MCU Doctor Doom

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by MasterCat, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Dasher10

Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

He was also in The Whistleblower. So he's not a, "no name."

2. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

That's pretty much what critics said of Hayden Christensen as Anakin - that he was more like an impetuous and sulking teenager who was told he couldn't go out because he had to do his homework instead of seeming like this Dr Doom-like villain of Darth Vader.

Well at least you didn't say "ACTING" in capitals as people always write whenever they say that.

3. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

He's a no name if you are using a film I had to look up from nearly a decade back to justify his casting. Ask anyone on the street and they won't be able to name the film, much less him or who he played in it.

4. Dasher10

Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Have you ever seen A Serbian Film? His performance in that was legit memorable.

5. KRYPTON INC.

You are missing the point... 99.9% of the people who live outside of the Balkans have never seen a Serbian film.

Once more... This person you are pushing is indeed a no name to the vast majority of the audience. Do unknowns get cast? Yeah but looking at the track record VILLAINS are more often than not played by a more established performer. This has been the playbook going back to Donner's Superman.

Once more... They are not going to cast a no name Serbian actor simply because a minority of online fans need some kind of absolute authenticity for the casting of their movies about rubber men, boys that can become on fire and walking talking orange rock men with pronounced New Yawk accents who fight giant dayglow purple planet eaters who have surf board using silver Academy Awards as their minions.

I am for as much grounded realism as can be in terms of stakes and taking the dramatic parts of these films at face value but to suggest that means that the only or even best choice for Doom is an obscure Serbian actor is a bridge too far.

6. Whatupman

Whatupman Registered

I admittedly don't know a lot about Doctor Doom, but how about Nikolaj Coster-Waldau?

7. Damkac

Damkac Registered

Then why everybody wants to have jewish actor to play Thing? Not to mention all those people going mad when heterosexual actor is about to play nonheterosexual character.

8. KRYPTON INC.

I sure think he has voice and presence to pull it off.

These days he might be older than they would choose considering the long term commitment to the MCU such a part might require. But I think he could play Victor no problem.

Whatupman likes this.
  9. GoblinScrier

GoblinScrier Registered

10. Detective Conan

Detective Conan Registered

The Russos won't be involved in the MCU for a while after Endgame but after a long hiatus they have expressed interest in doing Secret Wars but I'd rather they get someone else. Marvel should try to get fresh blood instead of digging back into the old well over and over again with directors they've worked with before.

11. GoblinScrier

GoblinScrier Registered

If they want Secret Wars, let them have it..they have a 4-0 record of amazing films...in fact give them anything they want

psylockolussus and Marvel united like this.
  12. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

God, the Russo’s version of doom would be so epic to see

13. Gmandacomicfan

Gmandacomicfan Registered

OK, I know at first you may think no, but hear me out... Andrew Scott would be the perfect Doom. He was Moriarty in Sherlock and he can play the hammy, over the topness needed for Doom, as seen in the Helicopter scene from the last season, he masters accents so its not hard to believe he could nail Dooms inflection, but more importantly, he can be genuinely funny one second, as Doom has been shown to be from time to time, to genuinely terrifying, as Doom usually is. Look at the pool scene in Sherlock, he goes from jokes, to calm and cocky to horrifyingly chilling. Plus he has the sharp features I think pre mask Doom needs and he can act with his voice VERY well, which is also super important seeing as Doom is mainly voice and rarely facial expression.

14. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

Eh, I'd rather they go out and get a Scandavian actor for Doom. Marvel's got the clout.

15. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

I think Andrew Scott is a horrible actor. I was very unimpressed by his Moriarty. Hate to be so negative, he may be the nicest guy in the world, I just think he’s horrible.

16. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Why Scandinavian and not Eastern European?

17. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Ok following on from d23 you know what would be the coolest idea?

A Doctor Doom Disney+ show with the production values of Sherlock and a Nordic noir series like Borgen or the Bridge.

Imagine that! It would explain why Feige gave Hawley’s script the heave ho. Plus they could still use Hawley and not throw his hard work away. If anything he’s even more suited for telly than movies!