Mattchew's Halloween Costume Thread, 2007 edition.

Wow, just went through this thread, and all I can say is fantastic job! Cannot wait to see the final product.

that sucks! Hope you feel better soon! Last year on the 25th I was in the hospital for 2 days with a deadly spiderbite...so everyone be careful on the 25th next year!

gash that sucks! i was really looking foward to how it wld turn out. cant wait to see the finished mask and hope you get to feeln better:yay:

bad news all...

i spent 10 hours in the emergency room last night, only to find out I have a kidney stone... they hurt, btw.

as a result, I never will actually wear this costume. I will, however finish the mask just so I can say I did.

halloween is ruined... but im not dead, which seemed like a potential outcome to me at one point last night... so I guess there's always next year.

I will post pics of the final on the mask and all, but im thinking it will be in a week or so once this demon-stone passes.

until then, I have a date with percocet and those 'Rome' dvds that have been collecting dust.

God. That sucks man.

I still think you should finish it and take a picture with it on.

Feel better.

bad news all...

i spent 10 hours in the emergency room last night, only to find out I have a kidney stone... they hurt, btw.

as a result, I never will actually wear this costume. I will, however finish the mask just so I can say I did.

halloween is ruined... but im not dead, which seemed like a potential outcome to me at one point last night... so I guess there's always next year.

I will post pics of the final on the mask and all, but im thinking it will be in a week or so once this demon-stone passes.

until then, I have a date with percocet and those 'Rome' dvds that have been collecting dust.
jeez la weez that sucks, hope ya get better soon:yay:

s*** man sorry to hear I had kidney problems when i was younger and I know anything in that region hurts tonnes!!! hope u get better soon dewd

screw halloween, you're more important. hope you get better man :(

sorry to hear that mattchew, get better. :up:

Unreal!

You sir, are quite an artist! I can't wait to see more of your WIP. :D

Dude, that sucks. Sorry to hear about the kidney stone. Hopefully you get to feeling better soon.

Screw that getting better crap, get working on the mask......

......Just kidding, get better man.

well bringing this thread to a close...

I've actually had these pics for a while now, but I've been so busy playing catch-up after being knocked out on pain pills for a week and half that I didn't even have a chance to transfer em to my PC.

anyway here's the final in progress pics...

So here's my 'junk-cover'. I died burlap and cut it up into strips and hot glued it onto a belt. I also bought some ladies boots at a thrift shop so I filled in the heal with cardboard and then taped em up with black duck tape when I gut dressed up...

pred_28.jpg

Here's the first step of paint. I actually layered on a lot of colors so there are some subtle color variation to make it look a bit more organic. In the second pic the dreadlocks have been hot glued on.

pred_29.jpg

Here's two pics of the final paint, where I've blended the black of the dread roots into the forehead...

pred_33.jpg

One post to go... I have pics of me at a party wearing the (incomplete) costume. Let me know what you think.

FINAL UPDATE (sadly).

Given my crazy kidney stone pain, I never got the make the armor. Regardless, I did wear my partial costume to a party... Btw, without the armor, I was basically in underwear. Opps.

Anyway, here are the pics:

The first is a pic of my bud Kyle and I. He went as Ray Finkle from 'Ace Ventura'... 'One HELLLLLLLLLL of a model American'. The second 2 are of my friend Molly and I. She went as crazy-Brittney. In the first one she's beating me with an umbrella and in the second I'm biting her a$$... She's clearly loving that idea.

pred_30.jpg

Predator like Rolling Rock... Look for this revelation in the new 'AVP' sequel. (Sadly, this is just a posed picture... I had to endure wearing this costume stone-cold sober cause I was on pain medication).

pred_31.jpg

Finally, here's a full body pic RIGHT after I got done 'dressing'. My cheap-as-hell face nails had yet to fall off, and my body paint was still in the initial condition. Oddly enough, my eyes are glowing red. Huh.

pred_32.jpg

lol why does it feel like you're often shirtless on Halloween? Are you trying to tell us something here? ;)

The costume looks great though, major congrats :up:

glad you're back on your feet

grat job

though it kinda reminds me of abe from abe's oddessy

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity