Mayweather vs. Ortiz - Who will be the victor?

Just watched this fight.

I really really want to see Manny beat the hell out of Mayweather now. :down

So now Ortiz was also rabbit punching? Lmao.

Cortez is an idiot and has always been an idiot, nothing new. But he never said "Fight". Something every ref down to the amateur level says.

Yeah I remember the Mosley fight, I also remember the Hatton, Castillo, etc fights where he uses his elbows as weapons. Face it he's dirty fighter and unsportsman.

But whatever, what happened, happened. What we should be talking about is how pathetic Pacquiao and Mayeather should be fighting next, yet Mayweather keeps makes a ton of excuses and demands.

Long gone are the days when the best fighters would fight eachother without being primadonnas.

Uh yeah, he was, how else do you get a lumps on the back of your head during a boxing match?

He also doesn't intentionally elbow anybody, if he's rolling with the punches, as he does, utilizing shoulder rolls and dipping, he's going to bring his elbows up. But I digress...

The bottomline is, Pacquiao is only recognized as the man who can supposedly beat Mayweather. All you people that like him weren't following him 10 years ago, nobody was following him 10 years ago. He's probably the only fighter in history that all of a sudden became popular in his 30's lol. He was getting knocked out at 105 pounds & just 6 years ago getting outclassed by Erik Morales, now this guy's some type of dragon slayer?

He's too wild, throws too many loose punches, and has no type of defense to even seriously challenge Floyd, I can't believe so called boxing fans really believe in this nonsense the media is spewing. Beating Manny will prove nothing to people that aren't too blinded by Mayweather's shenanigans to see the truth. It seems to me Teddy Atlas is the only guy being honest about "Pac-man"

Paquiao isn't the only one that could challenge Mayweather. Ever hear of Sergio Martinez? Mayweather wouldn't step foot in the same building as he much less mention his name. I actually give him a better shot to beat Mayweather than Pac and am more interested in seeing that fight.

And while Pac was getting beat by Morales, Mayweather was fighting the Bruselles and Gattis'(rip) of the world, ducking Cotto, Margarito, Williams and other top welterweights.

Yeah, tests that Floyd suddenly came up with when talks of fighting Pacman started. I don't think Floyd will ever fight Manny. He'll always come up with new excuses.

PEOPLE: Floyd and Manny please fight!
FLOYD: Let's fight Pacquiao!
MANNY: Ok.
FLOYD: I'll get 60 % of the purse.
MANNY: Uh no.
FLOYD: Ok. Let's make that 50/50 split.
MANNY: Ok done deal let's fight!
FLOYD: Uh. I want random blood testing up until 14 days before the fight.
MANNY: What?
FLOYD: Yup.
MANNY: No way! Why are you suddenly imposing all these rules now?
FLOYD: I'm the greatest. Fight's off.
MANNY: Okay done deal.
FLOYD: What? Okay, random blood testing up until the fight.
MANNY: You're pushing it Floyd. Fight's off.
FLOYD: Yipeeee!!!
MANNY: hOLD ON A sec, okay, random blood testing up until the fight. Can we fight now?
FLOYD: Also, you can't train in the Philippines.
MANNY: F#$% YOU!
PEOPLE: You're just scared Manny!
MANNY: Alright I'll train in L.A.
FLOYD: You also have to divorce your wife and and leave congress.
MANNY: Sigh.
:doh:

Lmao, that's pretty much what happened.

So now Ortiz was also rabbit punching? Lmao.

Cortez is an idiot and has always been an idiot, nothing new. But he never said "Fight". Something every ref down to the amateur level says.

Yeah I remember the Mosley fight, I also remember the Hatton, Castillo, etc fights where he uses his elbows as weapons. Face it he's dirty fighter and unsportsman.

But whatever, what happened, happened. What we should be talking about is how pathetic Pacquiao and Mayeather should be fighting next, yet Mayweather keeps makes a ton of excuses and demands.

Long gone are the days when the best fighters would fight eachother without being primadonnas.

If boxing is a legitimate sport, then a ruling body should be able to pair up the best fighters against each other. The way Mayweather is doing is like if the Packers decided to line up their schedule with nothing but weak teams like Bangles, Chiefs, and Seahawks so they can pat their record to 14-2.

