Homecoming Marvel's version of Spider-Man HAS to include...

Here's what I think it shouldn't have... Peter Parker.

As in there's no reason we need to ever see him out of costume. This is an ensemble cast; Spidey likely won't be explored in depth anyway. Spare us all the cognitive dissonance of multiple Spideys and just keep the mask on.

Unless they take the angle the book did where Spider-Man reveals his secret identity, in which case... yeah.

I barely noticed it now but, i would like to see the theme from Spider-Man: Web of Shadows as his main theme, to me it kinda sounds like Elfman's but its fresh and new at the same time

[YT]b2e1cu2cbzI[/YT]

here's what i think it shouldn't have... Peter parker.

As in there's no reason we need to ever see him out of costume. This is an ensemble cast; spidey likely won't be explored in depth anyway. Spare us all the cognitive dissonance of multiple spideys and just keep the mask on.

Unless they take the angle the book did where spider-man reveals his secret identity, in which case... Yeah.

.....what?!

As in there's no reason we need to ever see him out of costume. This is an ensemble cast; Spidey likely won't be explored in depth anyway. Spare us all the cognitive dissonance of multiple Spideys and just keep the mask on.

Unless they take the angle the book did where Spider-Man reveals his secret identity, in which case... yeah.
GIF-Excuse-me-WTF-OMG-DAFUQ-Say-what-What-GIF.gif

A true sense of how rich Spidey's supporting cast is. I don't want Peter to be socially isolated like in Webb's films, or the supporting character being portrayed badly like MJ in Raimi's films. It includes all of the friends, the Daily Bugle cast, etc.

Norman Osborn and his Green Goblin persona done great. Raimi did it well but used him too soon.

Peter Parker and his Spider-Man personality done totally right. It's weird how this hasn't been achieved to the fullest yet. I'm talking about a combination of the likeability, humbleness of Peter Parker and the humour of Spider-Man. I'm also talking about Peter Parker's intelligence. In Raimi's films Peter simply talked nerdy and about equations and stuff without really showing his intelligence, whereas in Webb's films Peter appeared pretty dumb by stealing/buying web from Oscorp, having to Youtube how a battery works as well as having to be reminded of 8th grade physics.

A focused story with villains who aren't results of forced attempts to make them goodhearted deep down.

It's amazing to me that after 5 films they have yet to nail the duality of Peter and Spider-Man. It really doesn't seem that complicated to me yet for some reason they've managed to screw it up consistently.

In Raimi's, Peter was mostly a caricature and portrayed the nerd cliches. He often talked about how smart he was/is by referencing things he had read, "curves of quickest decent" or "some spiders can actually changes their color." That was great :o We learned he had the cognitive ability to read something, retain that knowledge and then regurgitate it. But, they never showed Peter using his smarts in a practical application. We never saw him using his intelligence to actually solve a problem. However, Peter was very likeable and Raimi very much captured the essence of 'Parker Luck' and the day to day difficulties of 'being' Peter Parker. In that sense, he was very relatable. Spider-Man on the other hand was too stiff. It felt like I was watching Peter wearing a suit. Not the duality. He had some quips but they were not memorable and were awkward.

Webb's didn't fair any better. His Parker was too cool. I found it difficult to believe that he was being picked on because of his 'nerd' status. His intelligence was portrayed well because we actually saw him attempting to use his smarts to solve problems. Successful or not, the application was there. Unfortunately it was highly irregular. He creates these tech savvy webshooters but then forgets some of the most basic science. I'm sure Raimi's Peter read all that stuff and remembered it. Should have given him a call. Peter here was too focused on his parents and often came off as unlikeable because they seemingly forgot not only about the 'parker luck'--the daily struggles of being Peter Parker, but the entire WGPcGR mantra was wishy washy. In short, he was selfish. By constrast, Webb's Spider-Man was great. He was the opposite of stiff. Very kinetic. Not all of his quips were anything special and many were just 'ok' the personality of Spider-Man was in full force. Mostly, in ASM2. I felt as though I was actually watching the character and not just Peter in a suit. Far improved over what Raimi did however not completely justified. There is much room for improvement. Much.

When you write it out, it just amazes me that they could have missed the mark so many times. Peter isn't that difficult of a character to understand nor should it be to translate to the big screen. It's often funny when I see other characters in other shows/films, i.e. Grant Gustin in Flash or Hiro in Big Hero 6, that do a better job of being 'parker-like' than the Peter in the Spidey films. Someone needs to do their homework and go read the first 50 issues or so of Amazing Spider-Man. Once they've read it. Go back and read it again. I really want to see the real Peter Parker and the real Spider-Man in the upcoming movies. He's such a great character, the duality, I just want to see him properly represented. That's my wish.

Uh...no. Worst idea ever.

If there are no stakes built up with Peter Parker there will be no investment in Spider-Man when the action kicks in. That's why Transformers is so boring, they fail to flesh out the characters so when the action kicks in you don't give a **** and that ultimately leaves you bored out of your mind despite the visuals and explosions.

