Homecoming Marvel's version of Spider-Man HAS to include...

What ever spidey doing in civil war, i cant just see spidey in costume poping up out of the blue with no ryhm or reason. We like i and others have said will likely see a scene or two of peter meeting or having some sort of interactions with cap/stark to see his views on both and why he would get invovled with either side. And then ya at least one big squence in a action scene showing off spidey being spidey. To have that wow moment in the film like quicksilver got in DOFP.

I keep forgetting that. They pushed back the debut of Black Panther a hero that most have been clamoring for for years, for Spider-Man. They're going to do it right this time.

ya it sucks for delays but they were not that far delayed only a few months. Plus for the films push backed they dont even have directors or scripts likely in place. So really its is helpful to those films getting a little more time.

The amount if Asa hype is off the charts.

And it will go back to dylan. Then another and another. To we have official casting lol.

stan-lee-hulk-o.gif

Action at the level or even better then sm2- Going to be very hard still the best action of any sm movie and CBM.
Story at or better then sm2- Can be done but no easy
A costume as good or better then asm2- Perfect costume so how do you top perfection?
A great score like asm2- best sound track in a sm movie by far and only second in soundtracks for CBM behind dark knight rises.
A great villain like sm2- Best villain in a CBM out side of joker in dark knight
A great love story like asm2- Big improvement over sm 1-3 but still could be better.
Andrew Garfield lol- But really he was perfect there is about a 99% changes that even if the next guy is good that he wont be has good has Garfield.
A peter that is in between Garfield and tobey- Tobey was to much of a nerdy and Garfield a little to cool
A funny wisecracking sm- Aka asm2 or 90's spider man, spectacular spider man.
Green goblin - but not in till like movie 3 has he has been over used so we need a break but he is one of sm best villains and I don't want to see him in less they make him look like the cartoon comic version so that is a must!
Venom- best sm villain and needs his own movie but not for a while. Give him good motivations and he can be a great villain. I guess you can say that about any villain but I didn't have a problem so much with his look or any thing in sm3 just wasn't in the movie enough.
Sinister six- But after like 4-5 movies so that way you can introduce the charaters but with out rushing them and taking your time to bullied up to it.
Kravens last hunt- I haven't really read the comics mostly just know sm from cartoons, movies and video games but from what I have heard people talk about this sounds interesting.

A good actor for Spidey, NO TEENS.
Stunning Visuals, like TASM2.
No ******** "Origin Story".

It's amazing to me that after 5 films they have yet to nail the duality of Peter and Spider-Man. It really doesn't seem that complicated to me yet for some reason they've managed to screw it up consistently.

In Raimi's, Peter was mostly a caricature and portrayed the nerd cliches. He often talked about how smart he was/is by referencing things he had read, "curves of quickest decent" or "some spiders can actually changes their color." That was great :o We learned he had the cognitive ability to read something, retain that knowledge and then regurgitate it. But, they never showed Peter using his smarts in a practical application. We never saw him using his intelligence to actually solve a problem. However, Peter was very likeable and Raimi very much captured the essence of 'Parker Luck' and the day to day difficulties of 'being' Peter Parker. In that sense, he was very relatable. Spider-Man on the other hand was too stiff. It felt like I was watching Peter wearing a suit. Not the duality. He had some quips but they were not memorable and were awkward.

Webb's didn't fair any better. His Parker was too cool. I found it difficult to believe that he was being picked on because of his 'nerd' status. His intelligence was portrayed well because we actually saw him attempting to use his smarts to solve problems. Successful or not, the application was there. Unfortunately it was highly irregular. He creates these tech savvy webshooters but then forgets some of the most basic science. I'm sure Raimi's Peter read all that stuff and remembered it. Should have given him a call. Peter here was too focused on his parents and often came off as unlikeable because they seemingly forgot not only about the 'parker luck'--the daily struggles of being Peter Parker, but the entire WGPcGR mantra was wishy washy. In short, he was selfish. By constrast, Webb's Spider-Man was great. He was the opposite of stiff. Very kinetic. Not all of his quips were anything special and many were just 'ok' the personality of Spider-Man was in full force. Mostly, in ASM2. I felt as though I was actually watching the character and not just Peter in a suit. Far improved over what Raimi did however not completely justified. There is much room for improvement. Much.

