Homecoming Marvel's version of Spider-Man HAS to include...

Khonshu

Civilian
Reaction score
Alright, True Believers-

What are the core elements of the Spidey that we know and love that HAVE to be included in Marvel's take on the character? What do you need to see from Peter Parker to know that the movie has "gotten it right"?

We each have our own version of who this character is - I'm curious about what we are all looking for in common.

DISCUSS!

Quipping. It's one of the best parts of the character. It's tactical as well, he gets the bad guys off their game by frustrating them with his motor mouth. I want to see it done right this time, like the 90's series or TSSM.

A proper Green Goblin. Please Marvel.

Quipping. It's one of the best parts of the character. It's tactical as well, he gets the bad guys off their game by frustrating them with his motor mouth. I want to see it done right this time, like the 90's series or TSSM.
This.

JJJ-Hates-You-700x563.jpg

A true sense of how rich Spidey's supporting cast is. I don't want Peter to be socially isolated like in Webb's films, or the supporting character being portrayed badly like MJ in Raimi's films. It includes all of the friends, the Daily Bugle cast, etc.

Norman Osborn and his Green Goblin persona done great. Raimi did it well but used him too soon.

Peter Parker and his Spider-Man personality done totally right. It's weird how this hasn't been achieved to the fullest yet. I'm talking about a combination of the likeability, humbleness of Peter Parker and the humour of Spider-Man. I'm also talking about Peter Parker's intelligence. In Raimi's films Peter simply talked nerdy and about equations and stuff without really showing his intelligence, whereas in Webb's films Peter appeared pretty dumb by stealing/buying web from Oscorp, having to Youtube how a battery works as well as having to be reminded of 8th grade physics.

A focused story with villains who aren't results of forced attempts to make them goodhearted deep down.

There have been 5 movies and to varying degrees of success they pulled off the essence of Spider-Man;
The loves
The humour
The Daily Bugle staff
The vllains
The action

Little bits of each in the franchise as a whole. You will only get the definitive Spider-Man when they combine all the elements within a tightly scripted movie with visual flair and accomplished direction. I think the closest they have come is Spider-Man 2 but Spider-Man falls flat as a character in that movie so it can't be classed the 'definitive' Spider-Man movie, just the 'best' Spider-Man movie.

1) Has to be fresh, i.e. not a retread of the Raimi and Webb films

2)It has to be fun, not Nolan-lite grim and gritty stuff.

3)Peter Parker has to be the focus .

My favourite villain was Doc Ock (both look and acting) - SM2
My favourite climax was the graveyard and Goblin - SM1
My favourite action sequence was the train fight - SM2
My favourite love interest was Gwen - ASM2
My favourite supporting cast was the Bugle - SM2
My favourite Uncle Ben was Sheen - ASM
My favourite Aunt May was Fields - ASM
My favourite Peter was a mix of Toby and Andrew - SM1/ASM
My favourite Spider-Man is Garfield - ASM2
My Favourite visual style (directing) - SM2
My Favourite script - SM2
My Favourite effects - SM2
My Favourite stunts - SM2
My Favourite score - ASM2

I would be very happy if they took all the best elements I thought were excellent in all 5 movies and made the definitive 'Spider-Man' movie. Failing that I would settle for a good 'movie' full spot.

My favourite villain was Doc Ock (both look and acting) - SM2
My favourite climax was the graveyard and Goblin - SM1
My favourite action sequence was the train fight - SM2
My favourite love interest was Gwen - ASM2
My favourite supporting cast was the Bugle - SM2
My favourite Uncle Ben was Sheen - ASM
My favourite Aunt May was Fields - ASM
My favourite Peter was a mix of Toby and Andrew - SM1/ASM
My favourite Spider-Man is Garfield - ASM2
My Favourite visual style (directing) - SM2
My Favourite script - SM2
My Favourite effects - SM2
My Favourite stunts - SM2
My Favourite score - ASM2

I would be very happy if they took all the best elements I thought were excellent in all 5 movies and made the definitive 'Spider-Man' movie. Failing that I would settle for a good 'movie' full spot.

I read favorite script as asm2 whew.. nvm. They need to top Elfman's score, asm's was underwhelming and boring imo

I read favorite script as asm2 whew.. nvm. They need to top Elfman's score, asm's was underwhelming and boring imo

Elfman's scores sound too much alike. I absolutely LOVED the train sequence but it turns out that was Christopher Young not Elfman.
No composer has done what I would call the Spider-Man 'theme' although Zimmer gives it a good go with 'I am Spider-Man'. The definitive Spider-Man movie will have a Spider-Man theme.

