May 2006 Hardware and Software sales: The Empire Strikes Back

Zenien said:
Within the context of this sort of dicussion not one gives a **** about your market preference.

The gameboy 'did well' the Gameboy Advance 'did well', the DS is the fastest selling game hardware in Japanese history, and it has definately made a difference for Nintendo in the DS/PSP wars. The PSP 'does well' in Japan, it does GBA comparable levels, the DS 'does outstanding'. Nintendo consoles 'do well' in Japan, but I think you're seriously underestimating the importance that the Japanese market can hold when they go bat**** insane over a product. The DS and Wii have synergy, I'm expecting the Wii to do very well in Japan, (more specific predictions removed due to fears of jinxing).

I didn't ask you to care, Krazy Ken. I just don't see Wii coming second or first.

Also, I care about as much as Japan as you do about non Sony Products. Ie not a whole lot.

And I've said that I see the Wii coming in second or first...?

Also, I care about as much as Japan as you do about non Sony Products. Ie not a whole lot.

And no one cares what you care about in this discussion, so why even bring it up. I'm pretty sure I care about none Sony Products a lot MORE then you think I do. But believe what ever suits you, what you think about my opinion, I couldn't care less.

You said something I disagreed with so I made a post. Don't jump to any other conclusions, junior, just look at what's in the post.

Zenien said:
And I've said that I see the Wii comign in second or first...?

And no one cares what you care about in this discussion, so why even bring it up. I'm pretty sure I care about none Sony Products a lot MORE then you think I do. But believe what ever suits you, what you think about my opinion, I could care less.

You said something I disagreed with so I made a post. Don't jump to any other conclusions, junior, just look at what's in the post.

You never told me how much Krazy Ken pays you for your promotional plugs. I'm convinced your hired by Sony....or biggest fanboy /girl in history.

I'm also convinced you've never seen a wii coming.

Then your perception of things is pretty dull. Have a look at PCVSCONSOLE or Teamxbox, if you want a good example of 'fanboy'.

And it's nice that instead of addressing anything you reforcus the attention on me. Probably because you've got nothing and that pisses you off, but whatever.

EDIT: Just so we're clear, you're acussing me of being paid by Sony for defending Nintendo.

Zenien said:
Then your perception of things is pretty dull. Have a look at PCVSCONSOLE or Teamxbox, if you want a good example of 'fanboy'.

And it's nice that instead of addressing anything you reforcus the attention on me. Probably because you've got nothing and that pisses you off, but whatever.

You're the most I can tolerate in a fanboy, thanks.

Zenien, your new avatar is... well, I'm just not digging it. Just have a 100x100 block of red for improvement or something.

I think Nintendo should do what Sega did. Just make games for the other systems. They should stop messing about with technology and just focus on their games.

Zenien said:
Killzone changed me.
It changed all of us, Zenien.

But seriously, even if you didn't go completely overboard with several "The Halo Beater?"s on the first page, there was nothing you could do to keep Guerrilla games from being a lousy development studio.

They made "Candy Fluffy" on the GBA and "Shellshock Nam 67" for crying out loud. Why did you expect them to suddenly become good with Killzone?

What makes me really laugh is that there are still people really pumped for Killzone 2 after seeing what they know is a video. I don't know why, because for all we know, the final game will be nothing like that.

If we have no screens, no gameplay videos or even a story outline, why should anyone be excited to hear "Killzone 2"?

TGuerilla themselves did not make Candy Fluff, and you're painting an incorrect picture. Shell Shock only came out shortly before Killzone, and everyone was like Shell Shock = promising. Furthermore, the team who made Shellshock has nothing to do with the Killzone team, who are making Killzone PSP and Killzone 2.

Killzone, while being far from a perfect game, is certainly not an entire waste.

Zenien said:
TGuerilla themselves did not make Candy Fluff, and you're painting an incorrect picture. Shell Shock only came out shortly before Killzone, and everyone was like Shell Shock = promising. Furthermore, the team who made Shellshock has nothing to do with the Killzone team, who are making Killzone PSP and Killzone 2.

Killzone, while being far from a perfect game, is certainly not an entire waste.
So what? Guerrilla has never produced a worthy game. Am I wrong?

I never said Killzone WOULD be better then Halo, I said it COULD. Yeah I was excited about Killzone and as much as you guys reacted to me talking about it, i reacted to you guys dismissing it as garbage the second it was brought up. It ended up dissapointing me in a lot of ways, but not because it didn't beat Halo.

And I really enjoyed Halo, Halo 2 dissapointed me though.

As per your question: That depends, Killzone has sold well and gotten a decent overall review from the gaming journalists. Worthy of the Halo Kilelr hype? Not by a long shot. Worthy as a game? I'd say so. It's not perfect, but not without redeeming qualities.

and before you say "And you were rank in file helping to create that hype" there were a LOT of people who liked what they did see of Killzone. I was definately one of them.

Ask yourself that question of why some people are looking forward to Killzone 2 even knowing Killzone had its problems and the Killzone 2 trailer is CGI, the answer is self explanatory, and not ALL of them are Sony Zombies, WHF.

But you were the one who uttered such things about how Shell Shock Nam 67 was going to kill the Generic WWII games, and I distinctly remember you saying "'Forget medals' hahaha screw you EA!" and "This game is going to kill Medal of Honor".

