MCU Doctor Doom

I feel they should give him a Thanos treatment (focus a whole movie around him) only because Doom goes way beyond just being a FF nemesis - he's one of the bigger Marvel players when crossover events happen and, up until now, MCU had the major crossover bad guys in other studios save for Loki and Red Skull (Magneto and Doom are definitely something they need to get right in MCU form).

Kevin Feige knows this and he acknowledged it at a press event. More than getting Xmen and FF back, Marvel really received something that it had been lacking for a while and that's the big name villains. IMO Marvel's so-called "villain problem" came as a result from this, the good known ones were out of the realm of possibility and the ones that stayed (mostly obscure ones) were kind of a blank slate for them to toy around with. Doesn't help that they keep killing off the ones with staying power but there's a behind the scenes aspect to it that also played out (Hugo Weaving not wanting to return as Red Skull is a damn shame).

Last edited:
I wonder if they can give doom an even better entrance than Ming the Merciless

Something like this would be epic

Toby Stephens would be my choice for Doom if you wanna make Latveria an offshoot of Sokovia post AoU.

Oded Fehr would've been great a few years ago if you wanted to add that whole Romanian gypsy line in there.

I wonder if they can give doom an even better entrance than Ming the Merciless

Something like this would be epic

Klytus in FG proves you can do the mask/robe thing and have it look ominous and badass.

klytus3.jpg

Totes, they were doing it decades before modern costumers with bigger budgets produced worse results. Makes you think

I was thinking though, if they did do a doom movie and it was a “last king of Scotland” type movie who would play the relatable protagonist guy? Like, who would that be? Is there a diplomat character we haven’t seen yet who would be a cool Easter egg.

Then again, they could use Everett Ross and then when Doom is revealed as the psychopath he is it sets the stage for conflict with T’challa. Imagine what a huge moment it would be if Doom offed Martin freeman

I was thinking though, if they did do a doom movie and it was a “last king of Scotland” type movie who would play the relatable protagonist guy? Like, who would that be? Is there a diplomat character we haven’t seen yet who would be a cool Easter egg.

Then again, they could use Everett Ross and then when Doom is revealed as the psychopath he is it sets the stage for conflict with T’challa. Imagine what a huge moment it would be if Doom offed Martin freeman

How about this... Maybe the "relatable" POV character shouldn't even be likeable? At this point, Ross has sympathy from the audience and what's more we are aware of his good guy cred.

How about instead we introduce the MCU version of this guy?

tumblr_ogjbvxnPjT1ru09bvo5_500.jpg

Avengers+Too+Many.jpg

d884eb6ab6623c5fd8731a78b47417c2.jpg

Henry Peter Gyrich. Not really a villain, but for sure not really an ally of the hero community. Thing is... Gyrich often has a POV on the super human community that's got some validity to it.

Why not have a story with him say, attempting diplomatic relations with Latveria on orders from the State dept.? He sees what Doom has accomplished in his country but gets entangled in some plot of Victor's. This of course was why Victor was engaging with the U.S. in the first place. This would show that Doom isn't afraid of any nation on Earth. America, China, Russia... To him all the great powers are just playthings.

Plus you intro Gyrich who could then be turned loose in future Avengers movies.

Well, yeah they could. But the point would be for the audience to connect with him since Doom is not exactly relatable. Basically the character arc should be “oh I don’t know about this guy that seized control of a small country, I heard he’s no good” “oh he doesn’t seem so bad maybe everyone else is just wrong”, “oh dear god this guy is effed up! Get me out of here!”

What I'd like to see is Doom first established as the villain and ultimate bad-ass in several MCU films.

Then, only after he has been established, I'd go back to him as a kid in Latveria. I'd make the reigning aristocracy completely heartless and we would see Doom and his parents suffering as insignificant have-nothings under the rule of the aristocracy.

I would never show Doom as weak. Even as a kid, I'd portray him as cold and calculating with a driving vision of revenge on those that have wronged him. I'd make his parents a little scared of how intense he was, even as a child.

I would make the aristocracy such jerks that even though Doom would never be a 'good guy' the audience would be rooting for him to get his revenge.

The final 10 minutes would be similar to the end of Rogue One when we see Darth Vader unleashing. I'd have Doom, in full armor, mercilessly slaughtering the aristocracy that had oppressed his family and Latveria in general.

I think that would allow us to see Doom's story and his motivation in a story that would have a satisfying story without him really being a "hero" - just a different brutal ruler who had learned from those who preceded him.

I've always been impressed by Doom's comic origin because, to me, it reminded me of the stories of real dictators. If you look at the lives of Stalin, Hitler, Saddam Hussein etc., they all came from humble, oppressed beginnings, and they used brutal methods to put themselves at the top of the system that shaped them.

While everybody is speaking about the voice and actor and that's definitely one of the most important aspects, I'm hoping that, beyond a great actor and voice, they go with the geopolitical thriller angle on the bastard and really ground him in some aspects of reality like those autocratic dictators of smaller nations.

