as, like, Saved by the Bell. But here we are expected to take a show like Daredevil seriously while at the same time knowing that he canonically gets it on with someone who is basically a live action Freakazoid character.
What do you mean, "take seriously"? This is entertainment. It's suppose to invoke feelings of course, but none of this is "serious business". Though I guess considering She-Hulk's commentary on sexism, misogyny, and the man-o-sphere, it's probably more serious business then anything in Marvel outside of Black Panther and TWS.

Still can't bring myself to watch the entirety of this. Just...oof. Ended up skipping through it to the KEVIN part out of morbid curiosity. I wonder if it will be possible to make a fan edit that cuts all the 4th wall stuff out and still has a coherent story...it would also require cutting out everything that was retconned from the "revised" ending...gonna have to review the previous episodes and see what can be done.
This episode really wouldn't be very long without the 4th wall stuff.

I'm excited for Hulk blood getting out and for further Hulk derivatives out in the MCU, but much of that will need to take place outside of the She-Hulk show. Also when She-Hulk appears in other MCU projects I'm not expecting much if any 4th wall stuff.
Yeah I expect that if Jen shows up in Cap 4 or in this rumoured Hulk solo, she’ll be fun but toned down a bit.

Yeah I expect that if Jen shows up in Cap 4 or in this rumoured Hulk solo, she’ll be fun but toned down a bit.
Hulk solo rumours?! Is that possible now? :wow:

They've shown that they can take the Devil of Hell's Kitchen from the most brutal Netflix show outside of The Punisher, and fit him in perfectly here in the lightest comedy show, so it looks like they have common sense when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm sure they can handle She-Hulk appropriately too when she steps out of the confines of her show, and she's going to be a big ticket character going forward IMO.

And the same will apply to Matt on his show.

I feel like She-Hulk will be a good example of comic crossovers done right. Where characters show a bit of a different side of themselves in her world, but still very much keep their identity, and get down differently in their own corner of the universe.

Hulk solo rumours?! Is that possible now? :wow:

They've shown that they can take the Devil of Hell's Kitchen from the most brutal Netflix show outside of The Punisher, and fit him in perfectly here in the lightest comedy show, so it looks like they have common sense when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm sure they can handle She-Hulk appropriately too when she steps out of the confines of her show, and she's going to be a big ticket character going forward IMO.
The rights are apparently up soon. So there is legit hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"