Homecoming New Spider-Man animated series coming in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Good costume Curt."
Does that make the doctor another de-aged antagonist? That's like what? Third? Fourth? Fifth counting Colonel Jameson?

If that was Curt Connors.
I didn't even realize it was Jameson that became Man Wolf until he was with Norman.
Plus, he just looked very similar to shirtless Bruce Banner.

He's the only Curt I know of in Spider-Man comics I've read and remember.
C'mon man, Harry called him Jameson halfway through the episode. But maybe it's easy for the to slip notice.

I didn't catch the name even though Harry seemingly recognized him whilst still being Man Wolf.

Why am I still watching this show?

Sometimes I ask myself that same question. I was excited to see the Hulk make an appearance, but the show wasted no time in using the old, tired plot device of making the Hulk turn on the other hero(es). Hulk's design was particularly uninspired. His abdomen looked like a giant pair of lips. Even my youngest daughter noticed the poor design choices for him.

Of course, the show went back to Horizon High for the majority of the episode. The writers seem terrified of letting Spidey/Peter stay away from his school setting for very long.

Sometimes I ask myself that same question. I was excited to see the Hulk make an appearance, but the show wasted no time in using the old, tired plot device of making the Hulk turn on the other hero(es). Hulk's design was particularly uninspired. His abdomen looked like a giant pair of lips. Even my youngest daughter noticed the poor design choices for him.

Of course, the show went back to Horizon High for the majority of the episode. The writers seem terrified of letting Spidey/Peter stay away from his school setting for very long.
I missed that design, had to look again to see it and laugh.

How has Horizon High not been shut down after all these incidence involving students Lol

Also can someone explain to me why Marvel are de-aging a lot of Spidey villains.Do they want kids to relate to them?. Just bizarre.

Finally, this show, even with a high school setting is really going to ignore any form of romance and replace it with this science bros nonsense?

After watching every episode I forget what even happened in that episode,this show is so forgettable.And all the male characters look the same so I don't even know who is who.

I've been quite busy lately and haven't got around to watching the show. I'm not sure how many episodes I'm behind, I think maybe like 5 or 6--the next one for me to watch is the one with Sandman's daughter.

I'll be honest...there's been a few moments where I've found myself sitting in front of the TV with enough time to put on one of the episodes and I elected to pass. I wanna give the show a fair shot but it has yet to really grab me and I'm beginning to think that it never will. It's sad to me that as a big Spider-Man fan that I am, I have little to no interest in watching a Spider-Man show.

After watching every episode I forget what even happened in that episode,this show is so forgettable.And all the male characters look the same so I don't even know who is who.

I'm not current on the episodes--I'm only through episode 5, I think...but, that's still an accurate assessment about the show being forgettable. I agree. It's very bland. So vanilla. And really this animated show is basically just USM v2. Take away the 4th wall-breaking, family guy-esque humor and it's not far off from the same type of format. I think it's an improvement over USM, which isn't exactly difficult to do but also it's not leaps and bounds better than USM. It's passable.

I've been quite busy lately and haven't got around to watching the show. I'm not sure how many episodes I'm behind, I think maybe like 5 or 6--the next one for me to watch is the one with Sandman's daughter.

I'll be honest...there's been a few moments where I've found myself sitting in front of the TV with enough time to put on one of the episodes and I elected to pass. I wanna give the show a fair shot but it has yet to really grab me and I'm beginning to think that it never will. It's sad to me that as a big Spider-Man fan that I am, I have little to no interest in watching a Spider-Man show.
I came to the conclusion that skipping episodes from this cartoon is nothing to fret about. This dullness has less than half the number of viewers USM had, and that says something.

How has Horizon High not been shut down after all these incidence involving students Lol

I asked myself the same question. It stands to reason that after multiple attacks on children by super-powered beings, Horizon would be crawling with armed guards and possibly monitored by S.H.I.E.L.D. The adults in this version of Spidey's world seem a little clueless.

I came to the conclusion that skipping episodes from this cartoon is nothing to fret about. This dullness has less than half the number of viewers USM had, and that says something.

The Kraven episode was decent, but I doubt that this show will stay on the air for more than a couple of seasons. The enjoyable moments are few and far between.

I asked myself the same question. It stands to reason that after multiple attacks on children by super-powered beings, Horizon would be crawling with armed guards and possibly monitored by S.H.I.E.L.D. The adults in this version of Spidey's world seem a little clueless.

The Kraven episode was decent, but I doubt that this show will stay on the air for more than a couple of seasons. The enjoyable moments are few and far between.

About the show lasting a few season I don't know ultimate Spider-Man was even worst and some how got like 5 seasons.

At this point, my desire to watch the show is only so I can give up to date reviews/commentaries on the show's progress. I'm not really getting any thrill or worthwhile entertainment from these episodes--it's not exciting, like, at all. The best praise I can give the show is that I can make it through an episode without having to turn it off.

