May 2006 Hardware and Software sales: The Empire Strikes Back

Take solace in your short-lived victory, darling. You and both know it won't last.

You and both? Who is this both?

I think you forgot to add an 'I' in there, Phaser. See it should be:

Take solace in your short-lived victory, darling. You and I both know it won't last.

TheCardPlayer said:
I can't wait to see the PS3's numbers. The reason PS2 sold that much is that it was cheap and it was the first console out.

Let's face it. No console priced at 499,99 ever went the distance much less a 599.99 one.

NO, NO, NO...........IT'S A PC. :o

WHICH WE ALL KNOW STANDS FOR PS3 CONSOLE. ;) :D

Zenien said:

I think you forgot to add an 'I' in there, Phaser. See it should be:

Take solace in your short-lived victory, darling. You and I both know it won't last.

It's the ****ing laptop! It hates me! Conspiracy! :mad:

*throws away new laptop and plugs in old one*

So, then, shall we continue?

TheCardPlayer said:
I can't wait to see the PS3's numbers. The reason PS2 sold that much is that it was cheap and it was the first console out.

Let's face it. No console priced at 499,99 ever went the distance much less a 599.99 one.

Dreamcast was the first console out. :) Cheap or not, the Xbox and Gamecube certainly aren't maintaining this momentum. We'll see about the PS3, hardcore adopters will be enough to drive it in the first year imo, it's after that where they will face difficulties in entering the mass market (even taking price drops into consideration).

599.99 for a non-crippled Blu-Ray player. The big games they showed at E3 consisted of tractor races, giant crabs and a rhinoceros eating grass.

And it will cost you nearly a grand to enjoy those. One console at the price of it's two competitors. Sony isn't in the same position they were last-gen.

No, it's not my fanboyism talking, it's just logic.

Zenien said:

Oh and you forgot to add inverted commas to "both" like you were supposed to as you were obviously quoting a word from my post there. Hah! :down::o

TheCardPlayer said:
599.99 for a non-crippled Blu-Ray player. The big games they showed at E3 consisted of tractor races, giant crabs and a rhinoceros eating grass.

The 499 PS3 will play HD content at full resolutions, the HDMI software flagging is going to happen 2011 2012.

I'd like to think the big games they showed at E3 consisted of an old man in a power suit and a scantily clad woman with red hair. :(

Zenien said:
Type on your new laptop more often. :o

I stomped on the keyboard in fury. :( :O

Oh well, off to get a replacement. Better put that shiny new warranty to good use.

Oh yeah? Oh yeah?

Well....

Hmmmm.....Let me get some link that will fortify my own fanboy view as well as making you angry at the same time while ignoring your reply.

Of course this will spawn a massive flame war.

Wait a sec, I'll go look for something.

Zenien said:
Dreamcast was the first console out. :) Cheap or not, the Xbox and Gamecube certainly aren't maintaining this momentum. We'll see about the PS3, hardcore adopters will be enough to drive it in the first year imo, it's after that where they will face difficulties in entering the mass market (even taking price drops into consideration).
The Xbox was retired and the Gamecube just sucks in general. If it weren't for a 360 game drought and the PS2's recent price cut, things would be different.

There's still Twilight Princess to come.

And it have

REmake
RE0
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Super Smash Bros Melee
Eternal Darkness

I know of those games. We really don't need to get into list wars over a dead console. Needless to say, low Gamecube sales shouldn't surprise anyone.

Yeah. But it still have those games, so it still rocks.

Number are being used against... me? How can this be?!

Total percentages: # of votes - % of votes - previous %
Wii: 26204 votes - 85.93% - 84.21%
PS3: 6581 votes - 21.58% - 48.41%
360: 17629 votes - 57.81% - 46.30%

Clearly this group are nothing but a bunch a of Wii60 loving (not that there's anything wrong with the Wii) fanboys even before the high price of the PS3 was announced, as evident by the fact that the Wii, not the PS3, placed so high on the votes of the old poll. These people are a statically anomaly, not representative of the mass market!

Of course, these numbers may have no analog in real life sales for any console (statisticians we are not) but they do represent an accurate depiction of what Joystiq readers think. Have at 'em.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=2375
http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=2368

Haha Joystick am Rose budded!

WhatsHisFace said:
I know of those games. We really don't need to get into list wars over a dead console. Needless to say, low Gamecube sales shouldn't surprise anyone.

NOT TO MENTION THE UNDENIABLE FACT THAT 'TLOZ:TP' IS ACTUALLY A WII LAUNCH TITLE. IT'S NO COINCIDENCE THAT THEY'RE DELAYING IT FOR OVER A YEAR; THEY KNEW THE 'GC' WAS DEAD, AND NEEDED ANOTHER FRANCHISE HIT TO AID THE 'WII' LAUNCH. SMART MOVE, BUT IT KINDA SUCKS FOR THE FANS, I'D IMAGINE. :o

I thought they were coming out with both Gamecube & Wii for Twilight Princess. I will not pay more to Pre Order the Wii version on the already Pre Ordered Gamecube Version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"