MCU Doctor Doom

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by MasterCat, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Bryan Cranston doesn’t like to do ham which is not really suitable for doom. Doom is larger than life.

2. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Eh... Doom has done ham. It's tasty ham, but c'mon... His name is Doctor Doom. Guy's a drama queen.

3. KRYPTON INC.

Nah... Using something somebody else created in that way is beneath Doom.

4. Michael Frost

Michael Frost Frozen Still

Actually he is very open to something like this. Except he was really aiming for Mr Sinister since there hasn't been a version of that character onscreen before and he wants to try to make a character his own instead of having to deal with comparisons.

If he took on Doom tho, he wouldn't really have that problem IMO. The other Dooms have nothing going on to be compared to...

5. CaptainWagner

CaptainWagner Not Today

I don't think Marvel is going to cast anyone substantially older than Reed as Victor. And since they're obviously not casting a 60 year old Reed, I think it's safe to rule out Jared Harris and Bryan Cranston. I'd love to see Cranston as Mr. Sinister, though. We're virtually guaranteed to see him in the new X-Men series, he's the biggest villain they haven't used yet.

6. Kahran Ramsus

Kahran Ramsus Registered

Being portrayed by someone older doesn't necessarily mean that Doom would be older. Doom's been horrifically scarred and he wears (or should) a mask the entire time anyways. I don't think the age of the actor really matters that much because we shouldn't be getting a good look at the actor's face anyways.

7. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Totally, a non ham doctor doom is definitely not what we need. Doom should be hammy

Dark Raven likes this.
  8. MbJ

MbJ Registered

Agreed. The ham is baked into the character's DNA.

9. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

You know it’s interesting Cranston always said he hates ham but he was obviously trying to ham it up in power rangers. Kind of felt like his heart wasn’t in it though, like he realised halfway through “oh wait I’m not this.” But yeah, someone with ham for the good doctor.

I still love Ramin Karimloo for victor

10. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

Matthias Schoenaerts

CaptainWagner likes this.
  11. CaptainWagner

CaptainWagner Not Today

I'll be honest, I haven' seen him in anything, but he certainly has the right look. I think Luke Evans could be great if they wanted a star.

Marvel united likes this.
  12. Marvel united

Marvel united Omega level Mutant

You should totally check him out in Red Sparrow

His character reminded me a bit of Putin. I can see those sort of qualities transfering wonderfully to Doom. This guy does a lot of acting when his eyes and subtle facial nuances and I think that Is also very important factor to consider with Doom for obvious reasons.

He's been my choice for a good 8 months now

CaptainWagner likes this.
  13. TheFuture

TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

I could get on board with a Reed in his 40s/even 50s if they could get Ralph Fiennes for Doom.

I love Mads Mikkelson but I don't think he quite has the presence and voice for Doom. He's got a seductive voice....almost too seductive because as a fan of Hannibal, I found it hard to hear what he was saying at time.

Fiennes on the other hand has that seductive quality but he also has that icey, clear delivery that would work so well for Doom. Couple that with Fiennes' ability to chew scenery in a matter that always stays on the right side of serious as opposed to ham and for me you have your dream Doom.....not that I'd expect anything like Fiennes in reality. Marvel throw curve balls on stuff like this.

14. jolldan

jolldan Registered

If I could pick anyone I think Bardem would be great for it.

15. KRYPTON INC.

While perhaps a bit long in the tooth for the MCU... Marton Csokas, who should be a bigger star in my opinion after his breakout in THE EQUALIZER would be an almost ideal Victor Von Doom.

16. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I thought that was going to showcase his acting, but it turned out to be a music video.

His accent is too Spanish for Doom. Why would Doom sound like that? And if Bardem is going to change his accent, then why get him in the first place?

17. jolldan

jolldan Registered

He just has a great voice with im sure he could tweak it to give more of an unknown eastern European sound.

Plenty of iconic roles where guys switched up their accents just think he'd make a good Doom if he blended together his roles as in Skyfall & No Country For Old Men.

18. djsunyc

djsunyc Registered

introducing the character of doom the country leader in black panther would actually be a smart way to do it. (kind of like how avengers 2 introduced wakanda and klaw before panther himself). you can have tchalla and doom on opposite ends of the spectrum in some world leader meeting in a quick 5 min scene and that could be it.

19. Dasher10

Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

I want an actor from the Balkans to be Doom. I'd be upset if he's played by an American.

20. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I’m ok with a non Balkans actor, it’s more important to get that proper thespian dramatic voice. That’s what I really want.

Definitely not like a squeaky teen voice haha. That’s why I don’t want someone like Matt Smith or whatever. Doom should be a proper threat not a kylo ren in need of a nappy change

Neptune and Dark Raven like this.
  21. Xeno

Xeno That's America's ass!

The nationality of the actor isn't important. There's a reason it's called "acting" and not "being."

Neptune and Gmandacomicfan like this.
  22. Dasher10

Yeah but they at least need somebody who can finally get the accent right. I'm 100% behind Sergej Trifunovich being Doom. Can he play villains who are charismatic, manipulative and alternately friendly and horrifying? YES!

23. Dasher10

And he leads his own political party in Serbia while also still being an actor. He's literally the best choice for Doom out of anyone alive today.

24. KRYPTON INC.

This isn't the kind of part that goes to a Serbian actor no one has ever heard of just because it will placate fans that require "authenticity" in their movies about rubber band men that fight sorcerers/scientist whose mothers' souls are trapped in hell.

25. Dasher10

Have you ever watched A Serbian Film? The bad guy in that is who I want to see play Doctor Doom. Somebody who manages to get into people's heads and makes them do the unthinkable while hamming it up the entire time. THAT right there is literally who Doctor Doom is.