Decent, yeah.
I hope it ends after season 2.

At this point, my desire to watch the show is only so I can give up to date reviews/commentaries on the show's progress. I'm not really getting any thrill or worthwhile entertainment from these episodes--it's not exciting, like, at all. The best praise I can give the show is that I can make it through an episode without having to turn it off.
Compared to your view of USM this show is like a breath of fresh air, in a polluted area.

About the show lasting a few season I don't know ultimate Spider-Man was even worst and some how got like 5 seasons.
I think this one is up to the worse start, and USM ended on a very lackluster note in its 4th season.

That's exactly how I felt the last couple of episodes. I dropped off around episode 5 or 6. The good stuff was the boiling between Peter and Harry. How'd that turn out?

I think what people are missing is that this show is basically a gateway and starter point for kids into the world of Spider-Man and these Marvel characters. Because let's be frank, the comics aren't doing that anymore. I agree with MOA a 100 percent on that.

The show is repackaging a lot of the characters, but plenty of the movie adaptations have made far more drastic changes.

Personally, I enjoy the way the show is gradually introducing the characters and building up all its storylines over the course of the season. The whole concept of the symbiote creature is introduced before Peter even gets the black suit. Then there's a whole multi-part storyline involving the black suit to transition to Venom eventually.

Compared to your view of USM this show is like a breath of fresh air, in a polluted area.

Even in the few episodes that I've seen of Marvel's Spider-Man, there's already been more notable 'moments' than in anything I watched in the first 3 seasons of USM.

That's exactly how I felt the last couple of episodes. I dropped off around episode 5 or 6. The good stuff was the boiling between Peter and Harry. How'd that turn out?

Erm, if you're asking me, I have no idea. I'm down about 5 or 6 episodes.

I think what people are missing is that this show is basically a gateway and starter point for kids into the world of Spider-Man and these Marvel characters. Because let's be frank, the comics aren't doing that anymore. I agree with MOA a 100 percent on that.

The show is repackaging a lot of the characters, but plenty of the movie adaptations have made far more drastic changes.

Personally, I enjoy the way the show is gradually introducing the characters and building up all its storylines over the course of the season. The whole concept of the symbiote creature is introduced before Peter even gets the black suit. Then there's a whole multi-part storyline involving the black suit to transition to Venom eventually.

I do like how this show is building upon each episode and like you say, introducing characters little by little and setting up things for the future. There's definitely more of a progression here than what we've seen in USM. So, despite me not really enjoying the show, it does have that going for it.

"Good costume Curt."
Does that make the doctor another de-aged antagonist? That's like what? Third? Fourth? Fifth counting Colonel Jameson?

It's not him.
Curt Connors shows up in "The Rise of Doc Ock,
Part 2, where he also turns into the Lizard. His design is similar to Rhys Ifans's take, while Lizard is pretty close to the comics.

It's not him.
Curt Connors shows up in "The Rise of Doc Ock,
Part 2, where he also turns into the Lizard. His design is similar to Rhys Ifans's take, while Lizard is pretty close to the comics.
That's nice, better than a teen Lizard.

Personally despite its flaws, I keep watching because the series acknowledged Ben, the focus is still mainly on Peter and not on a team, Peter made his own suit which I loved and some of the jokes are funny.

They're also building up the Harry/Peter confrontation, Gwen is acting a lot like 616!Gwen, and they even mentioned Anna Watson twice. Granted I wouldn't love this serie if it wasn't for the deception that was Homecoming but still, I find this cartoon decent so far.

Personally despite its flaws, I keep watching because the series acknowledged Ben, the focus is still mainly on Peter and not on a team, Peter made his own suit which I loved and some of the jokes are funny.

They're also building up the Harry/Peter confrontation, Gwen is acting a lot like 616!Gwen, and they even mentioned Anna Watson twice. Granted I wouldn't love this serie if it wasn't for the deception that was Homecoming but still, I find this cartoon decent so far.

Gwen is acting like 616 Gwen.......until they turn her into Spider Gwen :csad:

With no romance or relationships on the show,is there any point introducing MJ

Heh, I don't know what the last episode I watched was... I tuned out a while ago. I want to say that I watched the episode with Miles becoming another Spider-Man with my 6 year old nephew.

However, yeah what TheVileOne said is correct, this show is simply a springboard for younger viewers. I'll watch whenever my nephew is watching, but it is something I will NEVER go out of my way for as it goes out of its way to remind me I'm DEFINITELY not in the target demographic...which is funny as I find myself binge watching other children's cartoons (Justice League Action).

Yeah, Venom here basically felt like another Villain of the Week, despite having a lot of build-up. Also, what's with the obsession of portraying Venom as a mindless monster that completely possesses its host? I thought Venom was scarier when the symbiote shared hatred with an equally hateful host against Spider-Man and was portrayed as a psychotic stalker.

The Mary Jane cameo was cute, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"