Marvel Universe wave 1, reviews and thoughs

lars573

Sidekick
Reaction score
So today at a LCS I found the last two from wave 1 that I wanted. So here's a review of them. These MU figues fall into two categories, super posable. And Star Wars like not so posable, but with 25th Joe like hips. Also these MU have no less detail than a ML.

Ironman 7/10
MU7.jpg

Fury files #001. Ironman falls into the latter cattergory as far as articulation goes. He has a ball joint neck and torse, swivle wrists. Ball hinges everwhere else. His sculpt is really good. Nice details, and a metallic finish to his armour. His biggest weakness is that the repulsor blast acessory he comes with limits his poses due to it weight vs. the figures. As you can see from the pic

Spider-man 9/10
MU6.jpg

Fury files #002. Spider-man is in the super posable category. In fact of the first wave he has the most articulation. Double jointed knees, ball neck and torso, swivle upper arms/wrists/waist, ball hinge shoulders and ankles, hinge elbows. His sculpting is nice. The web details are scukpted and then painted. His head is ab odd shape. And as Spidey is some what lanky he feels kind of delicate. Especially the upper arms. He comes with a web line accsory that unlike Ironmans doesn't hinder his posability.

Silver Surfer 8/10
Human Torch 6/10
MU1.jpg

I'm doing these three together because Sufer and Torch use the same body. Now they have similar articulation too Spidey. But they don't have the swivle waist and the ankles are a hinge joint. Surfer has a good silver finish to his plastic (whether it's paint or die I can't tell). The face sculpt is a bit weak, but I can live with it. The firey human torch is the better of the two versions. As both decos use the same head the none flamed version has anime hair. That really doesn't look good at all. Also firey torch is molded in a nice translucent orange and brown plastic. With yellow paint for his details. This body sculpt also feels a bit loose in the hips.

Daredevil 7/10
Bullseye 6/10
MU5.jpg

These two also use the same body. Almost exactly the same artic as Spidey but no swivle waist. This body sculpt also has a funny hunch going on. But it's not that noticable on Bullseye. Of the two DD is the stronger. As those cards in Bullseye's left hand are molded in. And my one has a siezed lower hinge in his left knee. Of the two face sculpts I like Bullseye's better his crazy smile is great. DD concentration face is not so good. DD only comes with his billy club/nunchuck. Bullseye comes with a M16 with M203 greande launcher and some kind of knife.

Later on I'll do Black Panther and Punisher.

Awesome! :up:

I have a question though, weren't these supposed to be released next month?

That's in the US. These have been hitting Canadian Wal-Marts since late January. And Diamond is shipping cases to comic shops now.

I still think Dare Devil looks like a bootleg. Too bad you didn't find Punisher, that is one ugly figure.

Oh I found Punisher.

Punisher 5/10
Black Panther 8/10
MU4.jpg

These two also share a sculpt sort of. They have the same articulation. Ball neck and ankles, ball hinge shoulders/elbows.knees. Swivle waist. But their lower limbs while the same general shape are sculpted differently. On Black Panther this is perfectly alright. His Chinese Halbred fits pefectly into his hand. Really good representation all the way around. On Punisher however it falls apart. His right hand can't hold any of his three guns very well. And the left hand is so huge that when he holds them his fingers are over the trigger guard. Plus instead of black his suit is a kind of steel grey with whitish highlights. And his head sculpt is funny looking. Easily the weakest of the set. Unless you really have a love on for the classic Punisher suit you might want to skip him and wait for the much better looking (different head sculpt) modern Punisher that's coming in wave 3.

Lastly some other pics.
MU.jpg

Group shot

MU2.jpg

Torch on Sufers board

MU3.jpg

Proof that these guys have peg holes in their feet

MU8.jpg

And a side by side with some Toybiz Super hero show down figures.

a guy at fwoosh did this to punisher
punisher1.jpg

head from a 25th joe
makes you not really care about the large hand

i will say this, its nice knowing the MU figs are in scale with those who collected SHS, but in that pic with the SHS figs, you can clearly see that Toybiz had a much better quality with the figs then hasbro does. the hasbro torch looks fugly as all hell

Yeah, See.....I am going to pass on this first Punisher....cause I am pretty damn sure that there will be another one along the road somewhere.

Wave 3 has a modern Punisher with a different head sculpt.

i will say this, its nice knowing the MU figs are in scale with those who collected SHS, but in that pic with the SHS figs, you can clearly see that Toybiz had a much better quality with the figs then hasbro does. the hasbro torch looks fugly as all hell
I'm sorry but your wrong. Toy Biz sculpting on ML/SHS was bad. Between the attempt at details and over articulation, they don't look human. And the SHS Torch is really ugly. I'll take anything Hasbro makes for Marvel over Toy Biz any day.

Wave 3 has a modern Punisher with a different head sculpt.

I'm sorry but your wrong. Toy Biz sculpting on ML/SHS was bad. Between the attempt at details and over articulation, they don't look human. And the SHS Torch is really ugly. I'll take anything Hasbro makes for Marvel over Toy Biz any day.

difference of opinion. :o there fugly as all hell to me

Yeah, the torch is ass....let's hope the Wolverine/Torch 2 pack looks better

Hmmmm...way better Punisher, Way better torch......Thing looks really good.

Has anyone ever ordered through HasbroToyShop.com? I found the first wave in stores and ordered the second off their website. If anyone's had any experience, let me know!

Has anyone ever ordered through HasbroToyShop.com? I found the first wave in stores and ordered the second off their website. If anyone's had any experience, let me know!

most of us have ordered from hasbro before.. what is it you're asking for?

I just want to make sure they don't claim one of the items I've pre-ordered it out of stock or anything. I'd also hope items ship very quickly once they're released.

things to tend to ship fast from there, and as long as you place an order ull be fine. delays may happen though if something does sell out, but ull still get it when they get there next shipment in. So don't fret

I picked up Wolverine, Spidey, Ironman and Daredevil. I actually like Ironman the best out of those ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"