The Defenders Marvel Working With Netflix and ABC on Additional Series.

Punisher series is confirmed. Still hoping for Daredevil to be renewed and Elektra to be greenlit after Defenders hits and hopefully for some Blade and Moon Knight stuff.

Last edited:
Punisher series is confirmed. Still hoping for Daredevil to be renewed and Elektra to be greenlit after Defenders hits and hopefully for some Blade and Moon Knight stuff.

I would love an Elektra series/miniseries!

I'd like to see The Runaways myself.

I would love this too though I'm not sure if they could afford to have Old Lace in a whole lot of the episodes.

I think they should do a movie franchise for Runaways.

Possible for phase 4 or 5.

I agree with you. It would bring in a newer demographic too. the original BKV run was perfect and could be developed into an interesting group of films.

I just think that The Runaways, given how it's story is structured, would work better as an ongoing TV show. The narrative fits that medium better I think.

I think they should do a movie franchise for Runaways.

Possible for phase 4 or 5.

Except not really. In another three years they'll all be too old for the sequel. Also, we just got Punisher, why are we talking Runaways when they'd be on Freeform if they ever got a show since they fit the YA demographic better than the older audience the Netflix series aim for.

And can the mods give us a full Punisher subforum?

I just think that The Runaways, given how it's story is structured, would work better as an ongoing TV show. The narrative fits that medium better I think.

It would but I'd worry about the CG dinosaur. I'd take a 13 episode run over a 22 episode if it meant good CGI and not AoS CGI.

It would but I'd worry about the CG dinosaur. I'd take a 13 episode run over a 22 episode if it meant good CGI and not AoS CGI.

If you rely mostly on high end puppetry and save the CGI for major action sequences you can make a great looking raptor on a TV budget.

CG Dinosaur? We can get a man in a dinosaur suit.

I think the problem is that any of the options would be too expensive for the budget of a freeform show. You can have a suit, CGI or animatronics or a combination thereoff.

I guess a suit would be possible...
[YT]jAzQr3Ml0UI[/YT]
But there's no way they could make it as good looking and detailed as the ones used for Jurassic Park, where they spent months to perfect it with a much higher budget. You'd risk getting something like this instead:
[YT]k7QgixwsF2o[/YT]

CGI raptors have been done before on TV, but it's usually just a couple of minutes total in a single episode, with lots of closeups of the actors that don't show the dinosaur at all inbetween. They also barely interact with the actors directly.
[YT]yUf0fgEmskQ[/YT]

We're talking about having one every episode for the full season. One that's with the team pretty much all the time. One that they regularly pet, hug or even ride. And that in addition to all the effects needed on Karolina's powers, Nico's powers, possibly Molly's powers and Chase's fistigons, Leapfrog, the Gibborim, etc. And I'm pretty sure the budget of freeform shows is lower than that of shows like Primeval, Doctor Who, etc. which have had CG dinosaurs.

And there is absolutely no chance of an animatronic on Freeform

I think the problem is that any of the options would be too expensive for the budget of a freeform show. You can have a suit, CGI or animatronics or a combination thereoff.

I guess a suit would be possible...
[YT]jAzQr3Ml0UI[/YT]
But there's no way they could make it as good looking and detailed as the ones used for Jurassic Park, where they spent months to perfect it with a much higher budget. You'd risk getting something like this instead:
[YT]k7QgixwsF2o[/YT]

CGI raptors have been done before on TV, but it's usually just a couple of minutes total in a single episode, with lots of closeups of the actors that don't show the dinosaur at all inbetween. They also barely interact with the actors directly.
[YT]yUf0fgEmskQ[/YT]

We're talking about having one every episode for the full season. One that's with the team pretty much all the time. One that they regularly pet, hug or even ride. And that in addition to all the effects needed on Karolina's powers, Nico's powers, possibly Molly's powers and Chase's fistigons, Leapfrog, the Gibborim, etc. And I'm pretty sure the budget of freeform shows is lower than that of shows like Primeval, Doctor Who, etc. which have had CG dinosaurs.

