Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD - S02E11 - "Aftershocks"

I don't think so, but maybe. Fitz did have a pretty big crush on her in the early days.

Good episode except the Simmons stuff was a little heavy handed... Yeah I get the need to have something to make Skye keep a secret, but she really went overboard with the stuff...ELIMINATE THEM ALL, PLAGUE, HORRIBLE, TERMINATE!!!

I kind of didn't like that Hydra basically took each other out...but I guess the show wants to focus on the Inhumans and leave Von Strucker as the "last" Hydra leader.

Also, it didn't make much sense that Mr Hyde mentioned putting a team together, and then immediately abandoned Raina...but again...I guess they wanted to get her with the Inhumans.

Hydra killed hydra people.. meaning there must be more hydra people around. They killed no named, first time seen "leaders". Someone else is there to be the bad guy. We just don't know who yet.

But I do agree, they look to be moving towards it being a Inhuman's show.

But I think we can rule out three of them (Dernier, Falsworth and Morita).....at least I think so.
IMO, I think the only one in that photo that can reasonably be ruled out is Bucky - the others I think are all still potential possibilities.

Finally got done watching it, an awesome episode and a great start to the back half of the season. Can't wait to see what comes next :)

The teleportation CGI looked good as did Raina in Inhuman mode. I thought the fake shootout scene was pretty cool as well. Loved Fitz being the first to call Skye Inhuman.

damn raina..u wanted power..lol I dont have any feels for you

bobbi & mack...WHO ARE U WORKING FOR?

Last edited:
I think Bobbi & Mack are working for Hill and ultimately will end up on Stark's side in the Civil War. Coulson I can't see not ending up on Cap's side.

Raina's definitely a version of the comic character. Her face spines are in the pattern of comic Raina's mask, her spine "hair" vaguely resembles the fin, the claws are similar, and comic Raina's green outfit is repped by Raina's skin, which definitely had a greenish tint below the neck.

Marvel just got away with putting an X-Men character on television. Interesting...

Marvel can put X-men characters on TV all day long. They only sold the movie rights away. They are not likely to do so, as they don't want to further the whole 'mutants' plan, but instead push forward with Inhumans as a replacement. I think we'll find out that Wanda and Pietro were captured by von Strucker and Whitehall at the same time they captured Skye's mother. I'm still not convinced we've seen the last of Whitehall. We don't know the regenerative capacity he has.

Regarding Simmons's behavior, keep in mind that none of the rest of the team witnessed what Raina became nor what she did. And typically in the comics it's a theme that baseline humanity's natural first gut reaction to mutants(who the Inhumans are standing in for in the MCU) would always be a negative one just like coming upon a dangerous wild animal like a bear or a lion suddenly would leave one in mortal terror(even if the animal showed zero interest in attacking). You're still blatantly aware of how helpless and defenseless you are against what is essentially a more powerful life form. Now mutants come with the added "We're going to replace you, eventually" subtext and I don't know if the Inhumans have that as well since they seem even more exclusive than mutants do so far as they require an extra step to activate their powers. But Simmons's is just in a bit of shock and letting her gut reaction carry her away. I think in time she'll get over it.

Marvel can put X-men characters on TV all day long. They only sold the movie rights away. They are not likely to do so, as they don't want to further the whole 'mutants' plan, but instead push forward with Inhumans as a replacement. I think we'll find out that Wanda and Pietro were captured by von Strucker and Whitehall at the same time they captured Skye's mother. I'm still not convinced we've seen the last of Whitehall. We don't know the regenerative capacity he has.
There's an AOU prelude digital comic that already indicates how Strucker came across the twins it was after the events of the first Avengers film (so well after Skye's mother was killed): https://comicstore.marvel.com/Aveng...red-Isle-Infinite-Comic-1/digital-comic/36656

While Marvel technically retained the TV rights for the X Men family of characters, FOX has a "lock out" provision regarding their usage. Per the terms of the 1993 agreement, neither FOX nor Marvel can put the characters on TV in a live action setting without the others' consent.

FOX does not automatically control all of the characters, like Raina, that were created in the pages of X Men comics. My guess is Marvel has full run of the Savage Land and its denizens.

It's a Civil War setup. Simmons will side with Stark. Colson will side with Rogers. I'm not sure where the rest of the team will land. I think Mack and Bobbi will be on different sides before it's over.

Oh, and Fitz has already picked a side. He'll be opposite of Simmons.

I agree with this and immediately thought of Civil War when Simmons was voicing her opinion on Supers.

So I guess all of FOX's talk about following Marvel & WB into TV land with an X-Men spin off show is just BS then because Marvel would never let them do that if they indeed needed to sign off on it. They hate FOX.

I think Bobbi will end up on whatever side Hawkeye ends up on.

Why would she do that? She isn't American. It's not like Americans are the default human race to which everyone desires to conform. If she did even want a less Asian-sounding name, once she married Calvin, her surname would be Zabo.

Johnson is NOT specifically an American name, nor did it originate in America. :o

Just saying.

So I guess all of FOX's talk about following Marvel & WB into TV land with an X-Men spin off show is just BS then because Marvel would never let them do that if they indeed needed to sign off on it. They hate FOX.

Well money talks, soo... The deal would just have to be sweet enough for them. IMO I don't see it happening but stranger things have happened like Spidey joining the MCU so who's to say?

If FOX releases the rights to the FF family of characters after FFINO flops we may have a deal.

Bobbi and Mac are keeping something from Coulsion ...and im fine with that.....I hope they are reporting to Stark and/or Clint......it will make for a better dynamic.... i mean you cant keep all the things Shield is doing away from Stark and Clint..who took orders from Colusion (Thor movie #1)
But my money is on one of the 2...which will tie in the beginning of the Avengers movie and their assault on the Hydra Compound

I'm thinking Bobbi and Mac don't think Coulson is good enough to lead s.h.i.e.l.d, so they're looking to replace him. Hence why they want the cube fury gave him.

So Hunter was Hydra. And the Hunter became the hunted when he was killed by Hunter.

And what is Bobbi (aka Hunter Rider) up to?

That Gordon character reminds me of one of these Mutant test subjects from Avengers Alliance.

I can understand why Mac is upset, his friend is dead, and he feels it's because of Coulson's obsession with the symbols, and the city.

What Mac needs to realize though, is SHIELD is the first line of defense against any kind of threat to earth. The Avengers may be the heavy hitters they call in when a serious threat is identified, but SHIELD agents are the proverbial canaries in the coal mine.

Someone has to go in first, and identify the nature of the threat, before that threat can be dealt with, and if he has a problem with that, then maybe he should re evaluate his chosen profession.
Mac saw what the carvings did to Coulson emotionally/ mentally/ physically, so why is he surprised Coulson would want to know what it's all about? Also, Coulson is the director and it's his job to tell the others what to do. Why is this a problem for Mac? It's not a democracy.

It's not, but one can have concerns if the director is using the team to accomplish personal objectives as opposed to team objectives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"