Mass Shootings/killings in America: the All Inclusive Thread

Football and shootings

Talk about perfectly blending two American traditions

Sad that this is who we are now. :(

The most insane tweet to the parade shooting i saw so far, came from a Politican who argued that you shouldnt take peoples guns away because a good guy with a gun COULD have prevented this.

Like, okay but didnt...it were unarmed Civilians in a sea of people who call themself "good guys with guns".
How is a fictional scenario of "Could have" an argument?

You literally had cops there, people who carried guns...and the people who stopped a shooting were the ones who didnt carry any gun at all?
How do you bring the "good guy with a gun" argument into this when it completely failed as an argument?

we are halfway through my oldest son’s junior year of high school and so far he has been on lockdown twice. Once because of an active shooter call that turned out to be a swatting incident, and now yesterday because of a shooting across the street from his school. One of his friends’ windshields was shot out in the line of fire of the shooting yesterday.

10770825777974.jpg

You can see two taken into custody^

Woman shot and killed identified as Lisa Lopez-Galvan mother of two.

Lisa Lopez-Galvan was celebrating the Chiefs’ 2024 Super Bowl win with family members, including her husband Mike, son Marc and daughter Adriana when she was fatally shot.

Last edited:
Last edited:
There was a false alarm at my workplace two days ago. A text warning went out about an active threat behind the store. It was canceled soon after but we never heard anything more about it. Supposedly we were supposed to hear from management.

The most insane tweet to the parade shooting i saw so far, came from a Politican who argued that you shouldnt take peoples guns away because a good guy with a gun COULD have prevented this.

Like, okay but didnt...it were unarmed Civilians in a sea of people who call themself "good guys with guns".
How is a fictional scenario of "Could have" an argument?

You literally had cops there, people who carried guns...and the people who stopped a shooting were the ones who didnt carry any gun at all?
How do you bring the "good guy with a gun" argument into this when it completely failed as an argument?
It's also a failed argument because it presupposes that in an active shooter situation, the "good guys" and "bad guys" will be immediately and correctly identified as such.

Citizen Joes do not receive Active Shooter trainihg and therefore shouldn't be expected to handle such things. Its a big ask.

Citizen Joes do not receive Active Shooter trainihg and therefore shouldn't be expected to handle such things. Its a big ask.
Looking at the Cop that emptied his Magazine into his Police car because he thought the sound of a Acorn hitting his car was a gunshot...i dont think anybody in America gets an active Shooter training.
I get the feeling that every person in america who has a gun, is rather useless.

It's also a failed argument because it presupposes that in an active shooter situation, the "good guys" and "bad guys" will be immediately and correctly identified as such.
There have been a few "good guy with a gun" who "gets shot to death by cops that did not know he was a good guy with a gun" stories already further debunking this lunatic theory.

There have been a few "good guy with a gun" who "gets shot to death by cops that did not know he was a good guy with a gun" stories already further debunking this lunatic theory.
Yep. This, too. I wouldn't want to get caught in the middle of anything.

I was just going to say the exact same thing, that would be the next damn problem when the police arrive on scene. They have no clue who anyone is, you've then got to waste their time pleading & explaining to them that you're not the shooter, that's IF they don't shoot you accidentally on the premise that you're running in an active shooter zone with a firearm thinking you're Dirty Harry.. that's not even taking into consideration any confusion between 'good guys'.

The time wasted sorting all that nonsense out the real shooter could have killed another bunch of people or escaped the area completely.

Poor thing. :( What was mom thinking?
She was not in her right mind at all and had little to no control over what she did compounded by the fact Texas makes it easy to get a gun, danger to yourself and society or not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"