World Marvel's Spider-Man Coming to Disney XD

:waa:

The artwork looks fine, although reaching the "product concepts" portion reminds you that this show exists just to sell toys and merchandise.

I really just wish the show was strictly about Peter, with Miles and Gwen perhaps making appearances later on. Are they going to be a three-person team?

Just like how I thought Clone Conspiracy would be a Peter Parker event. :whatever:

Sigh.

Dan Slott is Spider-Man's worst enemy. Good thing he's not attached to this upcoming show. Oh, wait...

tumblr_mzuy29QwRt1qeak1oo1_400.gif

I like what Dan Slott did before Superior Spider-Man.
But I don't regret dropping the title after Amazing 700.

I liked everything up until the end of Superior, myself.

Vol. 3 onward has been tepid at best and mostly awful.

Why does it sound like Sam Reigal?
I lost hope in hearing good quip delivery.

They've exhausted most of their previous stories.

Also, apparently Spider-Island is likely how Miles and Gwen get involved as Wacker noted there isn't really a 'team' this time.

They need a Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends vibe for whatever reason. And yes, we know it's to sell more action figures.

Quoting myself from another thread:

I loved Spider-Island, but I think a lot of what made it so good (again IMO) was the established continuity and backstory. If you knew and appreciated it, that made the read so much better.

I think it will be much less impactful as a cartoon featuring a young Spider-Man, but there's definitely potential.

Also the concept of Superior was good IMO (and probably the last thing Slott wrote that I've enjoyed, at least for some time) and could be really interesting with a teen Peter instead of the more independent adult!

I'm kind of interested to see an animated "season" of Superior... I feel it would have to be at least the second season though. And it should definitely be at least half-a-season, not some silly story done in 2 episodes like modern Marvel cartoons might do. Sort of like TAS did with the neogenics storyline (but better hopefully).

This cartoon has potential. I'm just worried it will be sacrificed at the altar of toy sales and placated 7 year olds.

Seems just like ultimate. These marvel shows have had such ugly, bland colouring since EMH ended

Quoting myself from another thread:

I loved Spider-Island, but I think a lot of what made it so good (again IMO) was the established continuity and backstory. If you knew and appreciated it, that made the read so much better.

I think it will be much less impactful as a cartoon featuring a young Spider-Man, but there's definitely potential.

!

Well said on both counts.

Seems just like ultimate. These marvel shows have had such ugly, bland colouring since EMH ended

I'm not sure what to think of it at this point, but it's much less self-aware than USM.

I watched the two part series premiere On Demand and thought it wasn't as bad as a few of Disney XD's previous efforts but that's setting the bar pretty low. The foreshadowing and world building seem like it might be similar to the Spectacular Spider-Man as they've already introduced quite a few characters to be developed later. I guess that was a major complaint about the previous Ultimate Spider-Man series. I did like hearing Patton Oswald as the voice of Uncle Ben.

I wonder why no one is talking about this series, it ain't half bad, way better than Ultimate Spider-nonsense series. It feels like a show more than a toy commercial series like d last one.

It's decent, though Disney XD has suddenly stopped showing it constantly like it was a couple weeks back.

I wonder why no one is talking about this series, it ain't half bad, way better than Ultimate Spider-nonsense series. It feels like a show more than a toy commercial series like d last one.

There's an active thread in the Homecoming boards. I've no idea why it hasn't been moved to Spidey World yet or at least been merged with this one.

Cause moderators on this place are either busy with other sub-forums they're in charge of or stepped down as mods.

Anyway

Today's episode added more sprinkles to the Spider-Island build up, and it introduced cloning into this world.
This episode reminds me of both the Spider-Slayer arc in season 1 of the 90s cartoon and Survival of the Fittest in the Spectacular Spider-Man, with the obvious difference that Toomes actually works for Osborn on this go around instead of having his ideas robbed and him kicked out by security.

Today's episode added more sprinkles to the Spider-Island build up, and it introduced cloning into this world.

Apparently, after the Doc Ock four-parter this month, we're getting a "Spider-Island" five-part event, followed by a "Hobgoblin" two-parter to finish the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"