Maze Runner

Yeah, I saw you posted that... I'm just surprised.

When a movie makes over twice its budget worldwide on opening weekend, a sequel is guaranteed.

Yeah, I saw you posted that... I'm just surprised.

Maze Runner has a legit following, along with Dylan O'Brien. Also it was a slow month so it's nice to see something like this find success.

Saw this last night. Knew nothing going in. And I was very pleasantly surprised! This was a very good, exciting movie. :) That ending though! The sequel can't come soon enough.

0 votes out of total 15 for those who bothered participate in a poll at a forum not really focused on YA books anyway.

I saw this tonight.

It was an interesting movie through the first two thirds, it was pretty original as they don't make many maze movies. There was an interesting setup, and a novel spin on the lord of the flies story standard. I liked how they explored the maze, and how a society was set up in a way that was coherent and sensible given the socio-economic conditions.

I appreciate that they used characters who look like teenagers to play teenagers.

However, most of the characters were archetypes, there were a lot of really cliche moments, and the last ten minutes was completely "WTF". There was some social commentary on global warming and post-apocalyptic viruses that was not really earned by what came before.

Grade: B

Last edited:
I just saw it too. I really enjoyed it. Interested in seeing the future careers of all the actors.

Saw this last night. Knew nothing going in. And I was very pleasantly surprised! This was a very good, exciting movie. :) That ending though! The sequel can't come soon enough.

^This. Just saw the film and its pretty good. Gonna have to get the books now.

Watched it a few days ago, didn't quite like it, but I wasn't in my best spirit. It felt off to me.

‘Maze Runner’ Sequel ‘Scorch Trials’ Casts Rosa Salazar as Second Female Lead

Rosa-Salazar-in-Jamesy-Boy.jpg

She's good on Parenthood.

Finally got to see this. Been waiting for this movie for a while.

Im a big fan of Dylan O Brien from Teen Wolf. In fact he's one of the reasons I watch TW. He's really funny on there.

I thought this was a really good movie. I was interested the whole time. I didn't read the book but I knew basically what was going to happen.

The performances were all really good. The scene of Thomas and Minho running through the Blades/when the maze was closing around them is one of my favorite action scenes this year.

I dont really have any complaints. Can't wait to see what the sequel brings. I dont know the story of that one and I dont want to know anything until the first trailer.

7.5/10

0 votes out of total 15 for those who bothered participate in a poll at a forum not really focused on YA books anyway.
When a live action adaption of a YA book is about to hit the silver screen, only then will we wake up and discuss how much we look forward to it.
But why do we wanna see it if we aren't familiar with the books? That's an interesting question.

Great!!!
But I guess it means he won't get cast in Shazam then.

Last edited:
When a live action adaption of a YA book is about to hit the silver screen, only then will we wake up and discuss how much we look forward to it.
But why do we wanna see it if we aren't familiar with the books? That's an interesting question.

Great!!!
But I guess it means he won't get cast in Shazam then.

I don't really see wants so interesting about it. Like any other film, the premise and marketing are what get people to want to see it. Plenty of films don't even really market the fact that they're based on some other source since the majority of people who'd watch never bothered to read the source. The main goal is to advertise the film, not the book.

It would depend on when both films are in production and if he's even the type of kid they want for that film.

I enjoyed this flick. Looking forward to the sequel.

Maze Runner made another 12 mill this weekend. PLay its cards right it could skate by with 200 mill worldwide. And on only a $34 mill budget.

Nowhere near Hunger Games numbers and a bit off of Divergent numbers, but 200 mill for this is still a very good amount

I can't see them objecting considering there's two more books that can be adapted after that.

I thought it was a trilogy and one prequel

EDIT: Nvm I just found out theres another prequel coming out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"