Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 6x04 Promo "Code Yellow"

tbg

Civilian
Reaction score

After watching the preview, I don't think Deke is the target. They make it seem like it but they don't show Sarge saying "I've been hunting your kind my entire life" to Deke. If he were trying to kill him, he could do it when he pulls the knife on Deke. Will be interesting tonight for sure.

Deke has Daisy on the brain majorly with his little virtual reality role playing game & the much sexier version of Daisy.

I think he chose that one girl as his girlfriend because she resembled Daisy also.:funny:

Once the shotgun ax came out I was pretty sure Deke had a framework game going. But then with that company and Mack's organization with Agent Khan acting like Black Widow with Stark I can't help but think that one year is too soon and five years would have fit better.

In any case this episode was more of what I was looking for in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. than Fear and Loathing. This was an A+ and part of me wants to immediately watch it again.

The season would have been much better on the whole if they'd had the balls to kill Mack in that fashion instead of introducing Keller just to try (and fail) to make that death resonate. This season has seen a real downturn in quality in my opinion. It's like they've had notes handed down from up high that they need to make the show funnier, but mixed with the darker tone they've developed the results have been hit and miss at best, especially in this episode I think. Even season one didn't subject us to anything as cringy as that social media scene tacked on at the end. Maurissa Tancharoen is about ten years too old to be playing that role in the first place. Trouble is when a show gets an unexpected second lease of life the people involved start phoning it in a bit and just having fun because they can. I remember the same happening with SG-1 to an extent.

Given real world events I was surprised that the episode wasn't pulled at the last minute. With only three episodes shown ABC probably has a short bench and no reserves.

This season is interesting. I hate the space eps but love the Earth stuff. What I really loved from this episode was it got back to Agents being AGENTS. Team work, field agents, science agents, undercover agents. Giving me Mission impossible vibes.

It's amazing how a few speaking roles for the extras can help flesh the world out. Even the random lady that was covering yoyo's boyfriend gave me a sense of depth or organisation.

To be honest I'm almost the exact opposite. I feel like you can get away with the silliness in space, but on Earth it brings back season one vibes.

I'm kind of loving both Earth and space episodes NOW. The visuals and special effects on the space episodes have been more than I expected. Storytelling on both fronts is also picking up.

What's with the birds or bats being inside people? Was that caused by the terrigen mist or did the tear that the obolisc tore in reality cause it?

What's with the birds or bats being inside people? Was that caused by the terrigen mist or did the tear that the obolisc tore in reality cause it?
I would say absolutely nothing to do with terrigen mist, that story was already done by dumping the Inhuman's supply of diviners into the ocean and (nu)Inhumans being created in season 2. However Jaco and his team into "our" universe we saw a bunch of the bat birds first before his crossing. Right now they look like the Goa'uld from Stargate. Except they can be detected by Sarge. They might be easier to kill, or at least neutralize but only if you have the right weapon

Last edited:
Kind of reminds me of the Brood back in the early 80s of X-men, where they take control of a host. If so, then cool. A back-door way to introduce part of the X-men world. We will see though. I am still hoping that SHIELD continues past S7 in the Disney streaming service. Then I can just kick cable out the door.

There was some dragon-looking monsters that would attack worlds when a time paradox was created, and another swarm of stingray-looking things that would travel from world to world through a wormhole and eat anything and everything in Doctor Who. They kinda remind me of a combination of those things + Goa'uld.

Last edited:
I think he chose that one girl as his girlfriend because she resembled Daisy also.:funny:

That's Maurissa Tancharoen, one of the creators/ producers of the show, and married to Jed Whedon. Dunno why she decided to play such an annoying character.

Are they going to just be alternating between space and earth episodes now? One could just watch all the earth ones and then all the space ones to get more continuity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"