Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD - S02E11 - "Aftershocks"

Silvermoon

Made To Be Ruled
Reaction score
(I did not see an episode thread for this yet - I'm guessing Agent Carter had most of us busy when the synopsis and what not was released - if I missed it, mods please feel free to merge as needed)

Synopsis
http://marvel.com/news/tv/24095/declassifying_marvels_agents_of_shield_aftershocks
Declassifying Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Aftershocks

Get the first details on the return episode of 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' this March!

Marc Strom
@Strommy
Published
Feb 13, 2015

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." returns for a dynamic, action-packed second half of Season 2 Tuesday, March 3 at 9:00 p.m. ET on ABC, and now we've got the first details on the first episode of 2015!

Read the official synopsis below for the series' big return March 3, and keep your eyes on Marvel.com for S.H.I.E.L.D. updates. Also follow @AgentsofSHIELD on Twitter and like "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." on Facebook for all the latest news!

After discovering an alien city with ties to his resurrection, Coulson and his team destroyed it before the forces of Hydra could claim its secrets, eliminating the villainous Whitehall (Reed Diamond) in the process. But new threats to the world have arisen, including Skye's father, Cal (Kyle McLachlan), who now seeks retribution against Coulson for stealing his revenge against Whitehall; a disturbing alliance between former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Ward (Brett Dalton) and Agent 33; the enigmatic Raina (Ruth Negga), who struggles with her transformation into something inhuman by the alien Obelisk and seeks vengeance; and Skye (Chloe Bennet), who developed mysterious new powers from the Obelisk but whose lack of experience with her new abilities may threaten the safety of those she loves.

Meanwhile, Bobbi (Adrianne Palicki) and Mack (Henry Simmons) begin the next phase of a plan which seems to have grave repercussions for Coulson and his team, who are unaware that there's another mysterious force moving against them. And as Hunter (Nick Blood) is forced to make the biggest choice of his life, Coulson will find his mission threatened by this shocking endgame.

In the midseason premiere, "Aftershocks," Coulson's team must deal with the consequences of their war with Hydra as shocking revelations threaten to tear them apart, and Hydra makes a dangerous move that may involve a traitor in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s midst.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Lance Hunter and Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse.

Guest starring are Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Ruth Negga as Raina, Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot, Henry Goodman as Dr. Levy, Kyle Maclachlan as The Doctor, Jamie Harris as Gordon, Simon Kassianides as Sunil Bakshi, Donzaleigh Abernathy as Trip's mom, Philip Labes as young Gordon, Dichen Lachman as Jiaying, Alvin Ing as Yat-Sen, Fred Dryer as Octavian Bloom, Kathryn Leigh-Scott as The Baroness, Joel Polis as The Banker, Kyle David Pierce as accountant, Maz Siam as The Sheikh, McKay Stewart as scientist #1 and David A. Jansen as agent.

Art of Evolution poster: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/2...unches-second-year-art-campaign-art-evolution
(click image for larger size)

Photo Stills: http://screencrush.com/agents-of-shield-aftershocks-photos-2015-premiere-gallery/

Promo:
http://youtu.be/z0VaYKyQA2c

Clip 1:
http://abc.go.com/embed/VDKA0_jhg8xb6p
(youtube version: http://youtu.be/XI85MVhvVCE

I think Bakshi's escape is actually orchestrated by S.H.I.E.L.D. so they could see in which hole he would crawl.

im so glad to see this again!. cant wait for tuesday.

I could SHIELD doing that to see where he would go to, on the other hand with Whitehall gone I can imagine others outside of the US government have interest in him as well.

Either way I am super excited that AoS will be back this Tuesday

I think Bakshi's escape is actually orchestrated by S.H.I.E.L.D. so they could see in which hole he would crawl.

I was thinking something like that too. Coulson and May were way too chatty about their business in front of Bakshi. That's not like them at all.

I was thinking something like that too. Coulson and May were way too chatty about their business in front of Bakshi. That's not like them at all.
May doesn't talk, and Coulson is usually cautious about what he says in front of the enemy, so it's an obvious set-up. But for who to follow him? For Talbot? To give him to the military without direct contact, avoiding a trap? For SHIELD to find out who is now boss without Whitehall (Why do I think he'll be back?)? :yay:

May doesn't talk, and Coulson is usually cautious about what he says in front of the enemy, so it's an obvious set-up. But for who to follow him? For Talbot? To give him to the military without direct contact, avoiding a trap? For SHIELD to find out who is now boss without Whitehall (Why do I think he'll be back?)? :yay:

Baron von Strucker's scientist from Captain America: The Winter Soldier appears in the episode.

http://screencapped.net/movie/captainamerica/albums/captainamerica2/catws/normal_catws_07460.jpg

He is credited as Doctor Levy though in Avengers: Age of Ultron Prelude - This Scepter'd Isle he is named Dr. List. He could take over Whitehall's HYDRA branch or simply appear to inform Bakshi that von Strucker is now in charge.

Now that's a great way to get Strucker involved without having to pay him a lot. Much like The Other was used to imply Thanos' involvement

So is Skye going to still use that name or will she go by Daisy from now on?

I think she will called Skye in some more episodes, as most her teamates know her as Skye, and perhaps afterwards will be called Daisy, when the other have adjusted.

I think she'll still go by Skye, it's the name she chose for herself and I'd say it's more a part of who she is than the name Daisy (that, and she just doesn't strike me as someone that would go by Daisy)

Just my opinion (I could be proven wrong)

If she does take the name Daisy, it won't be for a while.

I think the bigger question is, where will the last name "Johnson" come from? :woot:
SHIELD Agent John Johnson VI will become her SO in season 3. They both fall in love and become The Johnsons :o

Maybe Skye won't like the name Daisy and will change it to Dakota. :o

As long as they don't go off the deep end with the romance, I'll be fine.

Luke Mitchell will play a "charismatic Inhuman"

Charismatic = love interest.

That's the only thing that's got me even a little bit worried about season deux part deux.

Don't mush Agents Of Shield up, writers.

Please.

Her dad is Calvin Zabo though. She should be Daisy Zabo.

I don't think it's her mother's maiden name, because her mother was meant to be Chinese, unless they're saying that she was actually only half Chinese. Dichen Lachman is half Nepalese and half German, but I don't know if she was meant to be mixed in AOS.

She gets trained by Marcus Johnson, the new Nick Fury, and later marries him and changes her name to Mary-Sue-Poots Skye Daisy Johnson-(Fury)-Zabo

Maybe her Mother's last name will be Jon'sung or something and she just Americanizes it.

Why would she do that? She isn't American. It's not like Americans are the default human race to which everyone desires to conform. If she did even want a less Asian-sounding name, once she married Calvin, her surname would be Zabo.

Why would she do that? She isn't American. It's not like Americans are the default human race to which everyone desires to conform. If she did even want a less Asian-sounding name, once she married Calvin, her surname would be Zabo.

Good points. I'm just spitballin'!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"