Matt's Thread of Racing...

Darlington should be interesting this week. I heard the new pavement was causing these cars to drive at record speeds in the test sessions. I like Edwards to win because he has been dominant on the intermediate tracks this year. The Gibbs cars should do well also because of the Toyota horsepower.

I love nascar, anyone watching the Winston tonight?

And I love to collect the cars.
Met Toney Stewart. :up: and I have a Kevin Harvick memorial above my bed.

2mqvyux.jpg

280jfbk.jpg

ea14zl.jpg

23jqpnc.jpg

4gmaud.jpg

I was at the Coke 600, some dumbass started a fight in my section.

Gordon and Johnson will have a bit of a slide this year. Hendrick will me more focused on his new boy Dale Jr.

I don't expect Stewart, Hamlin or Ky.Busch to win the championship in their first year in Toyota. Stewart won't win untill July, Hamlin will probably get a victory at Pocono, New Hampshire or Phoenix. Ky. Busch is going to try too damn hard to finish good and will end up wrecking. He'll be 10th at best if he makes the chase.

I think this years champion will be an underdog. Someone like Carl Edwards.

^^This is what I said at the beggining of the year.

1. Gordon and Johnson only have 1 victory between the two of them.

2. I still don't think Toyota will win the Championship. Chevorlet will make a strong surge in the second half. Stewart still hasn't won.(He will in July) Hamlin won at Martinsville. He loves the flat tracks. Pocono, New Hampshire and Phoenix are just like Martinsville in terms of banking. The only thing I was wrong about was Kyle Busch. He's absolutley dominating the sport this year.

3. I still think Carl Edwards will win the Championship.

Road racing from Sonoma this week. That means it's time for the ringers to get involved. Look for strong efforts from the usual suspects(Said, Fellows, Pruett, Simo) but I think the winner will come from this grouping, (J. Gordon, Robby Gordon, J.P. Montoya, Stewart). For surprises, look out for Jaime McMurray and Dale Earnhardt Jr, who both have shown significant improvement on road courses. Don't forget Kevin Harvick either. He has won a road race recently and is pretty strong on these tracks also.

Does that mean he'll fail in the chase? :o

He's gonna have at least a 40 point lead or more on second place when the chase starts. Unless Carl Edwards, Kasey Kahne or a driver with one win starts winning the next 7 races, he'll have a huge margin and could just run consistent through the 10 races in the chase.

Jeff Gordon Will Win the Championship this year. You'll see. He'll be like Terry Labonte when he only won 1 race but won the championship.
NASCAR already cheated Jeff out of two championships. It's time he got one back.

Jeff Gordon Will Win the Championship this year. You'll see. He'll be like Terry Labonte when he only won 1 race but won the championship.
NASCAR already cheated Jeff out of two championships. It's time he got one back.
Though I wish this would Happen, It won't. He just isn't good this year. he did crappy at the geln! the glen! and he's great at Road Courses. Maybe Next Year.

Kyle Bush is Unstoppable :csad:

Though I wish this would Happen, It won't. He just isn't good this year. he did crappy at the geln! the glen! and he's great at Road Courses. Maybe Next Year.

Kyle Bush is Unstoppable :csad:

Gordon had a communication problem at the Glen though. He would have been running in the top 10 if that didn't happen. Dale Jr also would have been running near the front if he would have pitted when everyone else did. If Gordon wins in the next 4 races it will serve as a momentum boost for the Chase. Look at Clint Bowyer last season. Barely made it in the chase, started 12th in points(with no wins) and won the following week. He then finished 3rd in the points. As far as i'm concerned, Kyle Busch hasn't won anything yet. He could fall out of the race at New Hampshire and run mediocre the rest of the way. I still think the championship is going to Carl Edwards.

Pics from my seats at the 3M 400 from Michigan International Speedway:

misaugust2008kp7.jpg

misaugust20082zi1.jpg

misaugust20085ya8.jpg

misaugust20084yu6.jpg

Pretty good seats. I've been to Bristol, Martinsville and Dover. I seen Paul Menard in Applebee's last weekend when they were at Watkins Glen.

The Race to the Chase is gearing up to be a wild one. It's pretty tight from 8th to 14th.

^Yup - I'd like to see Michigan put lights in and do a Saturday night race - that would bring in a ton more business.

Should be a tight one to the finish.

Kyle Busch is such sore loser. I mean, the guy has every right to be upset since he led three quarters of the race and lost, but to be upset for the way Carl raced him is unbelievable. How many times have you seen him bump someone out of the way? Edwards brought up the Richmond Nationwide race. I was starting to gain respect for the kid the past couple of months. But know i'm starting to lose it.

I thought it was a boring race. There were only 3 people who led. That's unusual for Bristol.

California this weekend. I like Greg Biffle to take the checkered flag.

I thought it was a boring race. There were only 3 people who led. That's unusual for Bristol.
I think it's because of that COT......i'm stareting to not like that car.....It's making the cars in the restrictor plate races spread out...whic is a big no no. and plus the short teack races have less crashes and less bumping and suck....sure there's plenty but meh....

I think it's because of that COT......i'm stareting to not like that car.....It's making the cars in the restrictor plate races spread out...whic is a big no no. and plus the short teack races have less crashes and less bumping and suck....sure there's plenty but meh....

I don't think it was the COT. The reason Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards led so much was because they had nothing to lose. They can drive as hard as they want. Gordon led like one lap. The rest was Busch and Edwards. The rest of the field had something to drive for. You had guys driving for the top 12 and top 35. The drivers who are like 16-30 in points just didn't have a good car.

The racing at Daytona and Talladega has improved since the COT and has been much safer. We haven't really seen "the big one" in quite some time. I think the COT is doing fine for it's first full season.

Remember the Daytona 500? good lord, it sucked. i feel asleep after 50 laps....they just...spread out so fast....it's plate race...that shouldn't happen...

Remember the Daytona 500? good lord, it sucked. i feel asleep after 50 laps....they just...spread out so fast....it's plate race...that shouldn't happen...

They spread out for two reason. One, they don't want to use their car up racing like that. Two, they don't want to be caught up in a big wreck. It's the Daytona 500. All the drivers are going to take it easy untill the end.

true, but they went through 2 straight green flagg pit stops....very uncommon for a plate race....oh well.....
the thing is, these cars don'tt wreck enough. they spread out so much it kinda gets boring....

true, but they went through 2 straight green flagg pit stops....very uncommon for a plate race....oh well.....
the thing is, these cars don'tt wreck enough. they spread out so much it kinda gets boring....

That's the way NASCAR wants it. The cars used to have 22 gallon fuel cells, then NASCAR went with 12 gallon fuel cells so they make more pit stops. This way when the drivers make their pit stops, they spread out so a big wreck doesn't happen. It's all apart of the saftey inovations that NASCAR has been tweaking with the past 8 years. It might be boring, but it's much safer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"