Homecoming Marvel's Spider-Man Costume!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the look of the costume on this cover

What_If_Vol_2_76.jpg

I think a costume just like this would be awesome in a film. Right down to the brighter colors.
moviegamesspiderman_ps1spidey.jpg

(cue the occasional opinion from one of the least active of members)
I'd be fine with something like this:
maxresdefault.jpg

The lack of webbing here makes it look sleek and flexible, but the hexagonal texture is reminiscent of the classic design. With spider logos on the front and back and the iconic red-and-blue pattern, he is still identifiable as Spider-Man to even the least knowledgeable of viewers.

The only thing I would change (and Marvel definitely would change) is the spider on the back. Not only is it exactly the same as Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which is what Marvel would take issue with) but I would prefer the classic, round looking spider logo.

I really think the hexagonal texture needs to be a new standard for spidey film suits. I'm tired of seeing the brick pattern over and over again. I'd really love to see a design similar to TASM2, but with the colors and texture of TASM 1.

(cue the occasional opinion from one of the least active of members)
I'd be fine with something like this:
maxresdefault.jpg

The lack of webbing here makes it look sleek and flexible, but the hexagonal texture is reminiscent of the classic design. With spider logos on the front and back and the iconic red-and-blue pattern, he is still identifiable as Spider-Man to even the least knowledgeable of viewers.

The only thing I would change (and Marvel definitely would change) is the spider on the back. Not only is it exactly the same as Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which is what Marvel would take issue with) but I would prefer the classic, round looking spider logo.

I like the hexagon pattern, but I don't like how the material is leathery or scaley looking which was my main problem with the ASM1 suit. The pattern looks a lot better on a more cloth like material.

But a Spider-Man suit without webbing in the red would bother me to no end. Hell it bothered me when the first Spider-Man game for the PSOne didn't have webbing on him. I don't know, it just looks cheap to me.

Last edited:
The TASM1 suit is my favorite. Not the design itself, but because to me that suit felt like it was made for Andrew Garfield. The tightness, the long spider legs, the leg stripes- all design choices made to complement Andrew's physique. It looks like an extension of himself or like a second skin in the movie.

I also love it because while its differences alienated a lot of people (including myself at first) it did create its own identity for the new franchise and also felt more like something someone could actually make. All of the other suits look like costumes made for a movie, which is exactly what they are of course but other costumes, like the Man of Steel costume for example, do not give me the same feeling. So while the TASM1 suit is just as "implausible" as the other suits it is designed in a way that makes me believe it.

So with the next costume I'm more worried about how it's going to fit the actor wearing it than whether or not it has certain design features like big eyes or small eyes.

The Amazing Spiderman 2 look was perfect. I have no clue how they'll top it.

The costume was perfect in ASM 2. I dearly hope they stick with something close to that.

Well if they have to use big eyes
Pics_Art_1423960811852.jpg

How would you guys feel if we got a costume like this?

The costume was perfect in ASM 2. I dearly hope they stick with something close to that.

Agreed. Marvel shouldn't reinvent the wheel just to be different. That's what Sony did with ASM1 and we got Spidey wearing training shoes, wearing those odd blue and red gloves, dark tinted lenses and lacking a belt.

I want it to look classic but even better than the ASM2 costume in the same way that everyone thought the ASM2 costume blew the Raimi classic one out of the water.

I didn't like the first ASM costume at all. It just didn't look great, imo. As long as the reboot costume looks better than that I will be fine

Marvel shouldn't reinvent the wheel just to be different.

Sony shouldn't reinvent the wheel (again) just to be different, you mean.

If Sony wants to go different without 'reinventing the wheel', I'd like to see something like the Superior Spider-Man suit.

The TASM1 costume had this weird thing that sometimes it looks really rubbery, and then in some different lighting really plasticy. The material this time should be like elastic fabric. Or the Raimi suit material with a hexagon pattern

The amzing spiderman 1 suit had the texture of a basketball imo lol

Amazing Spider-Man is the second best live action Spidey suit to date, imo.

I gotta say, I really liked the big eyes for ASM2 when the first image was released, but in motion didn't look so good. Maybe because Garfield was so thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"