The Amazing Spider-Man Mary Jane Watson Cameo Ideas

iGiFF

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/165111--the-amazing-spider-man-is-looking-for-a-red-head

It is speculated that Mary Jane may be featured in "The Amazing Spider-Man" as a cameo. What are some ideas for how she could appear in the movie? I have some.

- When Peter is leaving his house we see a girl with red hair turned to her back outside the house next door.

- Later in the film we see a girl with red hair turned to her back again in the school hallways.

They should go about it as easter eggs and show her in ways that make it noticeable to the audience but not contrived.

I wouldn't mind if she was in Peter's class, and comes up to him to ask for help on something. We'd know it's her, but the general audience wouldn't. The teacher could say "sit down, Mary Jane."... quick 20 second cameo? >.>

I wouldn't mind if she was in Peter's class, and comes up to him to ask for help on something.

I don't want her actually having a presence in the film. Especially if they decide to recast it in a sequel with a more well known actress. The reason I would hope that they don't show her face is because it leaves it up in the air whether or not it is her and it is like the comics where they never showed her face.

Thing is, the casting call said *beautiful* redhead. If we're only going to see her back or something, why would that matter?

her opening pose as part of an amusement park arcarde machine, with her voice saying 'face it tiger, you've just hit the jackpot' when he wins it.

simple and non-intruisive. and that could be her first modelling gig and the reason she becoems so popular later on in the story.

her infamous line could then be ironic and quirky.

If there's going to be a cameo, I want to see build-up, like Aunt May talking about Anna Watson's niece.
Then the classic Mary Jane introduction recreated in a post-credits scene :woot:

A post credits scene which is a recreation of Mary Jane's first appearence would be the best thing ever. O_O

I want a scene like the one from Spectacular Spider-Man at the very end of the film.

Aunt May tells Peter she invited Mary Jane over for dinner. Peter moans as the doorbell rings, he opens to the door to MJ with her classic line. Jaw drops. Credits play.

Ya know, something to open up the sequel.

^^ So, basically like the comics, lol. Though, Anna Watson was there in the comics.

@socool: Wasn't that exactly the same as the comics? With the only difference being that MJ comes to their house, as opposed to them going to hers? lol

^^ So, basically like the comics, lol. Though, Anna Watson was there in the comics.

Is that how it happened in the comics? I never read that era of comics.

So, like the comics then. OR! Someone mentioned an amusement park. If there was a scene at an amusement park, I would love it if Gwen and Peter went there and Peter wins the top prize at a game and the person behind the counter is MJ who says "Face it, Tiger, you just hit the jackpot." as she hands him the prize.

That could work IF there was an amusement park in the movie.

Are they killing off Gwen? Either way, I don't know if they would want to do too much with her yet.

What is with all of these threads??? :dry:

"All of these threads"?... it's about another character. We've got one for Peter/Andrew and Gwen/Emma, so why not for a possible cameo?

There's threads for almost every major character in all of the CBM forums on here.

I want a scene like the one from Spectacular Spider-Man at the very end of the film.

Aunt May tells Peter she invited Mary Jane over for dinner. Peter moans as the doorbell rings, he opens to the door to MJ with her classic line. Jaw drops. Credits play.

Ya know, something to open up the sequel.

Don't you think that would be a little disrespectful to Emma Stone (moreso her character?).

If Peter spent the entire movie getting close to Gwen Stacy introducing Mary-Jane in that sort of way would be a little ridiculous.

Well, not if she breaks up with him or something... >_>

Just to get back together with him and die in the next film? That's too much emotional hoo-hah, even for Webb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"