Mattchew's Fanart Thread...

Mattchew

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hey all...
I've been entering the monthly contests for a while now, and have done a few extra pics here and there so I figured I'd start a thread to post all the stuff I do I one place. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Here's my entry from last November's dino-themed fan art contest... A raptor as Robin:

raptor_robin.jpg

Here's my entry for the contest to make a splash page... Basically it's an excuse to mock the ****ty 'Catwoman' movie:

mdob_splash.jpg

Here's my entry for the 'X3' themed contest...

phoenixes.jpg

Here's my entry for June's 'Superman' themed contest...

superman.jpg

Here's my entry for July's contest where the idea was to do a take on an iconic moment from a movie or comic...

batcat.jpg

Here's my take on Strom I did for August's free for all contest...
For anyone who watched the 6th or 7th seasons of 'Big Brother' in the States, I kinda had Janelle in mind while doing this one.

storm.jpg

Here's just a random Human Torch pic I did...

torch.jpg

Again, here's a random pic I did of goth Supergirl...

sup_girl.jpg

Mattchew said:
Here's my entry for July's contest where the idea was to do a take on an iconic moment from a movie or comic...

batcat.jpg

I love your style! I adore this one! Espcecially since it's one of my favourite scene in the movie.

i love it too .. your work is very good .. quite a talent

Thanks alot! My favorite female character in comics is catwoman, so im glad you like that pic.... its one of my favorite parts from 'returns' as well.

Here's a pic I did becasue I wanted to do a Nightcrawler pic, but thought it would be funny to do him as a *****ie surfer guy...

nightcrawler.jpg

Yeah Catwoman is one of my all time favourite character.
I would love to see your own version of her though.

P.S That's a cute Nightcrawler:up: :up: nice touch with the x on the surf trunk, would've been cool-er if you added the surfboard.:O

Psionic Force said:
Awesome stuff! Any others?

Well, since you asked... till now I have been posting only stuff related to comics that I've done in Photoshop. Here's a pic of a 'Drunken Santa' card I mass produced (I made around 40) for my friends and (non-FOX-News-watching) family this past December:

santa.jpg

As you MIGHT be able to tell, X-Mas... Not my favorite holiday. I did the initial drawing with markers and each body part was seperate on the page. I had color copies made on heavy paper. Then I spent endless hours (about 15 mins per card) constructing them: the arms and legs dangle back and forth AND when you pull his hat he pukes... Happy Holidays!

Mattchew said:
Well, since you asked... till now I have been posting only stuff related to comics that I've done in Photoshop. Here's a pic of a 'Drunken Santa' card I mass produced (I made around 40) for my friends and (non-FOX-News-watching) family this past December:

santa.jpg

As you MIGHT be able to tell, X-Mas... Not my favorite holiday. I did the initial drawing with markers and each body part was seperate on the page. I had color copies made on heavy paper. Then I spent endless hours (about 15 mins per card) constructing them: the arms and legs dangle back and forth AND when you pull his hat he pukes... Happy Holidays!

that is pretty cool!

MJD said:
Is he based of Welling. I got that vibe when I first saw it

Actaully a guy I know... who kinda looks like Tom Welling... So yeah... kinda.

Here's a pic of my November fanart contest submission to design a sidekick for a hero/villian.

As I'm obsessed with Catwoman, this was my take... Giving her a troop of skanks that kick ass...

cat_and_kit.jpg

Here's a pic of this year's xmas card... The idea was to have Santa and Jesus arm wrestling... not sure why exactly, but what are you gonna do.

DSC00469-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"