And there is absolutely no chance of an animatronic on Freeform

Yeah... Even if it's Marvel, I'm not sure if it's doable on a TV budget until technology improves... at the same time there's the problem with doing it as a film series since with TV, you're doing a new season every year and with film, you're doing a new one ever 2-4 years and the cast will have aged out of their roles and won't be believable anymore. Runaways is a really tough nut to crack. I'd make the same argument for Avengers Academy except that one's even harder since Marvel don't own mutants and animating Mettle is also hard to do on a TV budget.

Then again, Marvel are doing Iron Fist on TV and that series needs a giant CGI dragon.

Defenders.jpg

Looking like a bunch of hobos... :funny:

I could see Jess with the hoodie and fingerless gloves. Not Luke, though.

http://moviecreedlive.com/entertainment/2668979-blade-ghost-rider-moon-knight-netflix/

I'm interested in how they can get Ghost Rider to work on a TV budget but since it is coming to TV, I really want to see if they can get a family dynamic going between Johnny Blaze, Dan Ketch and Jennifer Kale with Blaze eventually being cured, marrying Roxanne and passing the torch on to Dan. I feel like Marvel should do Ghost Rider last just so that by the time it debuts the cost for decent special effects will be low enough to justify a full 13 episodes.

I feel like this is the best way to handle Blade and Moon Knight. Moon Knight's schizophrenia should make for some interesting retcons and cause him to occasionally finger the wrong guy for committing a crime or see him having killed somebody only for that person to come back to life with no explanation other than Marc hallucinating.

As for Blade, I totally approve of a TV show since I can't see Marvel studios topping Blade I and II but with a TV show they can go in a new direction where they can better explore his supporting cast like Quincy Harker, Rachel Van Helsing and a more comic-accurate Hannibal King. Dracula should be much truer to the source material than the films while also being a complex character who is often more sympathetic than Blade. And Blade should both be British and a less dark character than he was in the films who would be less interested in destroying the vampires and more interested in policing them. The central conflict should be Dracula believing that vampires are superior beings who shouldn't be ashamed of who they are while Blade believes that they have the potential to be better and wants to kill any who step out of line.

Plus we can get more long-form vampire hunting over the course of several episodes that play out as murder mysteries with Blade picking up clues to hunt enemies like Deacon Frost. And if there's a second season I can see Blade having to team up with Dracula to fight Doctor Sun.

Blade and Ghost Rider yes. Moon Knight no. Moon Knight is mine goddammit.

And Marvel should license this for Ghost Rider's theme song/intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6WF_-Dih0M

I like the instrumentation overall but not the singing. It's going to sound a bit dated. I prefer it just sung. No odd vocal effects like this or the Spyderbait version. Plus that keyboard bit in the middle of this makes it sound like it's from the 80s.

There must be a better rock version out there. I think this version obscures the great melody of the song too much.

EDIT: Maybe it should be just done as an instrumental. Like a modern version of this:

[YT]1lT_guRaF9A[/YT]

Obviously not this Shadows version, because it sounds like 70s disco, but something more modern and rocky which retains the melody and doesn't have these weird vocal effects.

Last edited:
can't go wrong with Johnny Cash
[YT]qt0rURntFQE[/YT]

1. Those aren't vocal effects. Those are harsh vocals. I've seen Children of Bodom live numerous times.

2. Ghost Rider has always been associated with death and black metal music, not country.

http://moviecreedlive.com/entertainment/2668979-blade-ghost-rider-moon-knight-netflix/

I'm interested in how they can get Ghost Rider to work on a TV budget but since it is coming to TV, I really want to see if they can get a family dynamic going between Johnny Blaze, Dan Ketch and Jennifer Kale with Blaze eventually being cured, marrying Roxanne and passing the torch on to Dan. I feel like Marvel should do Ghost Rider last just so that by the time it debuts the cost for decent special effects will be low enough to justify a full 13 episodes.

I doubt that they would be talking about it if they weren't sure about the SFX budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"