I would like to see a proper take on the alien costume story, including it's transformation into Venom. First of all, I like the story. Secondly, I think it would be a good fit since the MCU already has a cosmic aspect to it.

1) all of Peter's supporting characters this time around.
2) A proper adaptation of The Black Suit storyline.
3) A Spider-Man that actually makes me laugh.
4) An emphasis on the drama that occurs from Peter trying to balance a normal life.

Personally, i would like to see

1. The inclusion of other heroes

2. Emphasis on the dual lives

3. Humor (mainly from Spidey/Peter Parker)

4. If they end up using a younger actor, they should show PP be a teenager. What I mean is actually show him doing things that a teen in highschool would do. Have him studying, trying to socialize, etc. All in all, make him seem like a believable teen that would exist in the MCU

Why? In a movie featuring all the Avengers, a number of X-Men, AND Spider-Man, why do you need to see anything other than Spider-Man?
Because you're missing the entire point of Spider-Man character.

...the origin. I need to know just how Spider-Man got his powers and why he feels responsible to use them for good. And please take as much time past the opening credits as necessary to go into as much detail.

I love the idea of a teenager Peter Parker because I believe that the missing ingredient in TASM (beyond the bad writing) is that Andrew Garfield is the PERFECT actor to play Spider-Man that got the role ten years too late.

People think he acted arrogant while Peter Parker, I feel like he played like a teenager, and that's what truly bothered people. There's a difference to root for the kid that IS a teenager and is overcoming the bullies and the man that is PLAYING a teenager overcoming the bullies. Especially when said man has superpowers and is known for dating Emma Stone.

1. Perfect Portray of Peter Parker/Spider-Man this means quipping yet clever Spider-Man and genius/nerdy Peter Parker. 2. Not too much comedy but not too much drama either. Basically take what TASM did right in comedy and fuse it what with SM did right in drama.
3. Pace every moment. Take time with each of the villains build up and origin. Don't jumble the plot with more than it can handle.
4. Skip Peter's origin if you must, reference it in a flash back no longer than 10 minutes.
-On that note, include the phrase with great power comes great responsibility
5. New Villains, you can have Norman in the background doing his stuff perhaps even have him go Dark Reign but no Goblin, Ock, Venom, Sandman, Rhino, or Electro in the the first film. Give the GA and us something fresh and new.
6. I'd say get the soundtrack right, but that's not really that big of a deal imo. But just too say it, get the soundtrack right.
7. We want Peter Parker but not too much Peter Parker. We want Spider-Man as well but not too much Spider-Man. Give the man and his alter ego equal screentime. Of course this was never a problem in previous films but one of my fears with the new film is that they may just focus on the Wpider-Man side of things and not Parker.
8. GET it right, I had like 15 more point but **** that ****. Just do this right. This is the third Spider-Man film series Sony. If you mess this up it's over. Because you can't reboot again after this. So get it right and everyones happy, screw up...I don't even wanna think about that.

some good stuff here.

Because you're missing the entire point of Spider-Man character.

Okay, point taken. You could do it with pretty much any other Marvel character, but Peter Parker is the whole point of Spider-Man in an inseparable way.

I just hate the thought of three actors playing him within the same decade. My brain doesn't like it.

It has to be like Spectacular Spider-Man if it's a teen playing Spidey and if it's and adult it has to be like 90's Spider-Man(minus the cencorship).

Okay, point taken. You could do it with pretty much any other Marvel character, but Peter Parker is the whole point of Spider-Man in an inseparable way.

I just hate the thought of three actors playing him within the same decade. My brain doesn't like it.

2002 - Maguire
2012 - Garfield
2016 - New guy

So it wouldn't be 3 actors within the same decade.

If funny, you ask people to name their favourite movies and you'll hear movies like; Matrix and T2, etc.
Ask them why those movies are their favourite and more than likely they say the action and effects. Yes, the action and effects ARE excellent, but the reason you CARE the reason you were engaged, riveted, was because the characters were fleshed out in quiet intimate moments.

Having a movie with just Spider-Man and no Peter Parker to build a connection with would be a DREADFUL idea.

i just like to see spider humor, spidey tech, the duality of spidey/pete played well, and of course good use of midtown high/ESU cast, the bugle cast, and other connections to the greater MCU.

Having a movie with just Spider-Man and no Peter Parker to build a connection with would be a DREADFUL idea.
He clearly means Civil War Spidey

Yes, I'm going on the assumption that we're talking about Captain America: Civil War since no solo movie has been announced. Obviously a solo film should have some Peter Parker in it.

Yes, I'm going on the assumption that we're talking about Captain America: Civil War since no solo movie has been announced. Obviously a solo film should have some Peter Parker in it.

the first solo movie is scheduled for a 2017 release. Marvel pushed back a good chunk of phase 3 to make room for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"