Paquiao isn't the only one that could challenge Mayweather. Ever hear of Sergio Martinez? Mayweather wouldn't step foot in the same building as he much less mention his name. I actually give him a better shot to beat Mayweather than Pac and am more interested in seeing that fight.

And while Pac was getting beat by Morales, Mayweather was fighting the Bruselles and Gattis'(rip) of the world, ducking Cotto, Margarito, Williams and other top welterweights.

LMAO...........WOW

So in your lust to see Floyd lose you now want him to fight the Middle weight champ, what next a fight with Waldimir? (don't buy in to Sergio coming down to 150 to fight Manny)

Learn ya history, Floyd never ducked Cotto, when Floyd beat Gatti (who was the Light welterweight champ at the time, funny how you left that out) both Hatton and Cotto were at the match and afterwards Arum did not want Cotto anywhere near Floyd (Hatton stepped up and called Floyd out, hmm I wonder why?)

Duck Margarito you say when was this? surely it can't be when Floyd beat Judah and Baldomir to unify the Welter division and then went up to win the WBC Jr middle belt (no catch-weight by the way). Who was Margarito at this time? I bet you don't even know its just a convenient name for you to throw out.

Ah yes the great Paul Williams destroyer of greats such as Carlos Quintana and Verno phillips :awesome:

Last edited:
If boxing is a legitimate sport, then a ruling body should be able to pair up the best fighters against each other. The way Mayweather is doing is like if the Packers decided to line up their schedule with nothing but weak teams like Bangles, Chiefs, and Seahawks so they can pat their record to 14-2.

Oh I get it

images

The bottomline is, Pacquiao is only recognized as the man who can supposedly beat Mayweather. All you people that like him weren't following him 10 years ago, nobody was following him 10 years ago. He's probably the only fighter in history that all of a sudden became popular in his 30's lol. He was getting knocked out at 105 pounds & just 6 years ago getting outclassed by Erik Morales, now this guy's some type of dragon slayer?

He's too wild, throws too many loose punches, and has no type of defense to even seriously challenge Floyd, I can't believe so called boxing fans really believe in this nonsense the media is spewing. Beating Manny will prove nothing to people that aren't too blinded by Mayweather's shenanigans to see the truth. It seems to me Teddy Atlas is the only guy being honest about "Pac-man"

These guys hate Floyd so much they are using Manny as their vehicle of choice, once Floyd beats Manny they will jump on a new bandwagon. Its like you said most never knew who Manny was, until the media told them he is the 'white knight' of boxing

Last edited:
Uh yeah, he was, how else do you get a lumps on the back of your head during a boxing match?

He also doesn't intentionally elbow anybody, if he's rolling with the punches, as he does, utilizing shoulder rolls and dipping, he's going to bring his elbows up. But I digress...

i just compare similair opponents

both fought Oscar De La Hoya

Mayweather - Went to a Split Decision
Manny - Made Him Quit in the 8th

both Fought Rocky Hatton

Mayweather - TKO'd him in the 10th Round
Manny - Put Him to Sleep with 1 Punch in the 2nd Round

Both Fought Shane Mosley to a Unanimous Decision but Manny was never touched while Floyd got rocked and had wobbly legs

i just compare similair opponents

both fought Oscar De La Hoya

Mayweather - Went to a Split Decision
Manny - Made Him Quit in the 8th

both Fought Rocky Hatton

Mayweather - TKO'd him in the 10th Round
Manny - Put Him to Sleep with 1 Punch in the 2nd Round

Both Fought Shane Mosley to a Unanimous Decision but Manny was never touched while Floyd got rocked and had wobbly legs

This is what I mean, the hate is too much

Floyd went UP to Jnr Middle and beat DLH (no catch weight), Manny beat a DLH who had not fought @ Welter in EIGHT YEARS (he was weight drained)

Floyd beat an UNDEFEATED Hatton

Floyd beat Mosley who was the recognized Welter number one at the time

Funny how you give Manny credit for people Floyd already defeated.

Hey, come on, they had a few hits in the 80s! What, you dont like "Walk like an Egyptian?"