Zenien said:
I never said Killzone WOULD be better then Halo, I said it COULD. Yeah I was excited about Killzone and as much as you guys reacted to me talking about it, i reacted to you guys dismissing it as garbage the second it was brought up. It ended up dissapointing me in a lot of ways, but not because it didn't beat Halo.

And I really enjoyed Halo, Halo 2 dissapointed me though.
It's funny how you didn't enjoy Halo 1 until Halo 2 came out. It was bash, bash, bash until you instead wanted to say "Wow, the Xbox has suffered a major letdown, buy MGS3 instead".

As per your question: That depends, Killzone has sold well and gotten a decent overall review from the gaming journalists. Worthy of the Halo Kilelr hype? Not by a long shot. Worthy as a game? I'd say so. It's not perfect, but not without redeeming qualities.

and before you say "And you were rank in file helping to create that hype" there were a LOT of people who liked what they did see of Killzone. I was definately one of them.

Ask yourself that question of why some people are looking forward to Killzone 2 even knowing Killzone had its problems and the Killzone 2 trailer is CGI, the answer is self explanatory, and not ALL of them are Sony Zombies, WHF.
So then Killzone 2 anticipation, if based on Killzone 1 quality, should not be anything near the level of what it was, which once again had people saying "Halo killer".

But you were the one who uttered such things about how Shell Shock Nam 67 was going to kill the Generic WWII games, and I distinctly remember you saying "'Forget medals' hahaha screw you EA!" and "This game is going to kill Medal of Honor".
Actually, that was what the ad-campaign said. "Forget Medals, no honor, just survive." or something like that. And I would never say a game would "kill" the WW2 genre. At most, I would have said I hope there'd be more Vietnam games replacing the already burned-out WW2 games.

WhatsHisFace said:
It's funny how you didn't enjoy Halo 1 until Halo 2 came out. It was bash, bash, bash until you instead wanted to say "Wow, the Xbox has suffered a major letdown, buy MGS3 instead".

Wow, that's um, pretty stupid considering I'd talked about Halo PC and played with a person from here once well before Halo 2, Klynt? Socrates? Someone like that.

Remember how pissed off the Xbox contingent was when I said that Halo PC is the superior version of Halo on the Xbox? THose arguements were well BEFORE HAlo 2.

And if you're a Halo 2 why would you necessarilly buy MGS3 instead given the two games are fairly distinct, futhermore the "Halo 2 is the ebst FPS ever made" hype train lasted for a few months after launch until people came back down to earth.

So then Killzone 2 anticipation, if based on Killzone 1 quality, should not be anything near the level of what it was, which once again had people saying "Halo killer".

You can find all ranges of opinions if your sample is large enough, you have a point?

Actually, that was what the ad-campaign said. "Forget Medals, no honor, just survive." or something like that. And I would never say a game would "kill" the WW2 genre. At most, I would have said I hope there'd be more Vietnam games replacing the already burned-out WW2 games.

And the "Forget medal? Hahaha screw you EA" was made in response to the "Just survive" trailer.

You specifically said the game was going to kill EAs WWII games, and you said at one point that Driver was going to be kill GTA. Don't throw rocks in a glass house, and let's not forget the time when you argued that Banjo Kazooie on the GBA has good art direction. See I can bring up years old things against you to, but at the end of the day, unless it's something really prevailent, it's the mark of someone who can't hold his or her own water in the current situation, so why bother.

Dsl - 149,454 (2,789,663)
2. Psp - 31,959 (952,898)
3. Ps2 - 23,332 (783,578)
4. Gbasp - 2,818 (169,513)
5. 360 - 1,610 (59,021)
6. Gbm - 1,379 (104,759)
7. Nds - 1,009 (907,299)
8. Ngc - 934 (56,470)
9. Gba - 20 (1,671)
10. Xbx - 13 (2,813)

GoldenAgeHero said:
5. 360 - 1,610 (59,021)
6. Gbm - 1,379 (104,759)
7. Nds - 1,009 (907,299)
8. Ngc - 934 (56,470)
9. Gba - 20 (1,671)
10. Xbx - 13 (2,813)

What ******ed country is that where GBA SP outsells NDS, and PSP outsells everything??

imdaly said:
What ******ed country is that where GBA SP outsells NDS, and PSP outsells everything??

5. 360 - 1,610 (59,021)
6. Gbm - 1,379 (104,759)
7. Nds - 1,009 (907,299)
8. Ngc - 934 (56,470)
9. Gba - 20 (1,671)
10. Xbx - 13 (2,813)

YOU MISSED THE DS LITE AT THE TOP. :o

imdaly said:
Try to read better, if you look the DSLite outsold the PSP :rolleyes:

WTH are those numbers from, this weeks Japan numbers? Why post them in a thread and the Americas sales for the month of May. :confused:

THWIP* said:
5. 360 - 1,610 (59,021)
6. Gbm - 1,379 (104,759)
7. Nds - 1,009 (907,299)
8. Ngc - 934 (56,470)
9. Gba - 20 (1,671)
10. Xbx - 13 (2,813)

YOU MISSED THE DS LITE AT THE TOP. :o

Oh duh, Ian....psh.

Apparently I'm an idiot, cause here I was wondering why DSL was heading the list...DSL always makes me think of DSL internet connections.

imdaly said:
Oh duh, Ian....psh.

Apparently I'm an idiot, cause here I was wondering why DSL was heading the list...DSL always makes me think of DSL internet connections.

slap.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"