Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: The Fight of the Century

When I heard that news that Pacquiao wasn't welcomed at MGM, I've got a feeling already that Pacquiao is going to lose.

This is a false argument. We are talking about this fight, and in this fight Floyd held every time they got inside. Now again, he does it and gets away with it, that is smart from him. Bayless was simply a weak fool. For what it is worth, I wish Bayless had forced Floyd to fight a bit more. Manny would have probably ended up getting sparked.

Nothing false about it, I'm talking recent or current champions that have held way more throughout their entire career than Floyd did in this fight. And I don't recall anyone caring to this extent.

Manny wasn't, and has never been, on Floyd's level. He didn't come to fight and people are making excuses for it. If he fought exactly like Floyd and beat him everyone would've called him a genius.

Nothing false about it, I'm talking recent or current champions that have held way more throughout their entire career than Floyd did in this fight. And I don't recall anyone caring to this extent.

Manny wasn't, and has never been, on Floyd's level. He didn't come to fight and people are making excuses for it. If he fought exactly like Floyd and beat him everyone would've called him a genius.
I don't know how much boxing talk you do. If you listen to podcast or go to a forum. But Wlad gets murdered before and after every fight for holding. His last fight was horrible and it was all anyone talked about after.

The first round of Canelo/Kirkland had more action then all of the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. :funny:

I have too many friends who aren't giving Mayweather his due. What we saw last night was not the most exciting fight, yes. The majority of people wanted to see a slobber knocker. A good chunk of people wanted to see Pacquiao knock Mayweather out. That did not happen and people feel cheated. But honestly, people got what they paid for.

Mayweather does what Mayweather does. He will stand his ground and outbox you. He made Pacquiao play to his tune and made him pay for it. He did not run. He did not fight like a coward. What we saw last night was a defensive masterclass. Mayweather may be a piece of s*** outside of the ring. He may portray himself as the villain. He may make it very easy to hate him. The fact of the matter is he is that damn good.

Mayweather is clearly an athletic talent and mastermind...no doubt...but I think if boxers follow his lead...it would ruin the sport. I watched it...was disappointed no knockout although understood that defense plays big role. Boxing matches like this will just get people bored...the whole stand back, 3 combo then back pace....then if opponent comes forward, just hug him....eh. I'll give Mayweather his props, business mastermind.

Mayweather is one of the best business saavy athletes I've seen in my 20 years on this planet. But I agree with you. Boxing matches like that will kill boxing. It's the same reason why the NFL gives the quarterback the advantage. Don't get me wrong. While I admired Mayweather's drfensive prowess to the nth degree, it was a boring fight. I even fell asleep between the 11th and 12th round.

Pacquaio had the chance to make it memorable. He did not, and because of that, he lost. Though I can't knock him personally. He wanted to last as long as he could so he could get that $$$.

And PS, Bayless is a POS. I agree. Even some casual boxing fans know he's crooked.

Being a defensive fighter is great, some of my favorites like Willie Pep, Benny Leonard, Joe Gans, Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles, Niccolino Locche, and even Duran have great defense, but their offensive game is also exciting especially Duran. They throw combinations and try to hurt their opponents (except Locche who is light fisted but throws lots of punches).

Floyd had a great offensive game when he was in the lighter divisions, so I can understand why he pot shots most of the time nowadays. And he's freaking 38! And he's had problems with his brittle hands. So he just does what he needs to do to win fights. But casual viewers dont know that so i can also understand their frustrations with Floyd's fights.

Floyd had a great offensive game when he was in the lighter divisions, so I can understand why he pot shots most of the time nowadays. And he's freaking 38! And he's had problems with his brittle hands. So he just does what he needs to do to win fights. But casual viewers dont know that so i can also understand their frustrations with Floyd's fights.

Exactly, but that's also why casual viewers are called just that, casual.

Last edited:

Because the guys you name dropped didn't go undefeated by fighting like a chicken.

If you call a defensive boxer a chicken, then you just don't know boxing.

I'll wait until Mayweather retires for boxing to go back to what its suppose to be:

[YT]5s--I8BsgDU[/YT]

In the meantime, you can keep watching your boring ass "fights".

I'll wait until Mayweather retires for boxing to go back to what its suppose to be:

[YT]5s--I8BsgDU[/YT]

In the meantime, you can keep watching your boring ass "fights".

Whoa waitaminute, these aren't defensive geniuses using the sweet science of hit and not get hit. This type of fighting is for the casual brain dead person. :o

No, in reality, imagine Floyd in this era;

Duran would've had Mayweather saying "no mas"
Leonard would've shut him out 15 rounds to 0
Hearns would've destroyed Floyd, he seriously would've done permanent damage to him
And Hagler? lol, Floyd would've avoided him like he did the top welters from '07-'10

Whoa waitaminute, these aren't defensive geniuses using the sweet science of hit and not get hit. This type of fighting is for the casual brain dead person. :o

No, in reality, imagine Floyd in this era;

Duran would've had Mayweather saying "no mas"
Leonard would've shut him out 15 rounds to 0
Hearns would've destroyed Floyd, he seriously would've done permanent damage to him
And Hagler? lol, Floyd would've avoided him like he did the top welters from '07-'10

Who, Margarito with the loaded gloves? The only real challenge he didn't face was Paul Williams, and that would've been a challenge simply because of height. He's fought everybody else. It may not have been at the best time, but he fought them.

Last edited:
Floyd avoided no one....

cotto, hatton, dlh, canelo, corrales, castillo, gatti, maidana, ortiz, pacquiao, mosley, judah

his resume is incredible

Nope, Timothy Bradley beat Jesse Vargas for the Interim belt so he's the WBO champion now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"