LMAO...........WOW

So in your lust to see Floyd lose you now want him to fight the Middle weight champ, what next a fight with Waldimir? (don't buy in to Sergio coming down to 150 to fight Manny)

Learn ya history, Floyd never ducked Cotto, when Floyd beat Gatti (who was the Light welterweight champ at the time, funny how you left that out) both Hatton and Cotto were at the match and afterwards Arum did not want Cotto anywhere near Floyd (Hatton stepped up and called Floyd out, hmm I wonder why?)

Duck Margarito you say when was this? surely it can't be when Floyd beat Judah and Baldomir to unify the Welter division and then went up to win the WBC Jr middle belt (no catch-weight by the way). Who was Margarito at this time? I bet you don't even know its just a convenient name for you to throw out.

Ah yes the great Paul Williams destroyer of greats such as Carlos Quintana and Verno phillips :awesome:

At least somebody on here knows what the hell they're talking about
icon14.gif

99% of Pac "fans" aren't really even aware of his career, because he wasn't on anyone's radar until he fought De la Hoya, and people started clamoring for him to fight Floyd. Don't get me wrong, he's a good fighter, but Mayweather's an all time great boxer, the sooner people understand that distinction the better

This is what I mean, the hate is too much

Floyd went UP to Jnr Middle and beat DLH (no catch weight), Manny beat a DLH who had not fought @ Welter in EIGHT YEARS (he was weight drained)

Floyd beat an UNDEFEATED Hatton

Floyd beat Mosley who was the recognized Welter number one at the time

Funny how you give Manny credit for people Floyd already defeated.

i give him more credit with how he did it

its not so much who you beat but how you do it

manny destroys people Floyd coasts to decision

i give him more credit with how he did it

its not so much who you beat but how you do it

Not really, it depends on when you fight people too. Knocking Mike Tyson out in 1996 isn't the same thing as facing him in '86.

Manny faced all of these welterweights after they beat each other almost half to death, especially Margarito & Cotto. He fought Hatton, Mosley & De la Hoya after Floyd already dismantled them. I don't see all these heroic feats he's achieved that Mayweather hasn't.

LMAO...........WOW

I know my history kid, I know boxing, I don't follow people based on the color of their skin.

Margarito constantly called out Floyd. As did Cotto and others.

Martinez could easily make 154, the same weight Floyd beat Delahoya at. And he's another guy that's been constantly calling out Floyd.

At least somebody on here knows what the hell they're talking about
icon14.gif

99% of Pac "fans" aren't really even aware of his career, because he wasn't on anyone's radar until he fought De la Hoya, and people started clamoring for him to fight Floyd. Don't get me wrong, he's a good fighter, but Mayweather's an all time great boxer, the sooner people understand that distinction the better

Lol, who gives a crap if he wasn't known until the Delahoya fight, he was making his legacy beating Marquez, Barerra and Morales. Name me one guy that Floyd has fought that's greater than those 3.

He then destroyed Cotto and Margarito, 2 guys Floyd ducked.

Then destroyed Hatton and Oscar who Floyd struggled with.

A good fighter? Gtfo, he'll be more well known when its all said and done than Floyd.

Not really, it depends on when you fight people too. Knocking Mike Tyson out in 1996 isn't the same thing as facing him in '86.

Manny faced all of these welterweights after they beat each other almost half to death, especially Margarito & Cotto. He fought Hatton, Mosley & De la Hoya after Floyd already dismantled them. I don't see all these heroic feats he's achieved that Mayweather hasn't.

cotto is a damn good fighter who is still in his prime

and has 2 losses - 1 to margarito who likely had illegal wrapping and manny

this is a guy mayweather cosntantly ducked

and please manny beat oscar 1 year after floyd did and much more devastating fashion

Lol, who gives a crap if he wasn't known until the Delahoya fight, he was making his legacy beating Marquez, Barerra and Morales. Name me one guy that Floyd has fought that's greater than those 3.

He then destroyed Cotto and Margarito, 2 guys Floyd ducked.

Then destroyed Hatton and Oscar who Floyd struggled with.

A good fighter? Gtfo, he'll be more well known when its all said and done than Floyd.

