World Marvel's Spider-Man Coming to Disney XD

High school again?
Get over it Marvel, he owns his own company in your comics right now, and teenage Ultimate Pete is dead.

Realistically, their target market is tweens. They want that demographic to relate to the hero, therefore, cast him as someone they could know from their local high school. Spider-Man could be the kid they look up to from up the street, and therefore, could be them.

Besides, Spider-Man was pretty much meant to be in high school. Although some of his best stories came from later, even much later occasionally, this is his true status quo.

High school again?
Get over it Marvel, he owns his own company in your comics right now, and teenage Ultimate Pete is dead.

And is some of the worst storytelling I've seen in Spider-Man comics...let's not go there.

Realistically, their target market is tweens. They want that demographic to relate to the hero, therefore, cast him as someone they could know from their local high school. Spider-Man could be the kid they look up to from up the street, and therefore, could be them.

Besides, Spider-Man was pretty much meant to be in high school. Although some of his best stories came from later, even much later occasionally, this is his true status quo.
Meant schment, gimme a more mature Spidey.
The Raimi trilogy is one of the highest grossing trilogies, and it had college aged Spidey.

And is some of the worst storytelling I've seen in Spider-Man comics...let's not go there.
They can do good stories with that.
But I didn't mean I want them to adapt THAT, teenage Spidey is the most overdone concept. We've seen him learn responsibility in a cartoon early this decade, taught, not learning on his own, but he was learning, and this concept isn't what I want to see twice in a row in animation, and twice in a row in movies, especially not since both reboots are in the span of 5-6 years.

Meant schment, gimme a more mature Spidey.
The Raimi trilogy is one of the highest grossing trilogies, and it had college aged Spidey.

I don't disagree. The world needs a Spidey show based on Stern's and DeFalco's runs in the 80s. I'd welcome it with open arms.

But my main point is high school makes more sense based on the majority viewing audience.

Just bring SSM back.
As much as I'd love to, not happening.
Speaking of TSSM, Spidey's design in that image feels like an homage to that show.

I don't disagree. The world needs a Spidey show based on Stern's and DeFalco's runs in the 80s. I'd welcome it with open arms.
I'd approve and love such a show. :awesome:

But my main point is high school makes more sense based on the majority viewing audience.
Feels more safe than necessary.
Spider-Friends and the 90s show both had a huge number of viewers and left a strong legacy, and both starred a college student, animators should take notes from that.

I'd approve and love such a show. :awesome:

Maybe one day, my friend.

Feels more safe than necessary.
Spider-Friends and the 90s show both had a huge number of viewers and left a strong legacy, and both starred a college student, animators should take notes from that.

I don't disagree--definitely feels like a "safe" move. But if we're lucky, it could be Marvel trying to put their stamp on the Lee/Ditko classics and not another abomination like USM.

Just bring SSM back.

That's the best and most unlikely option.

gimme a more mature Spidey.

I agree. TAS, TNAS, etc. loved 'em for a more older Peter. Heck, even Unlimited was great in terms of its Peter/Spidey. The rest was hit-and-miss, but..

Alternatively, I'd love for Marvel Animation to crack out some Spider-Man blu-rays similar to what DC's been doing with Batman. One day, I hope.

I agree. TAS, TNAS, etc. loved 'em for a more older Peter. Heck, even Unlimited was great in terms of its Peter/Spidey. The rest was hit-and-miss, but..
Should've mentioned TNAS, wish it was a hit.

Alternatively, I'd love for Marvel Animation to crack out some Spider-Man blu-rays similar to what DC's been doing with Batman. One day, I hope.
With the still ongoing habit of releasing two Spider-Man cartoons per decade, I'm fine with not having DTVs.

How many cartoons nowadays that aren't on Fox or Adult Swim feature adult characters. Aside from maybe Spongebob, and even that is pushing it.

How many cartoons nowadays that aren't on Fox or Adult Swim feature adult characters. Aside from maybe Spongebob, and even that is pushing it.
Hulk, Avengers.
Those are Disney shows.

And then there's Batman.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Marvel shows.

Should've mentioned TNAS, wish it was a hit.

Yeah, me too. Loved the look to it and NPH as Spidey was great and an inspired decision, surely.

With the still ongoing habit of releasing two Spider-Man cartoons per decade, I'm fine with not having DTVs.

While I do agree with that, I mostly suggest it for those -- like myself -- that hope to see major comic stories adapted in animated form.

I'd love to see a proper Kraven's Last Hunt or the Gwen Stacy saga as examples and I feel they may carry baggage to those that may be weary of wanting to adapt 'em on TV so blu-ray/DVD animated films could be a way of getting past all that.

Oh, HELL YES! Can you imagine Kraven's Last Hunt, The Night Gwen Stacy Died, the Hobgoblin Saga, Coming Home/Morlun (with JRJR as art consultant), The Child Within, all adapted properly?!?! I salivate at the thought.:hmr:

Oh, HELL YES! Can you imagine Kraven's Last Hunt, The Night Gwen Stacy Died, the Hobgoblin Saga, Coming Home/Morlun (with JRJR as art consultant), The Child Within, all adapted properly?!?! I salivate at the thought.:hmr:

Exactly!

Think it'd be a good way to bypass any baggage one of those stories may bring to the animated series if the creator doesn't feel particularly inclined to use it/tackle it on their own show.

Exactly!

Think it'd be a good way to bypass any baggage one of those stories may bring to the animated series if the creator doesn't feel particularly inclined to use it/tackle it on their own show.

Yeah, that's definitely the way it should be done. We can dream...

Yeah, that's definitely the way it should be done. We can dream...

On top of that, it could be done similarly to the DC animated stuff... as in, people's favorite voice actors could come back for a film or two.

CDB as Spider-Man in Kraven's Last Hunt

Josh Keaton as Spider-Man in "If This Be My Destiny...!"

I want this to happen so badly now............

Even if they can't bring back TSSM, couldn't they try to create a show that is similar in style? Maybe build off of the events of that series but do it's own thing. Bring back the producers and writers and... ehh, I just made myself even more depressed than I was before.

The only reason I hesitate to watch TSSM again is because whenever I finish it, I feel hurt.

I'll be happy if they don't choose to call Miles something as lame as Kid Arachnid.

They're obviously looking to cash in and relate it to the new Homecoming franchise, so yeah. He will have little buddies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"