Sequels Shailene Woodley In Talks For Mary Jane Watson

She apparently IS that girl from The Secret Life, but I've never seen a second of that show. I have seen her in The Descendants, and she was great in that movie - plenty of attitude and vulnerability. Just from that performance, I can easily see why they'd go for her for MJ. As I said in another thread, I don't think she has the ideal look for MJ, but I don't think it's a bad choice at all.

She's awful on it, but so is every other actor in the cast. The writing is just toxically bad. Everyone on camera is clearly bored stiff/suffering from immense self-hate for being a part of it.

I've watched more of it than I care to admit, and God help me, I can't get that time back. :csad:

so, now that we got a possible name attached to the role...

what are some icon trademark looks/style/outfits that you associate with MJ, that you'd like to see to really make her recognizable as MJ...

Stone's transformation into Gwen was very well handled, everything from the hair styles to cloth, she really captured that Gwen feel...

so, what, to you, would give this girl (or anyone else, if she doesn't end up getting it) that MJ feel?

so, now that we got a possible name attached to the role...

what are some icon trademark looks/style/outfits that you associate with MJ, that you'd like to see to really make her recognizable as MJ...

Stone's transformation into Gwen was very well handled, everything from the hair styles to cloth, she really captured that Gwen feel...

so, what, to you, would give this girl (or anyone else, if she doesn't end up getting it) that MJ feel?
Emma Stone pre-Gwen transformation

So we're never going to get an MJ that oozes sex appeal huh?

Pervert.=p and also, for the sake of argument:

Shailene%252520Woodley%252520Hot%25255B2%25255D.jpg

And I whipped this up earlier:

MaryJaneWoodley.png

It's obvious they're going for the more sarcastic, mousy MJ from Ultimate.

She's awful on it, but so is every other actor in the cast. The writing is just toxically bad. Everyone on camera is clearly bored stiff/suffering from immense self-hate for being a part of it.

I've watched more of it than I care to admit, and God help me, I can't get that time back. :csad:

I hate to admit, but I've seen that show too because of a female friend with particularly bad taste.

And yes, everyone on it is awful
But she is downright painful to watch "act"
That show literally makes me want to start a genocide

This would be terrible casting imo, she's way too young looking, and I haven't seen descendents (mainly cuz it pisses me off they stole an excellent band's name..lol jk) so I can't say I have any confidence whatsoever in her ability to make me not hate her as an actress.

If anything, I always pictured MJ as being a little older and more sophisticated than Peter
They need someone with that worldly feel to her.

I hate to admit, but I've seen that show too because of a female friend with particularly bad taste.

And yes, everyone on it is awful
But she is downright painful to watch "act"
That show literally makes me want to start a genocide

This would be terrible casting imo, she's way too young looking, and I haven't seen descendents (mainly cuz it pisses me off they stole an excellent band's name..lol jk) so I can't say I have any confidence whatsoever in her ability to make me not hate her as an actress.

If anything, I always pictured MJ as being a little older and more sophisticated than Peter
They need someone with that worldly feel to her.

There you go.

[YT]7b2T-OINJPo[/YT]

[YT]8pw9ON4eDyk&feature=relmfu[/YT]

Last edited:
I have no question about her acting ability and I don't give a crap about her looks really, I'm just curious on if she's gonna look old enough and if her voice sounds old enough.

This girl, Shaliene Woodley, I've heard very bad things about her, from different sources that she was the worst thing about that hammy show Secret Life. And, sorry Shaliene, but I will forever hold a grudge against that show for replacing one of my fave shows, Kyle XY just when it was getting good!
Sorry if people like her but this was not what I wanted anyway, I didn't particularly want some 'teenybopper' star from some Disney style teen show, that was exactly what I didn't want for MJ. I was hoping for a somewhat accomplished actress who has acted in a broader range of TV/ film, someone who has done more than family drama and solidified themselves as versatile. Really, I was hoping for someone perhaps foreign or someone who has made a storm somewhere else with their acting but not the typical tabloid darling, but someone most don't know to wow us as Mary Jane.

Shaliene doesn't have any unique star power as far as I'm concerned, is just one of these typical teeny-bopper starlets in TV shows. If she's cast it will be a mistake as far as I see it. She also looking too young to the point that it would be sickiening to watch her and Andrew play romantic interests on screen. I think males being much older is just as bad as women being much older (e.g. Amy Adams.) It isn't just that too, Andrew and Shaliene look soooo similar, it would be downright creepy to see because everyone would expect her to say, 'Hey! I'm your long-lost sister!' But then again, it's not like anyone other than the director ever gets a say in these things.... unfortunately.

Last edited:
This girl, Shaliene Woodley, I've heard very bad things about her, from different sources that she was the worst thing about that hammy show Secret Life. And, sorry Shaliene, but I will forever hold a grudge against that show for replacing one of my fave shows, Kyle XY just when it was getting good!
Sorry if people like her but this was not what I wanted anyway, I didn't particularly want some 'teenybopper' star from some Disney style teen show, that was exactly what I didn't want for MJ. I was hoping for a somewhat accomplished actress who has acted in a broader range of TV/ film, someone who has done more than family drama and solidified themselves as versatile. Really, I was hoping for someone perhaps foreign or someone who has made a storm somewhere else with their acting but not the typical tabloid darling, but someone most don't know to wow us as Mary Jane.

Shaliene doesn't have any unique star power as far as I'm concerned, is just one of these typical teeny-bopper starlets in TV shows. If she's cast it will be a mistake as far as I see it. But then again, it's not like anyone other than the director ever gets a say in these things....

Exactly.. The director that gave us Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. Have some faith man. Not to mention, I've heard more than anything that the WRITING, on Secret Life was the worst part, and bad writing can make just about any actor/actress seem pretty bad.

Last edited:

Shaliene doesn't have any unique star power as far as I'm concerned, is just one of these typical teeny-bopper starlets in TV shows. If she's cast it will be a mistake as far as I see it. But then again, it's not like anyone other than the director ever gets a say in these things....

I guarantee you that Sony didn't hire her because of that Disney show.

I gather from your post you haven't seen the Decendants.

she's cute but, she kinda looks like andrew. like they could probably play siblings on film. and in real life.

Ive never seen the show she's one but based on those 2 clips, she's a solid actress. She does seem young there, but by the time they actually shoot the film, it will have been a couple years since that. Hollywood transformations and whatnot, she could fit right in with Andrew & Emma.

We suddenly have more in common than a like for TWD. My fiancé is why I've seen far too much Secret Life.
Personally I didn't care for Woodley in The Descendents either, but not because she acted terribly, I just hate how she always seems to play very b****y girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"