At the time Floyd fought them, Castillo, Corrales, Baldomir, & Judah were all better fighters than Cotto, Margarito, De la Hoya & Mosley were when Manny fought them. I don't even see how that's debatable.

On top of that, Floyd hardly struggled against anyone he's faced, certainly not Hatton or Oscar, please. He's not a wild puncher, he's not going in there headfirst. He breaks people down over time, I don't see how that's perceived as a knock lol, it's strategic.

And don't even get me started on the Marquez fights, anybody with any sense knows Manny should've lost both of those bouts, easy. Mayweather comes off a 2 year layoff, & walks right through this guy, lol. Manny will probably beat him easily this time, as this is a weightclass Marquez isn't effective at, but don't even act as if Pacquiao was convincing in his draw and "win" against Marquez. Stop it

Here is a great article on Floyd's claims on Pacman.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-iole_mayweather_pacquiao_careers092011

"Floyd Mayweather Jr. has repeatedly intimated that Manny Pacquiao’s rise through boxing’s weight classes is due to something other than natural growth. But the statistics do not back Mayweather’s contention. Mayweather is 21 months older than Pacquiao, but looking at what they weighed when they were the same age, they are remarkably close.
For the sake of the argument, let’s pick up the discussion for each man when they were 24. Mayweather turned 24 on Feb. 24, 2001. His first fight after that date was on May 26, 2001, in Grand Rapids, Mich., when he fought Carlos Hernandez. Mayweather weighed in for that bout at 130.

Pacquiao turned 24 on Dec. 17, 2002. His first fight after that date was on March 15, 2003, against Serikzhan Yeshmagambetov, in Manila. Pacquiao weighed 126, or only one class lighter than Mayweather.
When they were 26, Mayweather was at 134 and Pacquiao at 129 1/2. At 30, Mayweather was 150 to fight Oscar De La Hoya, while Pacquiao was 138 to face Ricky Hatton. Although, in Pacquiao’s bout prior to Hatton, he weighed 142 when he fought De La Hoya just 11 days before his 30th birthday.
By the time each man turned 32, they were both welterweights.
It’s not like there has been a great disparity in size between them.
Another argument Mayweather made last week in insinuating Pacquiao is using performance-enhancing drugs has been his dramatic improvement. At the post-fight news conference, Mayweather said, “Like I said before, we knew Sugar Ray Leonard [and] we knew he was great from his Olympic days. We knew he was going to be a great professional. Michael Jordan, from college, we knew he was going to be a great professional. Floyd Mayweather, from the beginning of his career, from the ’90s, we knew he was going to be a great professional.

“Look at all these different athletes. Kobe Bryant in high school, you knew he was going to be a great athlete. Now, you ask yourself, a fighter just don’t get 25 and all of a sudden become great. A fighter don’t just become 25 years old and pop out of nowhere. You know what? ‘I’m knocking junior middleweights out. I’m knocking middleweights out.’ That just don’t happen. That just don’t happen.”
That argument doesn’t hold water, either. Pacquiao won his first world title, the World Boxing Council flyweight belt, on April 24, 1999, when he was 20. Mayweather won his first belt, the WBC super featherweight title, by stopping Genaro Hernandez on Oct. 3, 1998, when he was 21.
By the time he was 26, Pacquiao had won world titles at flyweight and super bantamweight and drew in a spectacular bout with Juan Manuel Marquez for the featherweight title. Pacquiao had won the linear featherweight title by that point, when he defeated Marco Antonio Barrera a month before his 25th birthday, though he received no belt.
By the time Mayweather was 26, he had won two world titles, the WBC super featherweight and the WBC lightweight titles.
And Pacquiao’s rise in the last decade was aided tremendously by coming to the U.S. and hiring Freddie Roach to be his trainer.
The point is, Pacquiao’s rise to prominence does not on the surface raise suspicions that he’s used, or is using, performance-enhancing drugs.
I don’t believe Mayweather is afraid of Pacquiao, as so many Pacquiao sycophants insist. I do believe, however, that he despises Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum so much that he is willing to skip the fight in order to keep Arum from profiting from what would be the most lucrative fight in boxing history.
Hopefully, the fight happens because the prospect of it has the world captivated. So far, though, Mayweather’s arguments as to why it’s not happening are falling on deaf ears."