When you write it out, it just amazes me that they could have missed the mark so many times. Peter isn't that difficult of a character to understand nor should it be to translate to the big screen. It's often funny when I see other characters in other shows/films, i.e. Grant Gustin in Flash or Hiro in Big Hero 6, that do a better job of being 'parker-like' than the Peter in the Spidey films. Someone needs to do their homework and go read the first 50 issues or so of Amazing Spider-Man. Once they've read it. Go back and read it again. I really want to see the real Peter Parker and the real Spider-Man in the upcoming movies. He's such a great character, the duality, I just want to see him properly represented. That's my wish.

Always a joy and pleasure reading your posts! :) I completely agree with all of it! Webb and Raimi have nailed different parts of Spider-Man without being able to capture the whole character. I have a feeling that will change now thanks to guys like Kevin Feige though! :)

You lost that one. They've already announced he will be a teenager.
PP will be, the actor may not be. He will likely at the oldest be 25 or so. He will for sure be someone who looks like a teen though.

Always a joy and pleasure reading your posts! :) I completely agree with all of it! Webb and Raimi have nailed different parts of Spider-Man without being able to capture the whole character. I have a feeling that will change now thanks to guys like Kevin Feige though! :)

Thanks :yay: And Feige is giving me a renewed sense of hope especially when he's saying all the right things, like in that crave online interview. They gotta get the basics of the character down and Feige seems to be aware of the mishaps in the other movies. Acknowledging the mistakes and making improvements is a good start.

with all the comments kevin mentioned at his interviews the other days. It looks like they will be getting peter and spidey characterization right this time. So i cant wait to see how it all shapes up.

Since we're having a teen. HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY PLANETARY WEIGHT HEAVY INFLUENCE FROM SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN! Take everything that show did right and do it 50x better!

*grabs popcorn*I swear this butter is gonna go straight to my thighs.

written by both Drew Goddard and Joss Whedon,

directed by Joss Whedon

and Dylan as Spider-Man would be my perfect spidey movie

ahh one can dream

so would any one want at any point in the mcu/solo films to have spidey in suit chilling and eating a hotdog or something, and then of course some disruption causes him to have to stop having his meal and go into action?

A true sense of how rich Spidey's supporting cast is. I don't want Peter to be socially isolated like in Webb's films, or the supporting character being portrayed badly like MJ in Raimi's films. It includes all of the friends, the Daily Bugle cast, etc.

Norman Osborn and his Green Goblin persona done great. Raimi did it well but used him too soon.

Peter Parker and his Spider-Man personality done totally right. It's weird how this hasn't been achieved to the fullest yet. I'm talking about a combination of the likeability, humbleness of Peter Parker and the humour of Spider-Man. I'm also talking about Peter Parker's intelligence. In Raimi's films Peter simply talked nerdy and about equations and stuff without really showing his intelligence, whereas in Webb's films Peter appeared pretty dumb by stealing/buying web from Oscorp, having to Youtube how a battery works as well as having to be reminded of 8th grade physics.

A focused story with villains who aren't results of forced attempts to make them goodhearted deep down.

Favorite post in this topic. Spider-Man has the best supporting cast in superhero comics, with Batman as runner-up; they should build a movie universe that supports that. Maybe his cast is too disparate to build up in one film, but since we're having multiple films I hope that over the course of it we get a bigger picture of his social world - the Bugle, his love interests, his classmates, his relationship with the Jameson's, and later his job at Horizon Labs (if the movies go that route), and other things.

I also love what you said about his personality, and I agree about the problems with the previous portrayals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"