That could also be reflected on his look as well. I saw some concept art ideas of a militarized Doom figure that really make perfect sense to me in MCU's Avengers world:

m018__doctor_doom_by_green_mamba_dc35xe2-pre.png

Or this plus the hood:
29002d401a58e74d6b1d8e02b6451f90.jpg

Even if it's for introduction's sake, I really feel that they need to touch up his design a bit and then, sure, go wild with a combat armor for him. The original look, while iconic, is just a big full-body knight armor with a green garment and hood. Pretty sure they can do better without Baron Zemoing him.

That would be fun. In the comics you can’t go too over the top with the costume because the artist only has less than a month to get the comic ready and they have to draw everything several times an issue but obviously that’s not an issue for the movies so they should go nuts

i would not be surprised if the MCU Doctor Doom is also a Sokovia Citizen

i would not be surprised if the MCU Doctor Doom is also a Sokovia Citizen

My pitch (if one can call it that) is that Latverian forces should roll into Sokovia, making themselves out to be “real heroes.”

Yeah I could see him as being a guy who wants to keep his people safe, basically by outlawing all superhero nonsense. So there’s a noble side to him, even though really it’s just so he can be the strongest and the best.

Can’t wait for him to have an iconic theme

No need really to make Victor Sokovian.

Why not? There’s a shared universe, use it. I could see doom being the Kim Il sung of sokovia and renaming it latveria

Watching Sherlock Holmes a game of shadows. Seeing Jarred Harris opposite RDJ's Sherlock as Moriarty gives the impression he would make an awesome Dr doom.

images

Oh that would be fun! Doom should have a proper voice. I don’t even really need a hand to hand fighter, for me it’s all about the presense

I think Lars Mikkelsen is the perfect alternative to Mads. He has that combination of really unique voice and imposing presence. And you could absolutely buy him as someone who has a towering intellect as well.

Why not? There’s a shared universe, use it. I could see doom being the Kim Il sung of sokovia and renaming it latveria

That's not expanding the universe though. Why not have Wakanda sink and call it Atlantis? Because they are two discrete things, that's why. No body heard of Sokovia before AOU. WELL.. we just didn't hear about Latveria. Shared universes means by their nature that expansive ideas can exist side by side. You don't have to tie thing together just cuz. Doom's tech doesn't have to be based on Stark. You can have multiple genius characters. And you can have multiple fictional countries. Making Sokovia into Latveria doesn't even add anything important or solve any issues. It's just an unnecessary step when it could be simplified.

Marvel really hit their stride with Phase III villains. I hope this continues Post-Thanos and Dr. Doom would be the perfect multi-film threat. Please do not reduce him to the Mandarin or Ultron.

That's not expanding the universe though. Why not have Wakanda sink and call it Atlantis? Because they are two discrete things, that's why. No body heard of Sokovia before AOU. WELL.. we just didn't hear about Latveria. Shared universes means by their nature that expansive ideas can exist side by side. You don't have to tie thing together just cuz. Doom's tech doesn't have to be based on Stark. You can have multiple genius characters. And you can have multiple fictional countries. Making Sokovia into Latveria doesn't even add anything important or solve any issues. It's just an unnecessary step when it could be simplified.
Agreed. I feel the same about the Quantum Realm F4 instead of them introducing new concepts to the MCU like the Negative Zone

Watching Sherlock Holmes a game of shadows. Seeing Jarred Harris opposite RDJ's Sherlock as Moriarty gives the impression he would make an awesome Dr doom.

images

I took the liberty of taking his performance in this scene and added a 5 minute robotic filter pass, you can listen to it here, attached. Kinda interesting. Although I didn't particularly like this Moriarty but its not the actor's fault, I think he was a bit miscast vs a much younger RDJ. It felt like he was the nemesis to a much classical and older Holmes, not this action-based younger Holmes. BBC's Sherlock series had it right when they cast Andrew Scott opposite Benedict.

But getting back ontopic, I think in general, if you're casting an actor that's going to be mainly covered head to toe in his performance, you're going to want his voice to be recognizable so I'd get an actor with a very deep voice and Shakespearian deliver. Not unlike what they did by casting James Spader as Ultron. You don't need an Oscar winning actor just to have him not emote for most of the movie, you just need someone with the right deep delivery and that way you save yourself a big hassle of having to fabricate his voice that much.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Bryan Cranston has that deep voice and delivery that would be perfect for him.

Attachments

• doomTest.zip
    1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I have enough confidence in Marvel right now to not do something stupid like make Doom be from Sokovia instead of Latveria.

I still support Doom as the heir to the throne, his father being killed in a US-backed coup. Now he returns as the savior to his people who rapidly transforms Latveria into a major threat to the international status quo. Perhaps he sees a kinship with Wakanda and T'Challa in this way, both will inevitably be targeted by the gatekeepers of geopolitical power. But obviously the two leaders don't see eye to eye.

I could see Sokovia....becoming Latveria with name change and everything .

Maybe he takes over and uses ultron bot remains to create his doom bots

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"