The writer says that Floyd is avoiding Pac to piss off Arum. I think Floyd is doing this cause he's afraid. He hasn't met anybody that can match his speed and has 3 times more power than he has. Pac's punches come from so many angles, he never gets tired, he has that in and out side to side movement that Floyd doesn't know how to shoulder roll his way out of this.

Castillo and Coralles were the last good fighters in their prime that Floyd beat but that was 10 years ago. When he fought Baldosmear and Judah it was after his 5-6 years of fighting guys like Bruseles, and even then Baldomir and Judah really weren't that much of a step up. Btw you mention Marquez won against Pac, ok I agree with that, just like I agree that Castillo beat Mayweather the first time they fought.

Baldosmear was a lucky bum that caught Judah in the right time. Those two would've lost to faded Delahoya and Mosley and Cotto beat Judah way better than Floyd did.

Again name 3 fighters that Floyd beat that were better than Morales, Barerra and Marquez.

Last edited:
Here is a great article on Floyd's claims on Pacman.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-iole_mayweather_pacquiao_careers092011

"Floyd Mayweather Jr. has repeatedly intimated that Manny Pacquiao’s rise through boxing’s weight classes is due to something other than natural growth. But the statistics do not back Mayweather’s contention. Mayweather is 21 months older than Pacquiao, but looking at what they weighed when they were the same age, they are remarkably close.
For the sake of the argument, let’s pick up the discussion for each man when they were 24. Mayweather turned 24 on Feb. 24, 2001. His first fight after that date was on May 26, 2001, in Grand Rapids, Mich., when he fought Carlos Hernandez. Mayweather weighed in for that bout at 130.

Pacquiao turned 24 on Dec. 17, 2002. His first fight after that date was on March 15, 2003, against Serikzhan Yeshmagambetov, in Manila. Pacquiao weighed 126, or only one class lighter than Mayweather.
When they were 26, Mayweather was at 134 and Pacquiao at 129 1/2. At 30, Mayweather was 150 to fight Oscar De La Hoya, while Pacquiao was 138 to face Ricky Hatton. Although, in Pacquiao’s bout prior to Hatton, he weighed 142 when he fought De La Hoya just 11 days before his 30th birthday.
By the time each man turned 32, they were both welterweights.
It’s not like there has been a great disparity in size between them.
Another argument Mayweather made last week in insinuating Pacquiao is using performance-enhancing drugs has been his dramatic improvement. At the post-fight news conference, Mayweather said, “Like I said before, we knew Sugar Ray Leonard [and] we knew he was great from his Olympic days. We knew he was going to be a great professional. Michael Jordan, from college, we knew he was going to be a great professional. Floyd Mayweather, from the beginning of his career, from the ’90s, we knew he was going to be a great professional.

“Look at all these different athletes. Kobe Bryant in high school, you knew he was going to be a great athlete. Now, you ask yourself, a fighter just don’t get 25 and all of a sudden become great. A fighter don’t just become 25 years old and pop out of nowhere. You know what? ‘I’m knocking junior middleweights out. I’m knocking middleweights out.’ That just don’t happen. That just don’t happen.”
That argument doesn’t hold water, either. Pacquiao won his first world title, the World Boxing Council flyweight belt, on April 24, 1999, when he was 20. Mayweather won his first belt, the WBC super featherweight title, by stopping Genaro Hernandez on Oct. 3, 1998, when he was 21.
By the time he was 26, Pacquiao had won world titles at flyweight and super bantamweight and drew in a spectacular bout with Juan Manuel Marquez for the featherweight title. Pacquiao had won the linear featherweight title by that point, when he defeated Marco Antonio Barrera a month before his 25th birthday, though he received no belt.
By the time Mayweather was 26, he had won two world titles, the WBC super featherweight and the WBC lightweight titles.
And Pacquiao’s rise in the last decade was aided tremendously by coming to the U.S. and hiring Freddie Roach to be his trainer.
The point is, Pacquiao’s rise to prominence does not on the surface raise suspicions that he’s used, or is using, performance-enhancing drugs.
I don’t believe Mayweather is afraid of Pacquiao, as so many Pacquiao sycophants insist. I do believe, however, that he despises Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum so much that he is willing to skip the fight in order to keep Arum from profiting from what would be the most lucrative fight in boxing history.
Hopefully, the fight happens because the prospect of it has the world captivated. So far, though, Mayweather’s arguments as to why it’s not happening are falling on deaf ears."