Elfman's scores sound too much alike. I absolutely LOVED the train sequence but it turns out that was Christopher Young not Elfman.
No composer has done what I would call the Spider-Man 'theme' although Zimmer gives it a good go with 'I am Spider-Man'. The definitive Spider-Man movie will have a Spider-Man theme.

I didnt like any of the score from the tasm series personally. I am spider-man is just ok. I find most of zimmers music pretty boring actually. Think what you will about Elfman but his main theme evokes alot of spider-man-esque emotions and is the definitive theme for me at least

I didnt like any of the score from the tasm series personally. I am spider-man is just ok. I find most of zimmers music pretty boring actually. Think what you will about Elfman but his main theme evokes alot of spider-man-esque emotions and is the definitive theme for me at least

Each to their, Elfman's scores sound 'samey'. I loved his Hulk score, though.

Each to their, Elfman's scores sound 'samey'. I loved his Hulk score, though.

I mean most composers have a similar style, rehash old stuff. Like Christopher Young that you brought up earlier was criticized for rehashing his hellraiser music. But hey if it works, it works. Im just a sucker for sweeping, thematic and memorable scores

the fun loving jokester who quips. And i really like to see they get the shy/smart/loner right with peter. Also i really love to see more spidey tech like spider light, tracers, and different types of webbing.

Has to include...Dylan O'Brien as Spider-Man! Ha, just kidding. Quipping for sure and I want to see Peter done right. I wasn't a fan of Tobey or Andrew's Peter.

Quipping, monologues, the night gwen stacy died done properly.

Quipping, monologues, the night gwen stacy died done properly.

If they redo the night Gwen Stacy died I'm not watching it in theatres. I've already seen it and I'm not paying to see it again.

Well if it was to happen again. This likely be a good 5 to 8 yrs likely. So I say enough time has passed.

A true sense of how rich Spidey's supporting cast is. I don't want Peter to be socially isolated like in Webb's films, or the supporting character being portrayed badly like MJ in Raimi's films. It includes all of the friends, the Daily Bugle cast, etc.

Norman Osborn and his Green Goblin persona done great. Raimi did it well but used him too soon.

Peter Parker and his Spider-Man personality done totally right. It's weird how this hasn't been achieved to the fullest yet. I'm talking about a combination of the likeability, humbleness of Peter Parker and the humour of Spider-Man. I'm also talking about Peter Parker's intelligence. In Raimi's films Peter simply talked nerdy and about equations and stuff without really showing his intelligence, whereas in Webb's films Peter appeared pretty dumb by stealing/buying web from Oscorp, having to Youtube how a battery works as well as having to be reminded of 8th grade physics.

A focused story with villains who aren't results of forced attempts to make them goodhearted deep down.

tumblr_inline_near2vs9Di1rbc4ck.gif

Especially regarding Peter/Spidey.

1. Perfect Portray of Peter Parker/Spider-Man this means quipping yet clever Spider-Man and genius/nerdy Peter Parker. 2. Not too much comedy but not too much drama either. Basically take what TASM did right in comedy and fuse it what with SM did right in drama.
3. Pace every moment. Take time with each of the villains build up and origin. Don't jumble the plot with more than it can handle.
4. Skip Peter's origin if you must, reference it in a flash back no longer than 10 minutes.
-On that note, include the phrase with great power comes great responsibility
5. New Villains, you can have Norman in the background doing his stuff perhaps even have him go Dark Reign but no Goblin, Ock, Venom, Sandman, Rhino, or Electro in the the first film. Give the GA and us something fresh and new.
6. I'd say get the soundtrack right, but that's not really that big of a deal imo. But just too say it, get the soundtrack right.
7. We want Peter Parker but not too much Peter Parker. We want Spider-Man as well but not too much Spider-Man. Give the man and his alter ego equal screentime. Of course this was never a problem in previous films but one of my fears with the new film is that they may just focus on the Wpider-Man side of things and not Parker.
8. GET it right, I had like 15 more point but **** that ****. Just do this right. This is the third Spider-Man film series Sony. If you mess this up it's over. Because you can't reboot again after this. So get it right and everyones happy, screw up...I don't even wanna think about that.

Like others said, get Peter right. Tobey Maguire had the sincerity, but too little quippage. Andrew Garfield came off like a d*ck to me as Peter in the first ASM and his Spidey seemed juvenile. His Spidey was a little better in ASM2.

To me, Dylan O'Brien playing Peter Parker/Spider-Man written and directed by Joss Whedon would be perfect!

1) New villains like Mysterio and Kraven

2) A healthy romantic relationship. None of the "can they stay together" drama.

3) Joe and Randy Robertson. They've been ignored for far too long.

Seeing how we're going back to High School , I would like to see the whole gang back together , Harry , Flash and both Gwen and Mary Jane ,

maybe not so much as pivotal character , but just kinda hanging around in the back ground

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"