Mask Of The Phantasm Appreciation Thread

This is THE Batman movie IMO. Enjoyed it more than Burton's films, Schumacher has NOTHING on this film, and Nolan's film's yet good aren't as interesting and intriguing as this film.

IMHO BEST BATMAN MOVIE EVER.

i dont know why, but im constantly amazed at how fans can like a cartoon more then any live action films. just interesting.

i dont know why, but im constantly amazed at how fans can like a cartoon more then any live action films.

It's easy.

The writing and characterization is MUCH better in the BTAS.

i dont know why, but im constantly amazed at how fans can like a cartoon more then any live action films. just interesting.
It's just like a movie just animated. It gives more options than in a live action film with just as much if not MORE characterization in MOTP.

yeah, i see what you mean. i guess you have to be a more of a comic book fan to really enjoy the cartoons more, but even though they are well done animated movies and shows, i still prefer to watch, say, the tim burton movies, since that is what inspired the creators to even make a batman TV show.

yeah, i see what you mean. i guess you have to be a more of a comic book fan to really enjoy the cartoons more, but even though they are well done animated movies and shows, i still prefer to watch, say, the tim burton movies, since that is what inspired the creators to even make a batman TV show.
To each his own then :word:

Why?
The writing was better than Burtons and Joel Schumacher's movie, the movie has hart, it conveys emotion better than either of there movies, the dark deco looks better stylized than Burtons and Schumacher, the voice acting is excellent, and certain scenes work immensely better animated than they would if they were live, such as when he puts on the mask for the first time, it is a simple black silhouet, all you see is the eyes, then the shape shifts across the screen like it is part of the background, if your an adolescent kid, this movie doesn't treat you like a fool, it's not a Disney sing along, they present it as proper drama, it's a shame we don't have more cartoons like this.

2128jw6.jpg

Brilliant movie, should have fully released this in the cinema instead of batman and robin.

if I recall correctly, Mask of the Phantasm WAS in theatres (at least at the dollar show which is where I viewed it for the first time before it came out on VHS).

Anyone remember if it was released in standard theatres?

if I recall correctly, Mask of the Phantasm WAS in theatres (at least at the dollar show which is where I viewed it for the first time before it came out on VHS).

Anyone remember if it was released in standard theatres?

No, it wasn't fully released, it was something like a week.

Why?
The writing was better than Burtons

thats total opinion. no doubt the writing was good for MOTP, but i thought burtons movies, especially Returns, was just as good if not better then any of the BTAS stuff. where else do you think BTAS writers got inpiration for the show? burtons movies seemed to have inlfuenced both the look, style and tone of the show. even on the commentary of volume 1 of BTAS, the creators say so, or something to that effect. i still believe the finale of MOTP is just a rip of the Returns ending.

i think alot of the reason why "fanboys" like the show alot is BECAUSE its a cartoon, and looks like the comic books, and its easier to make a animated movie/show look better then a movie sometimes, because in a movie you have to make the unreal real, and sometimes it doesnt quite work in reality. but in a cartoon world, it suddenly becomes more real. so IMO its easier to do a comic book movie in animated form because its easier to believe in then in a reality based movie with real actors. cartoons art very art deco, very specific, easier to manipulate. for me, burtons movies mixed the unreal with the real very very well. it took elements from the comics and mixed them with the real, and i think he made it work just as good as any of the BTAS episodes or movies.

The reason why I like it is it explores things about Batman and Bruce. Even the villains and it's tragic. I love those things particularly the stuff about Bruce.

Angeloz

i still believe the finale of MOTP is just a rip of the Returns ending.

How do you get that? Just because Bruce ends up alone?

not that it was EXACTLY like Returne ending, but it had a VERY similiar vibe to it. the 3 characters, 1 that killed her (or in this case, her father), she wants revenge, batman urges her to stay, she doesnt listen, she takes joker (obviously has her revenge), batman cant find her, and hes alone once again.

not that it was EXACTLY like Returne ending, but it had a VERY similiar vibe to it. the 3 characters, 1 that killed her (or in this case, her father), she wants revenge, batman urges her to stay, she doesnt listen, she takes joker (obviously has her revenge), batman cant find her, and hes alone once again.
You just can't help but compare everything to Burton?
TROLL.

and you just cant help being a little immature loser? I call TROLL.

Saw this when I was real young, thought it was freaking brilant.

I would love to see another movie done by The TAS guys like this, maybe with the new DC DVD's well get something close to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"