The writer says that Floyd is avoiding Pac to piss off Arum. I think Floyd is doing this cause he's afraid. He hasn't met anybody that can match his speed and has 3 times more power than he has. Pac's punches come from so many angles, he never gets tired, he has that in and out side to side movement that Floyd doesn't know how to shoulder roll his way out of this.

Agreed.

Anyway, here are some punch stats
Pac- 57 pct
Hatton- 23 pct

Floyd- 39 pct
Hatton- 17 pct

Pac- 38 pct
Oscar- 21 pct

Floyd- 43 pct
Oscar- 21 pct

Pac-31 pct
Mosley- 20 pct

Floyd- 44 pct
Mosley- 20 pct

Pac- 44 pct
Margarito- 28 pct

Floyd- 35
Ortiz- 18

Pac- 43 pct
Cotto- 29 pct

Floyd- 59 pct
Marquez- 12 pct

Pacquiao throws punches too wild? No defense? Give me a break. Manny is a 3 dimensional fighter now.

Regarding the punch stats of recent fights I showed,

Manny's average landed punches: 43 pct
Manny's average defense (punches avoided): 24 pct

Floyd's average landed punches: 44 pct
Floyd's average defense (punches avoided): 18 pct

Not much of a difference isn't it? Considering the fact that Pac throws more punches than Floyd every fight, that is impressive accuracy and solid defense.

Castillo and Coralles were the last good fighters in their prime that Floyd beat but that was 10 years ago. When he fought Baldosmear and Judah it was after his 5-6 years of fighting guys like Bruseles, and even then Baldomir and Judah really weren't that much of a step up. Btw you mention Marquez won against Pac, ok I agree with that, just like I agree that Castillo beat Mayweather the first time they fought.

Baldosmear was a lucky bum that caught Judah in the right time. Those two would've lost to faded Delahoya and Mosley and Cotto beat Judah way better than Floyd did.

Again name 3 fighters that Floyd beat that were better than Morales, Barerra and Marquez.

You could say, perhaps, Castillo beat Floyd the first time, but you also have to acknowledge he tore his rotator cuff, which forced him to fight totally different, even going southpaw at times.

Then Floyd came back and dismantled him leaving no doubt in the rematch. Manny came back the 2nd time against Marquez and looked just as bad, if not worse.

Baldomir was solid, and just like De la Hoya, weighed almost 170 Ilbs for their fight, though Mayweather is a chicken afraid of bigger men according to you guys :whatever:

And Judah, to this day, is the only person I've seen yet who clearly was beating Floyd in a fight. He easily won the first four rounds, is the only person that was quick enough to counter Floyd without taking damage, hurt Floyd in consecutive rounds, not just landing a luck shot like Mosley did, and probably would've won if he hadn't done what he always does, which is gas out.

If Mayweather is the superior defender out of him & Pacquiao (probably the best of all time next to Sweet Pea) and Zab was tagging him without much issue, I fail to see how Manny, at that time, would've won had he faced him. Hell, I don't even know how well he would do against Zab now, but of course, Judah is way past his prime so naturally, Manny was looking to fight him if Marquez had fell through.

cotto is a damn good fighter who is still in his prime

and has 2 losses - 1 to margarito who likely had illegal wrapping and manny

this is a guy mayweather cosntantly ducked

and please manny beat oscar 1 year after floyd did and much more devastating fashion

That didn't matter. It was a horrible match up for Cotto. Margarito has a strong chin but Miguel continued to go for the knock out. It eventually cost him the fight.

That didn't matter. It was a horrible match up for Cotto. Margarito has a strong chin but Miguel continued to go for the knock out. It eventually cost him the fight.

I think Margacheato was a good match up for Cotto. Cotto should have won (although I believe Margs had loaded gloves). But you are right, Cotto should have adapted his strategy rather than going for a KO that never looked likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"