Matthew Vaughn In Talks To Direct "Flash Gordon"

KingsWatch01CovLaming.jpg

Matthew Vaughn, savior of the universe?

....The studio picked up the project almost a year ago, with John Davis*and*King Features producing. Davis spent more than a year acquiring the rights from the Hearst Corporation.
This is great, now that they've secured Flash Gordon, maybe they can secure rights to the Phantom too! As well as Mandrake & Lothar so down the line Vaughn can do a King Features shared universe.
He'd really be perfect for them.

The visual of Gordon's ship landing at the Phantom's Skull Cave would be incredible!

Last edited:
Hopefully this wouldn't rule him out of directing the real Flash :cwink:

giphy.gif

It's really corny, and outrageously camp, but fun.
Plot is pretty straight forward, acting is..., well it fits the tone.

Trailer and theme is pretty genuine to the spirit of what you'll get.
[YT]OROLRvKamdE[/YT]

This is their take on an epic battle scene and the extent of the FX, if that looks enjoyable to you defiantly watch it, it's fun, if it looks ridiculous it's cause it is!
[YT]Y6B9nkrSuMI[/YT]

I honestly hope any new version goes in a different direction. ...at least not as campy.

I'm always up for some corniness, so maybe I'll check it out.

It would be nice if the new one went for a more straightforward tone since we already have a corny one, but they may want to go for that Guardians of the Galaxy feel.

You know who would be perfect? Joe mangianello. He has the physique and I feel like he could deal with it with a sense of humour

I don't know about a bearded Flash, though...:thf:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"