15 Minutes MATURE CONTENT: 15 Minutes with Lightning Strykes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you miss jag?

Take yourself... myself and 2 other Hypesters and tell a short tale about a heist gone bad.

*privacy act notice*

If you are ready to divulge... what went wrong in your relationship recently? Just FYI... I recently ended an 11 year relationship/9 year marriage as well... so I know how hard it is.

One of the favorite singers I forgot to mention earlier was this woman here: Betty Buckley. This video underscores some of her vocal power. She's performing with the Harlem Boys Choir--and look, she's not scared. :p

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yf_IEbOA9rs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yf_IEbOA9rs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

She is one of the BADDEST, old lady singers ever, and so elegant and stately. :up:

When will this thread close? :hehe:

Thursday. It was decided to extend it one day due to the Thanksgiving Holidays and I was unable to answer (I was out of town). The other thread created on 11/25 can get similar treatment if the user desires.

From knowsbleed:

Don't you miss jag?
I do. Terribly so. But I'm also a little angry with him for just dumping all of us cold turkey like he did. I don't care if it's just "on the internetz"--we have attachments to people and feelings to be considered also. A simple farewell would be sufficient and polite, especially after so many years active.

The last two questions you've posed will require some serious creativity and typing (and you know I can type a longwinded story) and I don't have enough energy at this moment to do it. I am going to hit the shower and then go lie down for a bit. But later today I'll follow up with your request.

NOTE: This 15 Minutes Session will close at 12:10 AM Thursday, December 3, 2009.

Bisexuality in a "Macho" workplace like a firehouse, notable happenstances?

What the deely son?

Well I guess you passed, via this 15 minutes I know more about you than I thought I would.

2 points for Color Purple ref. "I may be black, and might be ugly, but (paraphrase) I'm gettin the hell out of here" :up:

Do you define yourself by your ethnicity?

Have you ever been to a Pride Festival? If so, what was your experience like?

What is your favorite musical artist (or group) from the 80's? The 90's? The millenium?

Can you recommend a good local band to us?

Bisexuality in a "Macho" workplace like a firehouse, notable happenstances?

Oh yeah. There is DL behavior going on in such situations. From my experience though it was not as widespread in my house as much as say, others or even in the police force. I mean...we practically lived and slept together in those firehouses. You get to see and experience a lot of your fellowman--and not all of it is sexual obviously.

But I was involved with one guy there, yes. It was a brief fling, and we almost got naughty in the locker room at like 4 or 5 in the morning. Then he got transferred. :dry:

From Erzy-Erz...

Do you define yourself by your ethnicity?

No. Absolutely not. And not just because I have a very diverse ethnicity coursing through my veins, but rather because my personal interests are equally as diverse. I've never been an "Angry Black Man". I'd like to think I am defined by my inner strengths, not the strength I exert outside.

Does any of that make any sense? :confuse:

Have you ever been to a Pride Festival? If so, what was your experience like?

Never really been a "Raa-Raa-Boy" for festivals, but David was. He believed it was a great cross section of the LBGT community. And I agree. I did go to Folsom once... I got to meet and speak with Arpad Miklos. I swear, if I hadn't been involved with David at the time...grrrrr.

In fact, now that I'm single, maybe I should call him. :cool:

why do you think you were worthy of additional time?

Hm, maybe everyone elses should be extended, only to be fair.

From Marx:

What is your favorite musical artist (or group) from the 80's? The 90's? The millenium?
80's: Earth, Wind & Fire, Michael Jackson
90's: Jodeci, Mariah Carey, SWV
Y2K: Probably Musiq Soulchild, Creed, Linkin Park and All-American Rejects.

I've been straying more into rock in the least last several years because R&B is so dissapointing to me now.

From New York?

Oh yeah. There is DL behavior going on in such situations. From my experience though it was not as widespread in my house as much as say, others or even in the police force. I mean...we practically lived and slept together in those firehouses. You get to see and experience a lot of your fellowman--and not all of it is sexual obviously.

But I was involved with one guy there, yes. It was a brief fling, and we almost got naughty in the locker room at like 4 or 5 in the morning. Then he got transferred. :dry:

Do you think he might have gotten transferred because someone found out about your 'brief fling'..?

why do you think you were worthy of additional time?

I don't know if it's really "additional" time, I'm only making up the day I lost due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. I'd do that for anyone else who's 15 Minutes were extended. At any rate, it all comes to an end tonight, so it's right on time.

After all, I did ask you first for permission. I don't know who put "Extended" in the Thread title though...that wasn't me. :csad:

From Marx:

80's: Earth, Wind & Fire, Michael Jackson
90's: Jodeci, Mariah Carey, SWV
Y2K: Probably Musiq Soulchild, Creed, Linkin Park and All-American Rejects.

I've been straying more into rock in the least last several years because R&B is so dissapointing to me now.

From New York?

I've seen Creed and All-American Rejects in concert many times. :up:

As for the local question, a band from wherever you consider your local area.

I don't know if it's really "additional" time, I'm only making up the day I lost due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. I'd do that for anyone else who's 15 Minutes were extended. At any rate, it all comes to an end tonight, so it's right on time.

After all, I did ask you first for permission. I don't know who put "Extended" in the Thread title though...that wasn't me. :csad:

I am the one who put in the 'extended' part in the title. I was under the impression that LS and CC agreed to give this one another day due to LS being away for the holidays. Adding 'extended' into the title when your '15 Minutes' normally would have been up already was something that Badger used to do.

I apologize for any confusion.

No. Only the other 15 Minute session that was launched alongside mine is eligible for extension. Again, the reason being that many people were off the Hype on Thanksgiving day and as a result all of the threads kinda "sat there" that day with less traffic. It's like a "half-day" at school.

Do you think he might have gotten transferred because someone found out about your 'brief fling'..?

I doubt it. No one knew about that. We didn't even do anything significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"